Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BenThere wrote: »
    Link please???

Ben

This?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That's it. I don't know if you can purchase on it though as you probably need a UK or US credit card... But you can play some nice demos for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

ShaneU wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me, I just ended up putting them all in folders

I use this app for organising my folders. When you click on the folder it opens up a little window. Find it very good. You have to spend a little time organising them into news,multimedia,games,etc but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Lordfranto

Hi all just wondering if anyone knows where i might source a noontec A9 android tv box? Only places I've find em so far have been maplin.co.UK and they're out of stock till Jan and on Australian ebay but the dood wants nearly the cost of the box in postage? if anyone is browsing and they come across one please let me know thanx!

BenThere wrote: »
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    You can't install it from the market as it's not available in Ireland but it's free and can be found on the web.

Link please???

Ben
    If ur rooted u can get it on snappzmarket or merkamarket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

Right dudes, 1 more question for yaz:

When I turn my S2 off [or the battery goes] and I turn it on, if a message comes through it only shows the time that I received the message at, not the time it was sent at. Is there any way to find out what time it was sent at? :P

AnnaGram85 wrote: »

When I turn my S2 off [or the battery goes] and I turn it on, if a message comes through it only shows the time that I received the message at, not the time it was sent at. Is there any way to find out what time it was sent at? :P
    Yeah call the person that sent the message and ask em when they sent it!

Lordfranto wrote: »

Thank you for that extremely helpful reply, how did I not think of this before.........:rolleyes:

Thank you for that extremely helpful reply, how did I not think of this before.........:rolleyes:
    Woooooo hang on now u never said it had to be a tech solution and if u note the time of my reply u will see it was very late, so considering ur lack of clarity and the late hour i would say it was a decent attempt at a solution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ponster wrote: »
    That's it. I don't know if you can purchase on it though as you probably need a UK or US credit card... But you can play some nice demos for now!

Installed it, can't play games though......

Cannot launch game, platform not supported or something it says.

Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »

Anyone any ideas?
    What handset and what

Anyone any ideas?
    What handset and what
    What handset and what version of droid u on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi Franto

I'm on check ROM hd, with siyah kernel, Android version 2.3.5 (SGS2)

The app i've installed is called onlive viewer, does that men I can only view the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

just got this phone and was wondering is there an app that can read texts already received

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

ger34 wrote: »
    just got this phone and was wondering is there an app that can read texts already received

You mean like The Samsung messaging app, already installed on the phone?

:confused:

Hi Franto

I'm on check ROM hd, with siyah kernel, Android version 2.3.5 (SGS2)

The app i've installed is called onlive viewer, does that men I can only view the games?
    Onlive viewer is not the app its simply called onlive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Howdy!

Try a different messaging app other than the stock one, like Handcent SMS or chompSMS. Can be found on the market for free!

I use Cabbage Ultimate (that uses your 3G / WiFi connection to send webtexts from your phone) and the inbox in that reports the correct sending time.

I got off a flight yesterday and took the phone out of flight mode. When a message came through it showed the time of 13:17 but that was when the phone logged into the network! I checked the inbox in Cabbage, and it showed it as 12:43, the actual time the message was sent.

Woooooo hang on now u never said it had to be a tech solution and if u note the time of my reply u will see it was very late, so considering ur lack of clarity and the late hour i would say it was a decent attempt at a solution!

I'll overlook it this once, don't let it happen again :P

Seriously though - if say someone texts me and says 'I'm home now' and I don't wake up til 11am I won't have a clue what time that was sent at. Tis just annoying as my old Nokia let me see what time it was sent at in Message Details....

I asked this before but nobody gave an answer [someone said they had same problem!] - I'm with Vodafone if that makes any difference, but when I send an MMS, the person doesn't receive the message until they send ME a message :S Why doesn't it send properly??

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Howdy!

Try a different messaging app other than the stock one, like Handcent SMS or chompSMS. Can be found on the market for free!

I use Cabbage Ultimate (that uses your 3G / WiFi connection to send webtexts from your phone) and the inbox in that reports the correct sending time.

I got off a flight yesterday and took the phone out of flight mode. When a message came through it showed the time of 13:17 but that was when the phone logged into the network! I checked the inbox in Cabbage, and it showed it as 12:43, the actual time the message was sent.

Thank you, which one of those would you say is better? I don't know if I fancy having to have 3G/WIFI for it though either............

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Howdy!

Thank you, which one of those would you say is better? I don't know if I fancy having to have 3G/WIFI for it though either............
    I've tried a few but i think handcent is the best can't say for sure if it reports correct time tho I've never checked or had this issue!

• Advertisement

I was just using cabbage as an example, I wouldn't say that it's what you are looking for, as it uses webtexts rather than network texts.

The other 2 that I mentioned, I don't actually know if they will fix this issue, but I was suggesting that this is the only way to try and see if it does work for you :)

For a recommendation, of course choice is personal, but I like the look of chompSMS and the functionality of Handcent SMS :D

As for your MMS problem, I think that's more a network issue for the person at the other end! Is it always the same person who has this problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

You mean like The Samsung messaging app, already installed on the phone?

:confused:
    I mean to listen to texts in audio
    a friend has nokia n8 and if you long press on a text it gives the option to listen,it's hilarious

I mean to listen to texts in audio
    a friend has nokia n8 and if you long press on a text it gives the option to listen,it's hilarious

Handcent SMS will do it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So um, anyone want the FIRST ROM (outside GN) to get the Official leaked Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware for Galaxy S2

Go nuts!!

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/xxkp1-i9100-galaxy-s2-ice-cream-sandwich-firmware-leak/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

god's toy wrote: »
    So um, anyone want the FIRST ROM (outside GN) to get the Official Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware for Galaxy S2

Go nuts!!

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/xxkp1-i9100-galaxy-s2-ice-cream-sandwich-firmware-leak/

Dont bother. Its buggy as fcuk (and bastardised with touchwiz)

Dont bother. Its buggy as fcuk (and bastardised with touchwiz)
    Yep guessed that but that's what Android is all about! Flashing modding and messing (for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep guessed that but that's what Android is all about! Flashing modding and messing (for me anyway)

Me too but I want clean ICS, not that dirt dirty touchwiz

Me too but I want clean ICS, not that dirt dirty touchwiz

For sure, lol I wished google enforced a kill switch for that stuff in ICS.

Ah sure I'll flash it, play and flash back and wait some more...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

Hi lads.

Hope someone can help with a problem i am having with my meteor s2. Eversince i upgraded it to 2.3.5 with Kiess last week it keeps turning itself off and restarting. I pick it up to find it asking for the pin unlock code.

This is also happening on my wifes S2 aswell after upgrading.

Any ideas gratefully welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

ra0044 wrote: »
    Hi lads.

Hope someone can help with a problem i am having with my meteor s2. Eversince i upgraded it to 2.3.5 with Kiess last week it keeps turning itself off and restarting. I pick it up to find it asking for the pin unlock code.

This is also happening on my wifes S2 aswell after upgrading.

Any ideas gratefully welcome.

Stop using Kies, get a custom ROM....

Advertisement