Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Open 2012: Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,911 ✭✭✭✭walshb

jcf wrote: »
    I play at a USTA 5.0 level.

That makes your comments even worse than a 15 year old Junior Certer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

RosyLily wrote: »

Not sure if I'm gonna watch the women's final. 8am in the morning listening to 2 screechers? Ouch!:eek:

The battle of the boring Banshees ,best watched with the sound muted and perhaps the eyes closed if I am honest.

Surface Homogenization
    Interesting and honest comments by Federer after his match today
    Anyway, every surface is very similar today, otherwise we couldn't have achieved all these things on all these different surfaces so quickly, like him (Nadal) and myself.
    It's quite clear that the current surface speeds are snail-like compared to even Fed's domination era (2004-07)
    Now we are watching who makes the first mistake , if the play was faster, we'd be watching who makes the winning shot.
    I would really like if the surfaces went back to what they were like in the past.
    Clay which is slow,grass and carpet which are fast and hard-court which could be slow and fast.
    Then we will see how all the players will adapt to different court surfaces.
    Too many 4 hour plus slugfests nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Poor Fed, as is mostly the case when he plays against Nadal, his unforced errors always sink him.

CountryJoe wrote: »
    Poor Fed, as is mostly the case when he plays against Nadal, his unforced errors always sink him.

Watching the highlights again it was a very tight match.
    Fed could have won the fourth set ,Nadal made some outrageous gets and was poxed to hold serve at 4-3 down in that set.
    3/10 break points for Federer ,thats the primary stat that always lets him down.
    He just cant seem to win the crucial points against Nadal .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Agree, it was a very tight match. Both players made some amazing shots and some awful mistakes. Federer played great in the first set then seemed to lose concentration and let Nadal in. Excellent match though!

Someone had it right on Twitter: "Roger Federer has a Rafa Nadal problem & Rafa has a Novak Djokovic problem."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

walshb wrote: »
    That makes your comments even worse than a 15 year old Junior Certer'.

Eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

jcf wrote: »
    Eh ?

I think he is saying that as You are an Adult who plays competitive sport, why are acting like a 15 year old child. I feel sorry for the opponents that have to play you in tennis . Are they all cheaters if they beat you?

Stella89 wrote: »
    I think he is saying that as You are an Adult who plays competitive sport, why are acting like a 15 year old child. I feel sorry for the opponents that have to play you in tennis . Are they all cheaters if they beat you?

No actually, I like getting beat - it's good practice , I rather get beat by a guy and get a good game then win 6-4 6-4 playing like a pusher.

And seriously , have you not seen Nadal over the last few GS tournaments claiming injury, claiming fitness problems ?? - maybe he does it to lesses the pressure for himself , i don't know - but he's clearly exagerrating his "injuries"

Murray is really up against it here, 5-2 down.

• Advertisement

1st set Nole, good he is the only one who can take the Nadal down ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Murrary playing bad here. Djok to take over and win comfortably now i think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Murray really upped his game there in the latter part of that second set. 1 set each now and Murray has just gone favourite.

Done deal for Nadal if Murray wins this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

come on andy, great chance to make it 2-1 :)

andy biggest threat is himself in this game. 6-6 in the 3rd set. tiebreak now...

2-1 in sets to murray , he wants to win this the hard way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Djokovic just blew him away in that set.

2-2, should be a cracker of a last set.

BBC live scores wanna' get their act together. They are two games behind paddy power. Murray unable to close the show. C'mon Novak. Seal this and give us a final that will be competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Watching the highlights again it was a very tight match.
    Fed could have won the fourth set ,Nadal made some outrageous gets and was poxed to hold serve at 4-3 down in that set.
    3/10 break points for Federer ,thats the primary stat that always lets him down.
    He just cant seem to win the crucial points against Nadal .

Agreed, it was a tight match, but Fed had 63 unforced errors which helped Nadal out quite a bit. It was a great match though.

2 sets all now between Djokovic and Murray. Is the momentum with Novak after taking the fourth set 6-1. Im still hoping for Murray!

• Advertisement

Crucial misses is Fed's problem. Unforced error count is far too high. He is handing games away from unforced errors being far too high.

63 points he gave away compared to Nadal, who gave away 36 was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

No one commenting on Novak's pill-popping? Did the same last year at the US. Found 'new' energy against Nadal in that final and seems to have found 'new' energy again today after looking out on his feet in the second.

walshb wrote: »
    BBC live scores wanna' get their act together. They are two games behind paddy power. Murray unable to close the show. C'mon Novak. Seal this and give us a final that will be competitive.

in fairness they have the text commentery too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

velo.2010 wrote: »
    No one commenting on Novak's pill-popping? Did the same last year at the US. Found 'new' energy against Nadal in that final and seems to have found 'new' energy again today after looking out on his feet in the second.

There is no problem in popping pills during games once the pills are legal, muarry was having drops added to his water also(which is still ok).

One can pop what they want as long as it's legal I would imagine. They eat bananas, don't they? Pills, bananas, if all leagal, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

IMO medication on court for stress/fatigue should be banned. Novak claimed they were 'pain pills' last year. He popped one at the medical time-out and came out a new man. Looked fresh as a daisy at the end compared to Nadal. It may be legal but it slightly stinks.

Well, the ATP need to make it clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live

I'm only listening and I'm exhausted!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Epic Match.
    Fair play to Murray. Really mature performance.
    Hope Nole has enough in the tank for Nadal after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Game over, Murray looses.................again! Will he ever win a GS ??!!

Advertisement