Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Would rather go for the ladbrokes quatro bet due to chelsea missing Terry, Ivanovic, Rameries and Merieles - Bayern to win and 3 or more match goals at 11/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

shangri la wrote: »
    Would rather go for the ladbrokes quatro bet due to chelsea missing Terry, Ivanovic, Rameries and Merieles - Bayern to win and 3 or more match goals at 11/5

Drogba 16/5 anytime looks a far better bet to me,And I would take any reason to back Bayern on Saturday!

Are you not worried about Bayerns defence after that drubbing on Saturday?3 of those 4 won't be up against Drogba,And if thats them full strength I doubt their replacements will deal with Drogba.

Anyone any idea what the back four will look like for Bayern yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

bradlente wrote: »
    Drogba 16/5 anytime looks a far better bet to me,And I would take any reason to back Bayern on Saturday!

Are you not worried about Bayerns defence after that drubbing on Saturday?3 of those 4 won't be up against Drogba,And if thats them full strength I doubt their replacements will deal with Drogba.

Anyone any idea what the back four will look like for Bayern yet?
    Got this from another Forum...
    A bit bizarre that Bayern will be playing the final in their home stadium, they certainly have a fair advantage in that respect. How much of an advantage will it prove to be? Well, there are three instances of sides playing the European Cup final in their own stadium;

1957 - Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid - Real Madrid 2 Fiorentina 0
    1965 - San Siro, Milan - Inter Milan 1 Benfica 0
    1984 - Stadio Olimpico, Rome - Roma 1 Liverpool 1 (2-4 Pens)

I'm not a big follower or believer in looking at results from 50 years ago! But with 2 wins and a draw I think it shows there is an advantage, particularly when the side is as strong as Bayern at home. If you extend that interest to having the final played in your home country then the trend continues with 5 of the 8 finals being won.

That is one factor to consider or ignore, the second is certainly relevant and that is the various suspensions. Bayern have Holger Badstuber, David Alaba and Luiz Gustavo out, Daniel Van Buyten is still out injured and while there are rumours he might be fit in time but after so long out I can't see him playing so Tymoschuk will move to centre back, I don't think Bayern will be massively confident of his chances against Drogba and there will be pressure on Boateng to help keep the big man quiet as much as possible, Drogba is likely to try and partner himself against Tymoschuk. Rafinha will come in at right back and Lahm will move to the left back position, or Contento will come in and allow Lahm to continue at right back. The defence is certainly more of a concern than the attack, don't think Rafinha weakens them massively but he certainly isn't as good a defender as he is going forward, Alaba is an excellent player and difficult to replace but the defence has only conceded 6 in 20 when Rafinha has started. As for Gustavo Kroos will drop back alongside Schweini and means Muller will start, which possibly weakens them more than some people might think.

I watched the cup final on Saturday evening and Bayern were dire as Yiddo points out above, the defence was a shambles and the usually potent Robben, Ribery and Gomez were hardly seen. Borussia Dortmund have had the edge over Bayern for a while though winning the last 5 encounters and are a far better attacking unit than Chelsea, very fluid, and gave Bayern a lot more to think about than Chelsea will.

Neuer
    -Rafinha
    Boateng
    Tymoschuk
    Lahm-
    Schweini
    Kroos

Robben
    Muller
    Ribery

Gomez

As for Chelsea, RDM has had a fair amount of choice taken away by the suspensions, Terry, Ivanovic, Ramires and Meirales are all out and it is fair to say they are key players that will hurt the side as much as the Bayern missings. RDM rested virtually everyone for the game yesterday, of the players I think will probably start only Essien played. Dean Sturridge (who seemed to have a bit of inside knowledge) was on the radio yesterday and seemed confident Cahill will be fit to start, Luiz seems more 70/30 but think they will both make it. If he has to have an injection or two to get him through the 90mins I'm sure he wouldn't think twice.

Cech
    -Boswinga
    Cahill
    Luiz
    Cole-
    --Kalou
    Lampard
    Mikel
    Essien/Romeu
    Mata--
    Drogba

Ramires and Ivanovic are the biggest losses from the starting line-up for me, Ramires has an energy and quality of passing that will be greatly missed in the centre of the park. Mikel has proved his quality and deserves his place, for Lampard its possibly the last big club game of his career and he will be well rested and still is the biggest goal threat of their midfield. On the plus side the season has been over since the Newcastle game and they have had plenty of time to get mentally, and physically, prepared. It is a major factor Bayern playing at home, but Chelsea definitely will not be intimidated. I don't think there is any other club side in the world that could have come away from Barca with a draw in that game, pure mental steel. I think experience is important in this game for Chelsea, and they have players that have been there seen it and done it all over the park.

In terms of tactical analysis, Bosingwa and Cole are going to have to be very disciplined, well and Luiz for that matter, forward runs particularly in the early stages will be limited. Ribery and Robben down the wings is the main threat Bayern have and we have to assume they will be more on their game than they were at the weekend, both full backs can expect to receive cover from Kalou and Mata to help them out. Would like to think Muller will be a key player but his form has been pretty poor when compared to last season and I think it weakens Bayern not having Kroos in a more forward role.

Bayern will most likely dominate possession, they have plenty of good ball players in the centre of the park and will look to get Ribery and Robben on the ball as often as possible, keeping them quiet will dictate how much of the ball Gomez receives and so has to be seen as the main area where the game could be won and lost.
    Ribery has been the assist king this season but statistically performs much better with Lahm backing him up so may be one reason we see Lahm favoured on that side. Ribery and Robben also tend to be less involved when Kroos plays in a more defensive role so how well Muller plays and how well he uses the ball will be important.

I would be confident Chelsea could seriously distrupt the midfield pairing of Schweinsteiger and Kroos if Ramires was playing, his energy would have been crucial, Essien or Romeu need to be up to speed immediately. The fact that Essien played yesterday might mean Romeu will come in I don't think any of us will know that until the teams are announced, he might just be giving Essien game time.

As much as these are two teams who tend not to rely on individuals, Drogba needs to do everything he can up top to distrupt the Bayern defence. By that I mean everything people who support other clubs hate him for, dive, feign injury, waste time, like he did against Barca, I expect him to employ similar tactics in this game and will spend a fair amount of time on his arse. If you can get the Barcelona players moaning at you for diving around (the irony) then it won't be difficult against the Germans, his hold up play is the best Chelsea have to offer and he can get the rest of the midfield involved. Think this game suits Drogba down to the ground, but he needs to receive support quickly, Chelsea have had more than enough time to prepare for the game and the tactics should reflect this, getting through to half time at least level will give them more confidence and if Bayern start slow its not going to help them mentally at all.

That being said Chelsea won't be as defensive as they were in the Camp Nou, if Chelsea can get Mata on the ball and Lampard in advanced positions there is no reason why they can't score against a somewhat makeshift back four.
    Bayern have conceded at home against Napoli (2), Villarreal (1), Real Madrid (1) in their six CL home games this season, Chelsea have netted in all their away games in the CL so far and with this being a one off game I can see them scoring.

I expect most people will be thinking Bayern are most likely to win but their price is too short and Chelsea's is too big for a European final, my thinking is pretty much the same. Bayern have a lot of pressure on them and as we saw with Man City for much of the game yesterday, that is usually a hinderance, Chelsea will revel in the role of underdogs and if they can prevail in the areas noted above I don't see there being much between the two sides. Bayern have been inconsistent over much of 2012, and while they are favourites, Chelsea shouldn't be underestimated. It wouldn't surprise me to see this one go the distance and as such will be having small bets on both sides winning in ET and on pens.

Chelsea +1.0AH - 1.61 - Panbet - 10 Points

Both Teams to Score - 1.9 - Coral, Hills - 10 Points

Bayern Munich to win in ET - 12 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point
    Chelsea to win in ET - 15 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point
    Bayern Munich to win on pens - 13 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point
    Chelsea to win on pens - 13 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Chelsea defence problems are worrying, Terry and Ivanovich loss cannot be overstated imo. I wouldnt read too much in Bayerns drubbing at the weekend, im sure they had one eye on this match, just like Chelsea did when Liverpool scored 4 against them in the league match
    But Drogba anytime at 16/5 looks generous
    he about 9/4 elsewhere

De Dannan wrote: »
    Chelsea defence problems are worrying, Terry and Ivanovich loss cannot be overstated imo. I wouldnt read too much in Bayerns drubbing at the weekend, im sure they had one eye on this match, just like Chelsea did when Liverpool scored 4 against them in the league match
    But Drogba anytime at 16/5 looks generous
    he about 9/4 elsewhere

That comparison doesn't hold at all imo

Bayern played their best XI in a cup final on Saturday,Whereas Chelsea,A few days after winning a cup final travelled to the homeground of same side they beat days earlier and it was 'Pools last home game of the season also.

Got on anytime,The odds will surely fall.

Also Cech,Cole,Bosingwa,Lampard,Drogba and Mata didn't play in that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Drogba first scorer is an awesome bet imo. He's a man for the big occasions

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Lol, Rochedale Rovers in action tomorrow. Maybe one to watch out for in play.

Anyway, looking ahead to teams I like for tomorrow. I like the following - Nordsjælland, Almirante Brown, Karlsruher and *drumroll* Hellas Verona. Looks good on paper is all I'll say.

Nordsjælland @ 1/2
    Nordsjælland and Almirante Brown @ 5/2

bradlente wrote: »
    That comparison doesn't hold at all imo

If you dont think Chelsea will be weakened by losing Terry and Ivanovich from defense your deluded.
    Id be inteerested in the over/undermarket on this, although being a European cup final , could make it a cagey affair
    anyway, I agree Drogs is always good for anytime goals, great odds there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

For tonight:

Double
    Sheff Utd too win
    IFK Gothenborg v Malmo Over 1.5

Odds 2.25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Lads I have a bonus code for a 100% deposit bonus up to €100 on Bet 365. It runs out in next 12 days or so.
    I only bet on football and dont wana lodge €100 and bet just for the sake of it. Is there gona be much football on over the next few weeks before the euros worth betting on??

• Advertisement

De Dannan wrote: »
    If you dont think Chelsea will be weakened by losing Terry and Ivanovich from defense your deluded.

It's not as deluded as thinking that Cech,Cole,Bosingwa,Lampard,Mata and Drogba won't strengthen Chelsea.

Or that Bayern won't be weakened by Alaba,Gustavo and Badstuber missing at the back.

I'd rather not see chelsea win but I'm not going to let that bias affect betting logic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Lads I have a bonus code for a 100% deposit bonus up to €100 on Bet 365. It runs out in next 12 days or so.
    I only bet on football and dont wana lodge €100 and bet just for the sake of it. Is there gona be much football on over the next few weeks before the euros worth betting on??

Depends on what you consider a few weeks.

There is this small matter called Euro2012 coming up....

Still lots of football in South America and Scandinavia. But the "major" leagues are all finished now or very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

both teams to score in the chelsea-bayern game?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

markc91 wrote: »
    Got this from another Forum...

Bayern Munich to win in ET - 12 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point
    Chelsea to win in ET - 15 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point
    Bayern Munich to win on pens - 13 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point
    Chelsea to win on pens - 13 - Betvictor - 0.5 Point

Dutching all 4 combos is the same as backing the draw in 90 mins.

Dutching the 4 above combos with Victor Chandler is 2.29/1. Even substituting best odds would be just under 2.5/1

The draw however is 2.8/1 with Victor Chandler or Boyles.

Just in case anyone was thinking of doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 53,991 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can someone tell me who'll be missing for Bayern and chelsea in the CL final

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Chelsea – Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Ramires and Raul Meireles.
    Bayern Munich – Luiz Gustavo, David Alaba and Holger Badstuber.

Luiz is 50/50, Malouda is 50/50,

hmm so the back line will probably be

chelsea
    Bos-Cahill-Luiz-cole

bayern
    Lahm-Boateng-Buyten-Contento

Both defence really dodgy. Buyten hasnt played for ages because of injury and is usually dodgy as hell anyway. Drogba should destroy him tbh. But the thing about Buyten he is very dangerous at the corners etc and with no John Terry, Chelsea will find it very hard at the crosses

Could also use Rafinha and Tymoschuk

Could also use Rafinha and Tymoschuk

He plays in Lahm's position and Tymoschuk might be replace Alaba in cm

Have you ever seen Lahm on the other side to accomadate Rafinha?

Read an article last night that mentioned it as a possibilty, hardly thou?

• Advertisement

Have you ever seen Lahm on the other side to accomadate Rafinha?

Read an article last night that mentioned it as a possibilty, hardly thou?

I havent personally

Iv only ever see Lahm as RB

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Headshot wrote: »
    I havent personally

Iv only ever see Lahm as RB

Lahm is pretty comfortable on the left & I think this might happen with rafinha coming into the side. Lahm played lb for bayern from 2006 - 2009

I know he has played on the left, the question was "Have you ever seen Lahm on the other side to accomadate Rafinha"

Bayern will lineup the same way they did against Dortmund

lahm in the right and Contento on the left

Its lahm's best position

went for FC Nords at 1.80
    bet 365, match in play

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

€10 on sheff utd v Stevenage to be draw. 13/5 in Bambury's shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Just noticed that this L Williamson dude playing for Sheffield United may be worth a punt to score 1st/AT and maybe wincast. Since Ched Evans is gone this lad is the top goal scorer at the club with 13 goals 5 of them coming 1st. He also has scored 5 goals in his last 10. Now i dont know if he is suspended or injured maybe one of ye kind folks could have a look. What im thinking is:

First Goal Scorer @ 10/1
    Anytime Goal scorer @ 7/2
    And wincast @ 9/2

These odds seem fairly generous looking at his goal returns. Maybe someone knows more about Sheffield United or League 1 or just about the player. What ye all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    For tonight:

Double
    Sheff Utd too win
    IFK Gothenborg v Malmo Over 1.5

Odds 2.25

Already in before HT :)

Your move Sheffield!

FC Nordsjaelland v Odense BK

Under 2.5 @ 11/10

I usually never bet on unders before a match starts but I really like the odds on this

Odense look like a team that might have 11 men behind the ball if you look at their results. They dont tend to lose by many goals away from home
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/denmark/odense-boldklub/ They are fighting for survival so a draw later today would be brilliant for them

I called that well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I see the price on West Ham in the play off final is dropping.. Can still get it at evens. Anyone like the look of that. Can't say I've watched any Championship this year but West Ham won both this season's meetings (4-0 and 4-1 respectively)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I called that well

Nice one, followed you on that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement