Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sarky wrote: »
    He's backed up those claims multiple times here, so "prejudice" isn't at all applicable. You know this. You're lying again.
    I think JC belongs to the "once saved always saved" school of christianty, therefore his constant lying will not effect his chances of heaven, though, obviously, the fact it doesn't exist might...

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

MrPudding wrote: »
    I have one question. Will you be there?

MrP
    ... and I have one answer ... Yes!!!

J C wrote: »
    ... and I have one answer ... Yes!!!
    I'll skip it then so.

MrP

He's backed up those claims multiple times here, so "prejudice" isn't at all applicable.
    None of you have backed up any claims about Evolution ... but that is just an academic issue.

However, when people start making unfounded deeply sectarian anti-christian comments publicly, I would caution them to desist.

Such comments do nobody any good ... least of all, for the persons making them.

I'll skip it then so.

MrP
    Fair enough ...
    That would seem to be 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.
    ... but its your nose and your face ... and your eternal destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Are you even looking at posts before typing? I was talking about the evidence backing up the claims that your heroes are despicable frauds and criminals.

Of course there's plenty of evidence for evolution here too, but you're either doing your level best to ignore or cower from it, or what you think evolution is differs from what everyone else knows it to be. Neither option paints you in a good light.

Stop lying, J C. Just for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

However, when people start making unfounded deeply sectarian anti-christian comments publicly, I would caution them to desist.

Or, what? You'll forgive them?

Of course I'll forgive them ... for they know not what they do.

... or what they are talking about!!!:(

Sectarian comments do nobody any good ... least of all, the persons making them.

You should respect all people ... especially those with whom you disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The 'fittest' have basic manners, treat others as they would like to be treated themselves, don't resort to name-calling or disrespecting other people ... and only believe what is either logically consistent or objectively true.

This avoids getting into fights that could kill them ... qualifies them hold the best jobs in society ... makes it more likely that they will meet and marry spouses of the highest moral calibre, like themselves ... and this greatly increases the chance of living happily into old age surrounded by an adoring spouse, a large healthy successful family and a respectful community.

The alternative is to be a cranky, ill-mannered brat when they are young ... and, if they survive that far ... a lonely contankerous old person blaming everyone, but themselves, for their misery ... and lack of reproductive and financial success!!

... and that is to say nothing about the magnificent eternal reward that awaits those who love and respect God ... and their neighbour.

A lot of talk about money and success. Is there any room for looking out for those less well off, or are they just common scum? These seem to be very conservative views. Apparently the best people have money. We all know the 'financial success' of the TD's and bankers who ruined this country. They are the 'fittest', but they are also sociopaths. But I don't want to get into politics.

The 'fittest' are usually selfish, ignorant, insincere loners. Family and friends don't matter, only money and success.

Why worry about financial success when eternity in paradise awaits? Sell all your possessions.

Matthew 19:21
    Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Of course I'll forgive them ... for they know not what they do.

... or what they are talking about!!!:(

Sectarian comments do nobody any good ... least of all, the persons making them.

You should respect all people ... especially those with whom you disagree.
    Ah I see. You making fun of evolution is fine, yet us making fun of creationism is horrible and sectarian. Good ol' christian logic.
    And let me be totally clear here. I dont have any issue with people having religion, or being taught about religious beliefs. I do however have an issue with fools like dembski and yourself who misrepresent science to others. Keep religion to religion classes and science to science classes is basically what im saying. Do classes in science and evolution state that there is no god? Of course not. There would be an uproar. My evolution textbook made a point of stating that studying evolution does not have to contradict religion. Yet you expect people to be ok with you teaching religion as science?

• Advertisement

A lot of talk about money and success. Is there any room for looking out for those less well off, or are they just common scum?
    I have no love for money ... but it is necessary to have it to pay your debts ... and it is a fact that in order to help people less well-off than yourself ... you need to have money or time to do so.
    These seem to be very conservative views. Apparently the best people have money. We all know the 'financial success' of the TD's and bankers who ruined this country. They are the 'fittest', but they are also sociopaths. But I don't want to get into politics.

The 'fittest' are usually selfish, ignorant, insincere loners. Family and friends don't matter, only money and success.
    That certainly wouldn't be my definition of 'fittest' or 'success' ... but it is increasingly the case, for many people who have turned their back on God and neighbour to 'paddle their own selfish canoe'.
    Why worry about financial success when eternity in paradise awaits? Sell all your possessions.

Matthew 19:21
    You certainly can't bring money with you when you die ... but while you are alive it's important to have it ... and to use it responsibly.
    ... and it's important to put your quoted Bible verse in context

Mt 19 16-22
    And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
    21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
    22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Here was a young man who thought that he could 'earn' his way into Heaven through his own abilities and good works. He thought of himself as a 'paragon of virtue' who was perfect in his own eyes.
    ... and Jesus showed him that he had at least one weakness ... his attachment to his great worldly possessions.
    ... and therefore the only way he could actually be Saved ... is by God's mercy - and not by any merit on his part.
    ... and his pride seems to have stopped him accepting this reality.

God blesses His people with everything they need ... including success in this world ... and eternal bliss in the next:-

Mt 6:31-33
    Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Ah I see. You making fun of evolution is fine, yet us making fun of creationism is horrible and sectarian. Good ol' christian logic.
    I don't make prejudicial personal remarks about people nor do I disrespect them by name-calling ... but I certainly question their ideas.
    ... and the reason the M2M Evolution is funny is because it is so illogical and evidentially challenged ... that it's a joke.:)

And let me be totally clear here. I dont have any issue with people having religion, or being taught about religious beliefs.
    ... and I have no problem with people believing in M2M Evolution ... and I don't call them 'fools' ... or 'thugs' ... or 'retarded' ... or 'liars' for doing so.
    I respect them all for the intelligent people that they obviously are ... and I respect their right to be wrong about M2M Evolution ... and any other issue that takes their fancy.
    I do however have an issue with fools like dembski and yourself who misrepresent science to others.
    Dr Dembski is no fool ... and he isn't misrepresenting science ... he is using the scientific method to evaluate the genetic CFSI present in living organisms ... and many other things.

Keep religion to religion classes and science to science classes is basically what im saying.
    You may feel like that ... but in America ... there are no religion classes in public school ... and its wall to wall evolution as the 'origins story' in science class.
    Do classes in science and evolution state that there is no god?
    When Evolutionists claim to explain the 'origins' of Mankind (even though M2M Evolution doesn't) they are in Theological territory as well as scientific territory.
    M2M Evolution claims to explain how Humans supposedly evolved from microbes over millions of years by purely materialistic processes ... thereby effectively eliminating God from the equation ... so they should expect to get challenged on this by any self-respecting Mono-theist.
    Of course not. There would be an uproar. My evolution textbook made a point of stating that studying evolution does not have to contradict religion.
    ... all the better to keep cultural Christians asleep while you invade their childrens minds with practical Atheism.

Yet you expect people to be ok with you teaching religion as science?
    People seem to be OK with teaching the Evolution Religion as science ... so why not have some real origins science taught as well ... Creation Science!!:)

You make personal attacks all the time, you liar.

I don't engage in personalised name-calling of people who can't defend themselves ... or disrespecting people.

I have no difficulty in calling somebody to order, when their behaviour is out of line with basic manners and civil inter-personal relations.

Slightly truer, but still a lie. You're on the right path though, keep trying.

Slightly truer, but still a lie. You're on the right path though, keep trying.
    You seem to think that by repeatedly calling me a liar ... even when there is no evidence for your baseless and outrageous allegation ... that people will believe that I am a liar.

You seem to be operating on the premise that if you throw enough mud often enough that some of it will stick.
    ... but people aren't fools ... and they can spot your 'carry on' a mile away.

... in fact, your lying about me lying ... is actually showing that you are the liar ... and everybody with an ounce of 'cop on' won't believe a word you say ... because of your repeated and blatant lying about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

J C, every second post of yours has been disingenuous. Sarky isn't the first person to notice it. Everytime you say that there is no evidence for Evolution, you are lying.

dlofnep wrote: »
    J C, every second post of yours has been disingenuous. Sarky isn't the first person to notice it. Everytime you say that there is no evidence for Evolution, you are lying.
    There is no evidence for M2M Evolution ... and the proof that I'm not lying about this is that you guys haven't provided any evidence.

... ye just repeatedly respond with a baseless allegation of lying ... but still no evidence for M2M Evolution.

There is no evidence for M2M Evolution ... and the proof that I'm not lying about this is that you guys haven't provided any evidence.

... ye just repeatedly respond with a baseless allegation of lying ... but still no evidence for M2M Evolution.

There is no such term called M2M Evolution. Please stop making up terms on the fly. The term is Evolution. Please use it. And yes, there is mountains of evidence for Evolution. If you do not agree, then you are lying or ignorant. But please inform us which it is. Thank you.

Every second post? You're too generous. He lies far more than that.

• Advertisement

Links please ... you are the liar ... lying about me.:(

I don't engage in personalised name-calling of people who can't defend themselves ... or disrespecting people.
    Every time you post something you have been corrected on before, you disrespect someone. Everytime you ignore a question, you disrespect someone. Everytime you use the term m2m, which you have been told is inaccurate, you disrespect someone. Everytime you lie, you disrespect someone. Everytime you deny you have been told something before, you disrespect someone.
    You seem to think that by repeatedly calling me a liar ... even when there is no evidence for your baseless and outrageous allegation ... that people will believe that I am a liar.
    Let's analyse your cute little story about the bully at school.

This was apparently at a time when you where an evil evolutionist and not yet saved. I can't recall exactly what you have said in the past about that particular period, but I believe you have said you were not an proper christian, perhaps someone else can remember better. Anyway, the point is you weren't saved, you weren't a great christian, according to what you have previously told us.

This raises an interesting point, which another poster has already raised. You told us that using a combination of your devastating good looks and your witness to our lord and saviour Jesus Christ, you, presumably David in this story, were able to defeat the bad guy, Goliath I presume...? See, this does not fit with what you have previously said. The type of christian that you said you were at this time does not challenge people on the basis on personal beliefs in Jesus. So you are lying about something here. Either you are lying about this incident or you are lying about your history as a christian. Which is it?

We also have you comment about the holy spirit telling you, personally, that he had a place set aside, specifically for Robin. I have already asked you this, but did, as you said, the holy spirit in a personal conversation with you tell you that it had a place specifically for Robin? If not you are lying again.
    You seem to be operating on the premise that if you throw enough mud often enough that some of it will stick.
    ... but people aren't fools ... and they can spot your 'carry on' a mile away.
    Yes JC, people aren't fools. You would do well to remember that.
    ... in fact, your lying about me lying ... is actually showing that you are the liar ... and everybody with an ounce of 'cop on' won't believe a word you say ... because of your repeated and blatant lying about me.
    JC, you lie constantly.

MrP

Every second post? You're too generous. He lies far more than that.
    Proof please ... you are the liar ... lying about me.:(

Every time you post something you have been corrected on before, you disrespect someone.
    You guys also do this all the time ... and its not disrespect ... in my case, its defending the truth.
    Everytime you ignore a question, you disrespect someone. Everytime you use the term m2m, which you have been told is inaccurate, you disrespect someone.
    None of this is disrespect ... its just presenting the truth ... and you guys have no lie capable of disproving it ... so you resort to lying about me!!!:(

Everytime you lie, you disrespect someone. Everytime you deny you have been told something before, you disrespect someone.
    I don't lie ... and I don't deny I have been told anything that I have been told before. When it comes to evidence for M2M Evolution ... it has never been presented, despite all the 'huffing and puffing' about 'mountains of evidence' ... it's just left hanging there as an empty assertion by you guys.
    Let's analyse your cute little story about the bully at school.

This was apparently at a time when you where an evil evolutionist and not yet saved.
    It was a time when I was an Evolutionist and a cultural unSaved Christian.
    I can't recall exactly what you have said in the past about that particular period, but I believe you have said you were not an proper christian, perhaps someone else can remember better. Anyway, the point is you weren't saved, you weren't a great christian, according to what you have previously told us.

This raises an interesting point, which another poster has already raised. You told us that using a combination of your devastating good looks and your witness to our lord and saviour Jesus Christ, you, presumably David in this story, were able to defeat the bad guy, Goliath I presume...? See, this does not fit with what you have previously said. The type of christian that you said you were at this time does not challenge people on the basis on personal beliefs in Jesus.
    I don't think it was my God-given good looks that persuaded him to stop bullying people ... although they did help in securing the admiration of the girls ... and they still cause women to blush ... when they meet me.:cool:
    I find that bullys are generally people trying to compensate for low levels of self-esteem ... and this guy was no different. He never picked on me ... indeed he always respected me. I was 6' 4" and well able to physically and verbally defend myself ... so I guess this 5' nothing guy really liked me ... and that is why he listened to what I had to say.:D:)
    I challenged him on many levels ... including his supposed membership of a Christian Church ... he was also a cultural Christian !!!
    Most Christians are unSaved ... and many churches don't even recognise the concept ... but speaking about Jesus Christ isn't anathama to them. They also can recognise unjust and immoral behaviour, like bullying, when they see it.

So you are lying about something here. Either you are lying about this incident or you are lying about your history as a christian. Which is it?
    I'm not lying about anything ... you're the one drawing on your imagination about what cultural Christians do and don't do!!

We also have you comment about the holy spirit telling you, personally, that he had a place set aside, specifically for Robin. I have already asked you this, but did, as you said, the holy spirit in a personal conversation with you tell you that it had a place specifically for Robin? If not you are lying again.
    There is a place set aside in Heaven for Robin ... but he will need to accept it by believing on Jesus Christ ... and if he doesn't ... then it will remain forever vacant!!!
    As a Saved Christian I'm indwelt by the Holy Spirit ... and He inspires and informs me in a seamless fashion. It is the polar opposite of being possessed by a demon ... the main differences are the The Holy Spirit inspires and advises and is pure goodness ... while a demon takes possession of your personality and is pure evil.

Yes JC, people aren't fools. You would do well to remember that.
    I do ... and that is why I treat everybody with respect. That is why I don't call you guys fools, morons, or retarded ... while ye routinely use these insults against me and my fellow Creation Scientists ... and I only call you liars ... when ye are patently lying about me being a liar.

JC, you lie constantly.
    Proof please ... you're the one lying about me ... please stop before you lose all credibility
    MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

JC pretends to be a Christian when he isn't so he can troll the religious forums. That seems the biggest deception.

But trollface will troll I guess. :rolleyes:

J C, stop acting like a 7 year old. My nephew conducts himself with more maturity than you.

dlofnep wrote: »
    J C, stop acting like a 7 year old. My nephew conducts himself with more maturity than you.
    You could learn a lot from you nephew, then!!!:)

My point proved.

Zombrex wrote: »
    JC pretends to be a Christian when he isn't so he can troll the religious forums. That seems the biggest deception.
    An interesting admission that the A & A is part of the 'religious forums'.
    ... and please explain why you think that I'm pretending to be a Christian ... when I'm the real deal.

• Advertisement

An insult straight after you swore blind that you didn't do that sort of thing. You're hopelessly bad at this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement