Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb of God Appreciation thread

Options
  • 05-12-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

What with their sixth album being released next month, I was wondering what is the general concensus on these guys. I highly rate them all as musicians and also I find Randy's lyrics to be quite political and generally badass! Will they ever come to the Republic for a gig?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

new album next month?,seems like only yesterday they released there last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

They blew Slayer away when they supported them in the point in 2001 (was it?). I haven't given them a spin in AGES, might put on some burn the priest and work my way back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

chin_grin wrote: »
    They blew Slayer away when they supported them in the point in 2001 (was it?). I haven't given them a spin in AGES, might put on some burn the priest and work my way back up.

Think that was around 2007. Just slightly off with 2001 there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Think that was around 2007. Just slightly off with 2001 there. :pac:

:eek:

Eh, beer + headbanging. Dangerous cocktail. :pac:

Oh, wait 2006.............I think. http://www.allmetalforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2037.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Yep, I absolutely love them. I was at that gig in the point with my son (he was there for Children of Bodom and I for In Flames) and we both came away LoG fans.
    Very much looking forward to the new album and tour.

Edit: just got news of new track streaming here: http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/12/05/exclusive-metalsucks-track-premiere-lamb-of-gods-ghost-walking/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, the teaser track is just more of the same awesome-ness!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

their latest album is amazing. Randy can take credit for possibly the best metal vocal performance ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I do like me a bit of Lamb of God I do. I was in my teens when As the Palaces Burn came out, that disc had a monopoly on my cd player for so long.

This

and of course Vigil were the highlights for me.

Actually Vigil is still one of my favourite songs. Great to hear that there's a new album coming out.

So, less than a week to go till the Dublin gig. Old Gregg and son are looking forward to this.

Anyone else going and feel like meeting for a beer beforehand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

old gregg wrote: »
    So, less than a week to go till the Dublin gig. Old Gregg and son are looking forward to this.

Heading to this on my lonesome but really looking forward to it. Should be awesome.

should be awesome is an expression I'd use too. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Myself, the brother and the missus are heading along. Saw them in Academy 2 or 3 years ago when Five Finger Death Punch supported. Both bands were amazing. LOG just about beat them.

Can't wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll be up around 1 or so to check into a hostel, so I'd be free after that if you wanna head for a pint.

Denny M wrote: »
    I'll be up around 1 or so to check into a hostel, so I'd be free after that if you wanna head for a pint.

coolio. I'll be driving up from Waterford so won't hit town till around 6. But if someone local wants to nominate a nearby watering hole then perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Bloody leaving cert! I wanted to see them live so damn much

Cill94 wrote: »
    Bloody leaving cert! I wanted to see them live so damn much

not to worry, work hard, get the points, course, job, lifestyle and you'll be able to catch them anywhere in the future. The certainly seem together enough to not be going away any time soon. Best wishes with the exams!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh brilliant! Sylosis is the support act for the concert, I'm delighted!

I'm driving up from Cork with my brother and driving back after, If I wasn't I'd meet some fellow boardsies for a scoop!

not to worry, work hard, get the points, course, job, lifestyle and you'll be able to catch them anywhere in the future. The certainly seem together enough to not be going away any time soon. Best wishes with the exams!

Ah yeah, I know school comes first. I'll catch em some other time :) cheers man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Just to get into the mood

See you on Wednesday :D

One of the funniest things I've seen. :D

well what do you know, Randy can be an asshole sometimes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just realised theyll be playing here during the Eucharistic Congress... Wonder will Randy say anything about it lol

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Just realised theyll be playing here during the Paedo Congress... Wonder will Randy say anything about it lol

that would be sweet and fyp :p

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Just realised theyll be playing here during the Eucharistic Congress... Wonder will Randy say anything about it lol

I watched a recent interview with them, and Randy said that one of the biggest misconceptions about LOG is that they're an anti-Christian band. Found that statement a bit odd considering the band name, album names and lyrics of their songs! Plus the band used to be called Burn The Priest...I mean seriously.

Cill94 wrote: »
    I watched a recent interview with them, and Randy said that one of the biggest misconceptions about LOG is that they're an anti-Christian band. Found that statement a bit odd considering the band name, album names and lyrics of their songs! Plus the band used to be called Burn The Priest...I mean seriously.

I'd seen an interview with maybe Mark recently saying that he's quite religious. Dunno, doesn't bother me either way as long the music's as great as it has always been.

I'd seen an interview with maybe Mark recently saying that he's quite religious. Dunno, doesn't bother me either way as long the music's as great as it has always been.

Doesn't bother me either. It's just confusing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Very excited for the Belfast gig tonight :D. I've had my ticket since the day they were released (which was also my birthday so I got one as a present), so glad time has just flown in :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone have spare tickets for the academy? I tried adverts but people a dog slow to get back to ya!

Is there a possibility of getting tickets up there also?

Advertisement