Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were God...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    1/ Abolish religion
    2/ All elements would come at the right times of the year eg. winter snow/summer sun etc.

3/ Abolish greed.

4/ Grant humans the ability to fly

5/ Grant the ability to communicate with animals

6/ One language for all

see this is the thing with threads like these. yes whatever abolish religion but here you have a dilemma. You are God, therfore you created the universe and everything.

so science would eventually point to the fact that they were stumpped and had no idea how some of the universe was formed or works. therfore you have left the void for religion to exist.

Surely a better number one would be everyone believes the same religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Biggins wrote: »
    Make humans more aware that there is ALWAYS consequences to their actions and emotional ones to boot also!

Maybe making humans aware is the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

danniemcq wrote: »
    see this is the thing with threads like these. yes whatever abolish religion but here you have a dilemma. You are God, therfore you created the universe and everything.

so science would eventually point to the fact that they were stumpped and had no idea how some of the universe was formed or works. therfore you have left the void for religion to exist.

God and religion are not the same thing. Sadly, too many people who believe in religion don't actually act like they claim their God wants them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Its hard to imagine really, I can only express this through song, do do do do do #piano#

If I were God
    I think I could understand
    How it feels to love Mary
    I swear I'd be a better God

If I were a God
    I would turn off my phone
    Tell everyone it's broken
    So they'd think that I was sleeping alone

I'd put myself first
    And make the rules as I go
    'Cause I know that they'd be faithful
    Waiting for me to come home, to come home

Yeeeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

God and religion are not the same thing. Sadly, too many people who believe in religion don't actually act like they claim their God wants them too.

Religion is God's worst enemy and in some thought processes is considered the Devil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

danniemcq wrote: »

Not really, by providing proof that you exist, you can eliminate the need for most of the fairytale ****e that religion has conjured up so far. You also the eliminate the many negative and exploitative aspects that many religions bring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I would strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'd make people have luminescent skin that could glow all the different colours of the visible spectrum. This would serve several important functions.

1. It would make raves fucking awseome!

2. Whenever anyone lied it would flash blue on and off like a police siren. This would solve many many societal problems. Imagine election races for example. Dishonesty, to oneself and to others, is a cause or contributor to a great deal of human suffering I feel.

3. Whenever two people fancied each other their skin would light up in matching patterns of light. This would cut out on a huge amount of messing about in a couple of ways. 1. In a club or bar or at a party or just sitting on a bus there would be none of this "oh I think they like them but don't know if they like me and I don't want to get shot down" crap that some people seem to go through (you've all seen the threads that come up on here from time to time). 2. Your friend would introduce you to his gf for the first time and you and her would light up. A bit awkward at first maybe but any awkwardness would pass quickly. It would all be out in the open, you see. You'd turn to your friend and go "well, as you can see dude, I think your a very lucky man", and he'd say thanks and that'd be that. There'd be none of this insecurity you get with people nowadays.

4. I guess it could be used as a kick ass defense mechanism. So if you were in danger you could strobe really brightly to dazzle and temporarily blind your attacker.

So yeah.... ehhh, glow skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I would disinvent cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

strobe wrote: »

2. Whenever anyone lied it would flash blue on and off like a police siren. This would solve many many societal problems. Imagine election races for example. Dishonesty, to oneself and to others, is a cause or contributor to a great deal of human suffering I feel.

Hmmm. Major flaw there.

"Would you love me even if I got fat?"

"Of course"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

// suffering created.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

to put it in gaming terms, reverse friendly fire.
    or a biblical twist, What you do unto others is done unto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

Get rid of cats off this earth?? Then you may as well say dogs too coz some of them can be nasty animals. I love cats nice gentle loving ones and dogs too and all animals, Harmless creatures, leave them here they can bring us so much joy and comfort.
    If i we're GOD, jesus it's simple i'd cut out all badness from every human being and their would only be total kindness and consideration to everyone and everything on this earth. What a lovely happy peacefull world it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Very tough question. Every time I come up with a 'cure' I get the feeling it will have unpredictable consequences that might be worse than the disease.

Damn you Later10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Dubchild wrote: »
    If i we're GOD, jesus it's simple i'd cut out all badness from every human being and their would only be total kindness and consideration to everyone and everything on this earth. What a lovely happy peacefull world it would be.

It sounds incredibly boring though.

Think of all the great music, literature and other art born of hardship and suffering.

Boring it might be a bit but very nice i think. We can speak of hardship and suffering and the past and write songs but no meaness done to eacher other or animals. Can you imagine what a contented life we would all have. No bitching, no back stabbing, no violence, no hate, no one judging anyone or anything wrongly. You could know for sure you could trust everyones intentions. I would be a very happy fish is a pond of liquid gold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Envy.

There's nothing more ugly than that.The root of all mankind's problems.

TRUE ... Jealousy and envy a horrible disease if you have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Greed, I think if we weren't greedy almost every crime,war,adultery,etc wouldn't happen.

Adultery is a crime? :confused:

If I was a vengeful, old testament style deity; I'd smite all the believers and then smite myself for good measure.

Adultery.. :D don't go there, i wouldn't it has jealousy in it, envy, greed, hate, Love also but will probably end up in alot of grief :pac:

• Advertisement

If I was a non-existent deity, I'd make adultery compulsory

As long as it could be ALL love and peace and no war. Still wouldn't work tho coz there would be kids popping out of every bush and none of them would know who where or what they belonged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭eversmann

I'd impregnate a virgin with myself and sit back and watch the ensuing 2000+ years of religiously driven turmoil and laugh my beardy bollix off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

if i was God.. i'd slaughter the lot of ye and feed ye to the pigs...for they shall inherit the earth.

Oh jesus mary and joseph :D i think ur on the wrong track get back in line and behave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Nevore wrote: »
    Remove their capacity for free will.

Indeed. I don't like how we can't make whomever we want fall in love with us, despite sending them volumes of naked pics :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

WindSock wrote: »
    Indeed. I don't like how we can't make whomever we want fall in love with us, despite sending them volumes of naked pics :(
    and hanging round outside their bedroom windows.
    Bitches.

If i were God there would be no bitches, everyone would have someone to love and look after and they would love and look after you and if you wanted a change and agreeable by both you would leave as friends and find another to treat you very well and on and on like that if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'd replace 'Hello' with people blasting each other with piss and then make a video of everyone doing it.

Put everything back to normal, erase everyones memories.

Then send the video to half the population, sit back and watch the fireworks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I'd replace 'Hello' with people blasting each other with piss and then make a video of everyone doing it.

Put everything back to normal, erase everyones memories.

Then send the video to half the population, sit back and watch the fireworks.

if i were God i'd blast you with piss... i'd make ya think you were living in a giant brazillian urinal :D

Advertisement