Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Aw.!! Heres a little clip to annoy you so :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Hey Spread, now I know where you got a taste for Chucky’s soup. You must have attended the Gilsum Young at Heart Seniors group last March when they were serving Stone Soup. Let us have that recipe please.:D

Ooooh shoot! We lost the rugby 60-0 :mad:

First you go out and catch a stone First you go out and dig a stone and then follow Wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_soup

The great thing about it is, if you get the smaller stones you just suck them and don't damage your dentures. Or for those Seniors that have entered their second childhood ........ their braces!

Back tomorrow for another couple of hours. Only setback I lost my distance glasses. These are the type that you can virtually tie in knots and they return to their right shape. Hope I get them back. Novenas anyone?

I thought that ye were talking about Jacob Marley ............. Bob Marley's great, great, great, great grandfather :D

Oh fer gawd sake Spread. Its a gloomy Saturday evening and we're 2 wimmins.
    You dont expect any sort of intellectual chat I hope :p

High 5s all 'round. Phone rings and glasses left in restaurant. Had no vino with lunch. Methinks the auld sup of Merlot enhances the grey stuff. Cheers!

Sorry Chucken and Ramette. Didn't realise that "Many Rivers To Cross" was high brow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Spread wrote: »
    High 5s all 'round. Phone rings and glasses left in restaurant. Had no vino with lunch. Methinks the auld sup of Merlot enhances the grey stuff. Cheers!

Sorry Chucken and Ramette. Didn't realise that "Many Rivers To Cross" was high brow :D

Your cruisin' for a bruisin.......

Was'nt that Jimmy Cliff?

You're on the ball chucken .......... he was de bomb! Although UB40s version was more to my liking. I know he's playing Hyde Park in July.
    Now must concentrate on the France/Spain match. Who'm I for? La Belle France of course.

Come on Ramette! Lets shout for Spain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I couldn't care less at this stage. :P

• Advertisement

Ole Ole Ole Ole :D

We're having a week of festival here since Wednesday.
    Today we took a guided tour of The Cathedral. I've lived next to it for 21 years and knew nothing of the history,it was great :) Had to climb 139 steps to get to the tower :(

Later on we're off to a free Ukulele concert..not something you see every day!

Chucken wrote: »
    Come on Ramette! Lets shout for Spain :D

You won't get me going there ......... I'm a Poppa
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less at this stage. :P

Howd'ya mean ........ there's still 16 mins left
    Ramette wrote: »
    Ole Ole Ole Ole :D

Ah! Another Gaeleor
    We're having a week of festival here since Wednesday.
    Today we took a guided tour of The Cathedral. I've lived next to it for 21 years and knew nothing of the history,it was great :) Had to climb 139 steps to get to the tower :(

Later on we're off to a free Ukulele concert..not something you see every day!

Didn't know there was a Cathedral in Scattery Island ...... 'though I knew it was very hilly.

Spread wrote: »
    You won't get me going there ......... I'm a Poppa

Howd'ya mean ........ there's still 16 mins left

Ah! Another Gaeleor

Didn't know there was a Cathedral in that place...... 'though I knew it was very hilly.

There is'nt ;) I dont live there either :p

The concert was cancelled. probably due to someone not being able to organise a p -up in a brewery!

Yeah, those ukes just cannot be relied upon. Too much of an inferiority complex because of Colombian tiples!

On duty again in the morning so early to bed :D

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Sleep well Spread. Nice to almost see you again. Never mind these wimmin. The think in funny ways. I often wonder if they even understand each other.

Anyway, I am going to watch some football tonight. I think it is Italy against England??? I have not been able to see much of it the past week or so due to work (you can boo and hiss at the use of that evil word)

Just wondering how Merlot will affect this awful case of manflu I am suffering with. Maybe a brandy would be better?

Ugh I feel rough. See you as and when I pop back.

Toodle pip chums.

Ah Rube you poor cratur... you need some of chucken's chicken soup with a wee dram;)

I'd recommend you to google the "Chicken Soup For ............" series and pick the appropriate one. Flu', Bad Cough, Minor Headache etc. Then into the blender with 2 shots of Brandy, 2 shots of Cointreau and a dash of Alcoholic Cloves. Mix like billyo and down the hatch as quickly as possible. This to be repeated every so often as required. C'mon EngerLand! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

*hic*

Now to sh... sh... put the chicken in the blender. *hic* Be quiet while I try to catsch ist. *hic*

Ist wriggles a bit and it ish a bit *hic* big....

besht take shome feathers off it too.....

Oh. No more brandy to put in with it. Never mind a packet of lemsip will do.

Darn it it keeps getting out......

Ha got it. I strapped the lid down.

Now to switch it on........... Oops the plug is in with the chicken. Gotta take it out again.

Now look ...... it has run away.

• Advertisement

oh dear I think Rube is running a fever... we may have to get the leeches out! I think Alice has them stored in a jar beside her bed:D

How's the toe Spread? Hope you arent eating any rich food.. .we dont want you getting gout now do we?

Gout outta that! Toe very much improved and will go back to fixing up the house on Tuesday. Rich food? Had a feed of Bacon, Liver, Onions and Ciabatta a few hours ago. But I take some red wine nightly to counteract any raised cholesterol thingies. Am here at the Rock Swap but my tent is a kinda slow. We have 15 real diamonds hidden in a suitcase of sand. For $5 you get a ladle of sand, sieve it over a tray and try and pick out a diamond from the mica with a tweezers. The diamonds are pinhead to about 1mm ......... so it is very hard, but a few people have done it. (All proceeds go to the Gilsum 250th anniversary fund). It's 80F with a slight breeze so things should get busy after lunch.

Ah I forgot about your Rock Swap! You do lead a busy life...
    Am laughing at the liver, bacon and ciabatta! tis far from ciabatta we were reared! I hope you are going to save a few of those diamonds for us ladies.. diamond is my birth stone just so you know:)

Ramette wrote: »
    Ah I forgot about your Rock Swap! You do lead a busy life...
    Am laughing at the liver, bacon and ciabatta! tis far from ciabatta we were reared! I hope you are going to save a few of those diamonds for us ladies.. diamond is my birth stone just so you know:)

But not from the Liver as we were all born near Athy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,258 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ahhhhh feet up, small glasseen in hand. Just back from being a Viking in a Norman castle all afternoon. No-one seemed even remotely concerned about this anachronism. The warriors did a great job killing each other - several times each. The sun shone, people came. All good!

Chuckeeen jellybaby.... You've got mail is on the telly :)

looksee wrote: »
    Ahhhhh feet up, small glasseen in hand. Just back from being a Viking in a Norman castle all afternoon. No-one seemed even remotely concerned about this anachronism. The warriors did a great job killing each other - several times each. The sun shone, people came. All good!

:eek: It looks like Munster is being taken over again by the Vikings.

Theres a gang of them here too!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Must bookmark this concert for next year...looks like a good one for older folk..

http://www.westportfestival.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,258 ✭✭✭✭looksee

:eek: It looks like Munster is being taken over again by the Vikings.

Theres a gang of them here too!!!!!!

They're all over the place Chucken - these were indeed Munster vikings but they invaded Leinster for the day!

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    They're all over the place Chucken - these were indeed Munster vikings but they invaded Leinster for the day!

Payback for the Rugby ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement