Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Policy holder VS car owner???

Registered Users Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ se

Hi, i was wondering if there can be a policy holder, who is not a car owner nor car keeper nor main driver????because i am currently a car owner and keeper.. i want to get insured on a mate's policy.... (i cnt gt my own policy cz young and still a learner, it quite xpensv...)

Comments

se wrote: »
    Hi, i was wondering if there can be a policy holder, who is not a car owner nor car keeper nor main driver????because i am currently a car owner and keeper.. i want to get insured on a mate's policy.... (i cnt gt my own policy cz young and still a learner, it quite xpensv...)

In order to be a policy holder you will need to be the registered owner of the car also. You could be a named driver on your friends policy but you will need to advise the insurer if you are the main driver of that car. I hope this helps!

Thanx that helpd...

In order to be a policy holder you will need to be the registered owner of the car also. You could be a named driver on your friends policy but you will need to advise the insurer if you are the main driver of that car. I hope this helps!

Just wondering there. ( Sorry for jumping on this thread.
    But how much of a difference to the policy would this make by making the named driver the main driver?