Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.4 (now with the run-up to Christmas and BadGirl breaking it!)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

koth wrote: »
    :D

beers27234s.jpg

Now you just have to drink them all too! I'm allergic! :P

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Now you just have to drink them all too! I'm allergic! :P

how awful, I've to get drunk :eek::P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Morning all!

Any plans for today? I'm sitting here in college wishing I was at home in bed..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm sitting in work wishing the same!

Great minds think alike ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

hdowney wrote: »
    pah. i climbed out the bed and fired on trakkie bottoms to leggit to the shop for milk and butter (cos the new hot tank being installed today, so needed to go lickity split like) out the door, one leg in the car, take a gander up the road does i and spots the heuge q outside the dole. goes to meself 'why are they all q'in today'. takes out wallet and hunts for last slip, looks at bottom, notices it says next signing day is 06/03/12. asks meself what day today is. SHÍT. i normally go up around 9 to q so i am out there by half, if you wait the q is massive and you are there forever.

so i had to go and stand in the freezin cold for 45 min to q and sign, then go onto get the stuff. also I HATE to q in the dole q in trakkies, perpetuating all sorts of wrong assumptions about me. had i rememebered i'da been dressed nice.

I have to sign on tomorrow. I hate how they can be sorta snooty and dismissive with you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

jammstarr wrote: »
    I have to sign on tomorrow. I hate how they can be sorta snooty and dismissive with you :(

in our place it depends who you get. there is one girl who the way she acts, you would think it was HER money! if you ever need a form signing, like medical card, she be scruitinizing it, and 20 questions ya. also be like 'i already signed a form for ya' well yea but that was a different one ya .....

urgh.

my main problem was i forgot, noticed at the last min (we get a half hour signing window only :() and wasn't dressed for the occasion, no coat or pod standing in the freezing cold for ages. gah

in other news. HOT WATER.... well it is luke warm at the mo:o but it is heating up nicely in the new immersion. in suckishness related to that, the mothers bedroom floor is DESTROYED with water, and i now have piles of washing up to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Back from the second interview, can't really tell how it went...was told I'd get a phone call within a week letting me know whether I've gotten it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Back from the second interview, can't really tell how it went...was told I'd get a phone call within a week letting me know whether I've gotten it or not.
    Oooh hope it goes well for you! :)

I had my first lot of training today. Met my group and most of them seem lovely!
    If it all goes to plan, in 26 weeks I'll be a fully trained manager :D plus I found out that we get to pick the section we want to work in!
    Now roll on 10 til I get out of work :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

hey there people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Hi Wolfie

Hi Lairlings :)

Long day was long...... I need to hibernate for a while :(
    preferably til the beerssss :D

How's everyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I doing great

Where is everyone? I require entertaining! I have a cold nose :(

I'm here :D
    Dunno what i can do about your cold nose though??? :P

girl_friday,

Is your username related to the fella from Robinson Crusoe?
    Finally someone asks the question I wanted asked

Kind of! (And you should have asked Wolfie!!) It came from a joke that only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday... I got stuck for a username on another site about 8 years ago and the joke popped into my head; hence the name!
    Figured it was from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Girl_Friday
    ...or else I was told at some point :rolleyes:

I found out about that movie afterwards and I LOVE it!! :)

Either way it shows that she's cultured and clearly out of my league.
    She 20,000 leagues out of mine

Aww shucks you guys!! *blush* You know how to make a girl feel awesome! :D *hugs*

BadGirl wrote: »
    I'm here :D
    Dunno what i can do about your cold nose though??? :P

Erm... You able to bleed a boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

evening all

evening all

Hey PH! How are you? Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

all quiet here gf just out of a lovely bubly bath and have made my lunch for work tomorrow, hows you?

all quiet here gf just out of a lovely bubly bath and have made my lunch for work tomorrow, hows you?

I'm not too bad. Freezing cos I haven't had time to get the heating fixed! I really need an on-call handyman!

• Advertisement

Of COURSE i can bleed a boiler!!!! ;)

Where is everyone? I require entertaining! I have a cold nose :(
    I not very entertaining. Evening hopester

I not very entertaining. Evening hopester

Maybe not but you are very lovely! How are things with you? How is Pearl?

Oi KOTE!! Quit lurking and grace us with your presence! :)

Of COURSE i can bleed a boiler!!!! ;)

Come sort mine in that case! Will save you having to listen to me whinging about it!

Evening nocs :)

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Evening nocs :)

Evening!! I'm a woeful eejit btw! I only worked out who you were on twitter late last night! :o

Evening!! I'm a woeful eejit btw! I only worked out who you were on twitter late last night! :o

Haha! I can imagine you thinking "who's this random person talking to me" :D

Probably my fault for not saying where I was from :o

Come sort mine in that case! Will save you having to listen to me whinging about it!

Well, ummm, I might have to send himself instead...... ;)

• Advertisement

Well, ummm, I might have to send himself instead...... ;)

Even better! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement