Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW REPORTS ONLY - December 4 - 6th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Russian Spy

I think its due "The day after tomorrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Russian Spy

allanb49 wrote: »
    Let us know straight away if this changes,

Leixlip - clearish clouds

I think its due the "Day after tomorrow" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

whats with the spoiler, it was earlier this morning over near slane, very very light shower. in fact it was'nt even worth posting about.

Being sort of thick could someone please explain what those 'spoilers' actually are? I have seen them being used quite a bit on the forum over the last few days but I haven't a clue what they mean! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Being sort of thick could someone please explain what those 'spoilers' actually are? I have seen them being used quite a bit on the forum over the last few days but I haven't a clue what they mean! :o

They are just hiding some text, highlight the grey bit with your mouse and you will be able to see text. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Used mostly on the TV/Films boards to hide key plot points that might spoil the story for someone who isn't aware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

If you drag your mosue icon over them you will see a word,sentence, image etc that has been blacked out by the poster because they think some people might not want that information disclosed. For example, if you did not want to know the result of last night's Premier League game between Liverpool and Fulham, I could do
    1-0 to Fulham

The problem is that people tend to use the spoiler for no apparent reason. For example, I love when it
    snows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    If you drag your mosue icon over them you will see a word,sentence, image etc that has been blacked out by the poster because they think some people might not want that information disclosed. For example, if you did not want to know the result of last night's Premier League game between Liverpool and Fulham, I could do
    1-0 to Fulham

The problem is that people tend to use the spoiler for no apparent reason. For example, I love when it
    snows
    Thanks guys!!

Feeling more with it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Close this thread
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chezawolf

On sunday 4th dec there was snow in glencree, when to rec centre for lunch (it was closed) but there was snow, didnt stick as it was to wet but heres hoping that 1000's of people havent wasted 1000's of euros on snow gear!

Waiting for the delluge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

At 2 am last night i saw a beefy enough looking shower making its way towards DUblin.
    2 -3 it was actually keeping its strength! , then it got into leinster a died off dramatically :(
    BUt ye i kept my hopes! ...... 3.40 came......... and it was rain / ice pellets , very odd , not sleet really . But ye, very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I even dug out my big telescope and I could still not find any snow to report. I'm gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

A little sleet in Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes:

Was surprised to see around 0.5 to 1 inch of snow still on the ground in County Monaghan yesterday, mainly around Carrickmacross. Small patches were also still on the ground in sheltered spots in Monaghan Town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

V_Moth wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes:

Was surprised to see around 0.5 to 1 inch of snow still on the ground in County Monaghan yesterday, mainly around Carrickmacross. Small patches were also still on the ground in sheltered spots in Monaghan Town.

Yes the same situation in sheltered parts around Cavan town this morning, I was on my way to Enniskillen afterwards around 1 today the rain had turned to sleet and then to big flakes of heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

nice bit of snow this morning between Kildare and Laois, especially around Stradbally......White Christmas here we come!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

snow in carrickmines about now !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Sleeting in Killiney

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Woo hoo! Snow in Ballymount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Huh, appears to be snowing a bit in Swords too, or sleeting at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Snowing in Kilmacanouge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

snow like a mofo in D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Snow in Dublin CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, pretty heavy in D15, big flakes but not going to hang around, too wet this morning from last nights flurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I guess its snowing in Dublin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

SNOWING IN D14!!!!! :D:D:D

Temp : 3.0C
    DP : -3.0C

Dan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sleet in Cork City at about 7:45 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Big fluffy snowflakes coming down in blustery winds now in D5. Temp is 2.5C , Dew point of 1C and wet ground. Not a chance of it sticking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Anyone got the pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Mixture of snow and sleet here in Swords. One minutes its big fluffly snowflakes, next its mushy sleet. Shame it wont stick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Nice little snow shower in Kilmainham at the moment but it ain't sticking as it's too damp....the Dublin Mountains look nice all dressed in white.

Can i ask why people are posting in this thread as it is for snow reports between the 4th and the 6th of December!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement