Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,383 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Discodog wrote: »
    As a bit of a short arse myself most women want tall men or at very least taller than them :(

Well yeah i know that tall fellas are generally more popular, im not the tallest guy either but i have dated women in the past that were taller than me and it didnt bother them.

johnr1 wrote: »
    Ok, you didn't ask me, but I'll answer as if I believe you actually don't know.

If you read any discussion on dating anywhere, or have ever asked any of your female friends or sisters, you'd know that most, -not all, but
    most women prefer to date a guy taller than them or at least the same height.

Your right i didnt ask you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Your right i didnt ask you.

You asked a question on an open forum so there is no need for the snarky comments.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

if heights overshadows/outshines a personality and a good guy, then forget her, move on to the next one that appreciates you for who you are, simples :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

All my boyfriends were giants, but the last guy I dated wasn't tall and it didn't matter to me. I'm only 5ft 2 so most guys are taller than me anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Ok, you didn't ask me, but I'll answer as if I believe you actually don't know.

If you read any discussion on dating anywhere, or have ever asked any of your female friends or sisters, you'd know that most, -not all, but
    most women prefer to date a guy taller than them or at least the same height.

Chatting to a guy for a while - was aware of his height and worried about it, nearly afraid to meet him but met him last week and it was happy wow, date went brilliantly, height didnt bother me at all and 2 date lined up - so you never know till you meet someone :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I'm 5'10, and the whole setup suits me grand as I prefer women in the 5,1 to 5'6 bracket anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

JimBob777 wrote: »
    if heights overshadows/outshines a personality and a good guy, then forget her, move on to the next one that appreciates you for who you are, simples :)

I would be one of these ladies who prefers a taller guy as I'm 5'10 and a bit. But got talking to a nice fella, really clicked online and met up. He's handsome and funny and the small difference in height doesn't bother me. :o Although I haven't been out with him in heels yet! :pac:

I'm 5'10, and the whole setup suits me grand as I prefer women in the 5,1 to 5'6 bracket anyway. :D

I apologise for my earlier comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Maguined wrote: »
    Got a notification I received a new mail on OKC last night. I have been emailing back and forth with a girl but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere beyond conversation so I thought it would be another one from herself but it turned out it was from a different woman who said she loved my profile.

I check her profile and she is absolutely gorgeous.

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

But then I notice on her profile she is only looking for friends.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN3fSuqjBcrDlDxMZXM8OpXZzoTvjIirMF0FIXMfjo7PPx4dDqag

So it turned out she was indeed looking to see someone and corrected her profile from just only looking for friends. Arranged a date and she is even more attractive than her photos and I had great fun as she is also very nice and funny. For a while I started slipping into old bad habits of negative thinking "she is really good looking, why is she bother with me, she is out of my league etc etc" but managed to pull myself together throw that negative thinking aside and just acted my rambling, waffling and joking self.

She said yes to date 2. :cool:

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    I would be one of these ladies who prefers a taller guy as I'm 5'10 and a bit. But got talking to a nice fella, really clicked online and met up. He's handsome and funny and the small difference in height doesn't bother me. :o Although I haven't been out with him in heels yet! :pac:
    Delighted for ya Lar, a significant ex of mine was the same height as me, and she wouldn't wear proper heels out with me over it, even though I would have been more than grand with it. I actually think taller gals look better when they wear their heels and stand up straight rather than stooping to hide among their friends.
    I apologise for my earlier comment.

Not a bother, ordinarily I'd open up on you, but I'm in good form today as I've a date this evening, - I'll come back and tell the story if it goes well. Tommy Bowes try is helping with the humor too.

Good going Mags! :D And defo get any negative thoughts outta your head. It'll be your downfall in the end, nothing else. She finds you attractive and good company, deal with it! :pac:
    Delighted for ya Lar, a significant ex of mine was the same height as me, and she wouldn't wear proper heels out with me over it, even though I would have been more than grand with it. I actually think taller gals look better when they wear their heels and stand up straight rather than stooping to hide among their friends.

Not a bother, ordinarily I'd open up on you, but I'm in good form today as I've a date this evening, - I'll come back and tell the story if it goes well. Tommy Bowes try is helping with the humor too.

Well its early days yet John!

I would like to wear heels more, but hearing conversations gets harder when you are way up in the sky. :pac:

Online date or Real Life Meet date? Have fun and details after. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think I'm close to giving up. I mailed a few more girls on POF this morning taking my total to nearly 30 in the last week and I've had zero replies. Doesn't exactly reflect well on a gentleman...

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Haven't got a pic from said girl yet and she says she comes in and out of the site so possibly mightn't be online for ages again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is surprising how many girls, who are under 5'3'', that will specify that they want to meet a 6ft guy. Yes a nice personality can outweigh factors like height but not if it prevents any initial contact.
    Larianne wrote: »
    I would be one of these ladies who prefers a taller guy as I'm 5'10 and a bit.

So a slow dance with you wearing your heels would be .........blinding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Date 5 Friday night.

Have proposal planned out! :pac:

It is surprising how many girls, who are under 5'3'', that will specify that they want to meet a 6ft guy. Yes a nice personality can outweigh factors like height but not if it prevents any initial contact.

My buddy is 6'6 broad to match, and his gf is 4'9 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I blame Randy Newman for all this looking down on us shorties.

So a slow dance with you wearing your heels would be .........blinding :D

Not really, no. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

I'm thinking of adopting the Larianne strategy (and if your dates are going so well shouldn't you be bowing out of here?;)) of not putting a pic up and initiating contact with the girls whose profiles I like. Might not be so effective with a guy doing it but I would include pics in the personal mail to them.

Sounds a bit wussy I know but I'm just not fully comfortable having my pic on a dating site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I'm thinking of adopting the Larianne strategy (and if your dates are going so well shouldn't you be bowing out of here?;)) of not putting a pic up and initiating contact with the girls whose profiles I like. Might not be so effective with a guy doing it but I would include pics in the personal mail to them.

Sounds a bit wussy I know but I'm just not fully comfortable having my pic on a dating site.

Just include some pics of your beet farm and watch the girls flock to you

Unless cousin Mose scares them away.

No, not yet. Only been on two dates (bad timing at the mo for meeting up :( ).

I don't see any harm in you doing it that way if you're not comfortable with sticking a picture up. But you may have the ladies asking why you don't have a picture up.

Yeah, I know realistically I'm cutting off more or less any chance of a girl initiating contact (unless my profile is suitably witty and wondrous and even then...unlikely I imagine) but listening to all the hard-luck stories here, this seems to be (in the main) a given, regardless if a fella has pics up or not. Like I said, I would include pics once I started messaging girls that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

Well Ive signed up to POF - let the fun begin!

Im going with Larianne's method too. I had literally only signed up a few mins and didnt even get a chance to put my profile on private and I had 12 messages and 3 meet-ups! That's too crazy for me! Just trying to compile a few messages now, it's harder than I thought! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well I got a message!..from a girl living in Canada.:mad:
    Always nice to know that if I were to ever visit Canada my sense of humour would go down well with the locals I guess.

I'm thinking of adopting the Larianne strategy .
    Well Ive signed up to POF - let the fun begin!

Im going with Larianne's method too.

Jeez, what have I started!! There will be no-one left on these sites!! :pac:

Busy Lizzie, I would write a mail like I was chatting to someone for the first time. So its not like a structured message if that makes any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

Busy Lizzie, I would write a mail like I was chatting to someone for the first time. So its not like a structured message if that makes any sense?

Thanks for the tip! Do you mean, dont list off stuff like hobbies etc? I sent a few there and I just mentioned a couple of things from there profiles. It's a bit weird emailing strangers! But hopefully one of them wont be a stranger for much longer! :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement