Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

chucken1 wrote: »
    Hello there Madam :)

Watch out for the men in here..they'll have you drinking for breakfast before the week is out ;)

Oh I'd love a wee Bucks Fizz in the morning - just as a pick me up you understand! Are the men in here sophisticated then?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ohhhh so sopisticated!!!! OG probably owns a clippery thing for his cigars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

he does,

he cuts his toenails with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You should see what I do with pipe cleaners!

Hurrah, it's after six so now I can add extra gin to my gin. Cheers all.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Madam wrote: »
    Oh I'd love a wee Bucks Fizz in the morning - just as a pick me up you understand! Are the men in here sophisticated then?;)
    Hi Madam and welcome,

Sophisticated is not the word I would use (I never lie - she says piously). They are a debauched lot. Hedonism and heathenism abounds. Burlesque nights out and drunken nights in are the order of the day. If it's sophistication you are looking for you have clicked on teh wrong thread.
    Well, you saw the state of Ramette today didn't you? Even she is not immune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Welcome Madame:)

Alice - i feel the disappointment from here, but it was just a once off abberation:o

OG pass the gin, lots of lemon please and ice, i need a pick me up

And is it hot out or am i having a tropical moment?

Thin end of the wedge Ramy dear. Thin end of the wedge.....

Ramette wrote: »
    Welcome Madame:)

Alice - i feel the disappointment from here, but it was just a once off abberation:o

OG pass the gin, lots of lemon please and ice, i need a pick me up

And is it hot out or am i having a tropical moment?

Just remember Ramette....Real women dont get hot flushes,they get power surges :D

and then blow a fuse..............:p

BBDBB wrote: »
    and then blow a fuse..............:p

C'mere ya pup :mad::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

C'mere ya pup :mad::p

* Starts to hunt the storm shelter*

BBDBB I am not normally a coward sir, but bloody heck, you are on yer own after that one.:eek:

Psst Madam we are not all like this you know, I am a sweet, innocent young man about town for example. (Welcome to O&O M'Lady)

*Courteous bow before running off and hiding in case he gets in the way of Chucken's aim*

Oh Rube,you're right to hide!!!!

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

What's all this then....??

What's all the womens doing neglecting their ironing ....hey...where's my dinner???
    And WHO?....I say WHO???...drank all the Middleton....?????

*I knew that Corfu place would have a bad influence on this forum*

I'll have you know I cooked enough for 20 people today :p and just took out banana cake from oven...so say bye bye to your Midleton,Im relaxing!!
    Yes the good Greeks reminded me how to rebel :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

say bye bye to your Midleton,Im relaxing!!

Ha!...Good on ya....enjoy...;)

I'll have you know I cooked enough for 20 people today :p and just took out banana cake from oven...so say bye bye to your Midleton,Im relaxing!!

Does that mean you are refusing to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Madam I'm Adam Spread and welcome! Hows about that for sophistication ........ a palindrome and greeting all in one :)!

And here is a wee joke for our bonny lassie.
    cleardot.gifThe Hospital Visit cleardot.gif

A newly qualified doctor arrives for his first day at a hospital, deep in the Welsh valleys. He is met by one of the Sisters, who has been given the task of showing him around the hospital and introducing him to the staff and patients.
    It is a large hospital and it takes the whole day to get round. By late afternoon they are working their way through the psychiatric block and as the time approaches for the evening meal they arrive at the last ward. They follow the dinner trolley into the ward and wait while one of the nurses lifts the lid on the food tray. To the doctor's surprise there is but a single haggis on the tray to feed a whole ward.
    One of the patients moves towards the trolley in a purposeful manner addressing the haggis,
    Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
    Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
    Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
    Painch, tripe, or thairm:
    Weel are ye wordy of a grace
    As lang's my arm.
    Before he can reach the haggis another patient sprints forward, grabs the simple repast and dashes up the ward. He proudly holds the haggis aloft and cries out in a commanding voice,
    Some hae meat and cannae eat.
    Some cannae eat that want it:
    But we hae meat and we can eat,
    Sae let the Lord be thankit.
    At this, a kilted dervish leaps from his bed, whips a skien dubh out of his sock and lunges at the haggis carrier. With a deft movement the haggis bearer fends off the flashing blade with the haggis. Although this prevents any injury it does result in the top of the haggis being hacked off. A small mouse obviously waiting upon this event dashes out from under a bed, grabs the loose piece of haggis and scampers up the ward, running the gauntlet of slashing claymores and hurled dirks from various patients. At the end of the ward stands a bent and wizened old man with a wild fire in his eyes. He screams at the mouse,
    Wee sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,
    O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
    Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
    Wi bickering brattle!
    I wad be laith to rin an chase thee,
    Wi murdering pattle!
    And then dives upon the poor little mouse. With a left dummy and a right feint, the mouse dodges between the old man's legs, through a hole in the skirting board and to safety with his prize. The doctor turns to the Sister and asks, "Why is this psychiatric ward so full of Scotsmen?"
    "Oh no, doctor, these are not Scotsmen, they are genuine valley dwellers born and bred", she replies, "and, anyway, this is not a psychiatric ward, this is the serious Burns unit"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Having just come in from an evening of Viking, eating boar stew and flatbread and drinking mead, amongst people draped with swords and axes and seaxes and sundry other ways of killing each other, its not too big a jump to the vision of claymores and skein dubhs!

Och aye the noo looksee! :) Mead, fair men/maidens and wild boar ......... just my style. Sure sounds good.

Goodnight and good moaning everyone :). Hope things have returned to normal. *Doing a heads-on-pillow count*

• Advertisement

Rubecula wrote: »
    Does that mean you are refusing to pay?

It means..depending on tomorrow..maybe? ahhh Maybe not :D

Bucks Fizz for Friday breakfast.
    I blame Madam, she made me do it.

sloe-soul-16_12_07-l_11629s.jpg

Well it does contain vit c.... And we are told to drink a lot of fluids :)

drink it quickly before the dehydration sets in

Cheap crappy white wine + sodastream = plentyfull bubbly for breakfast cocktails.

/Hides from Beruthiel :o

Sodastream... Now that brings back memories.... Putting the gas in but forgetting to lock the bottle!!! God I thought we were the bees knees making our own coke :)

Oh Lord what was I doing last night? Chucken and her Beau have a lot to answer for. Quick OG pass me a bucket of fizz or whatever you called it.

I think soda streams are making a comeback :cool:
    We never had one :(
    Rube I think there was Greek dancing and plate smashing involved last night..its all a bit blurred now :pac:

G'waaan The Chucken. You put maners in them girl.

• Advertisement

Thunder and lightening for the past couple of hours and lashing down. Hence the Port. Cheers!

Goodnight and good moaning everyone. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement