Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Testament1 wrote: »
    Hey I'm just saying if a little 1600cc 4 cylinder can put out that kind of power then surely a 2500cc or 3500cc 6 cylinder should be capable of a lot more (including the IS250 and the Legend). And yes I do admire the Japs as they've made (in my eyes at least) some of the best affordable performance cars around.

Anyways apologies for all the off topicness!!

I'm sure they could if they were as engineered as that 1.6 type engine is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

9b421535.jpg

Hmmmmm......

20110913125802.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You averaged 16 miles an hour 11 and a half years ago on a nice warm day?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

EPM wrote: »

Nova wasnt around 11.5 years ago......
    I knew Marty Mc Fly was around somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

EPM wrote: »

Whooops! was mean to be my MPG... had to go down to check there!

Wish I hadnt bothered! :(

20110913192441.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Lads just a little tit bit with regards to the bhp info. Dont forget that a lot of NA cars would have a lot more bhp at the flywheel than they would at the drive wheels. So much of the extra power is lost due to extra bulk of the heavier engine. it gets eaten up by itself , thats where turbos kick in and retain so much more of their power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

dharn wrote: »
    ya those wheels are awful like 3 thumbtacks overlapped very strange design

Funny the wheels were one of the things I really loved. Saab 3 spokers are an aquired taste I suppose, you either love em or hate them. I cant stop seeing three thumbtacks now though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Funny the wheels were one of the things I really loved. Saab 3 spokers are an aquired taste I suppose, you either love em or hate them. I cant stop seeing three thumbtacks now though :p
    I think they look great Saab Ed. Always liked them too. Very similar to the Viggen (sp?) wheels...:cool:
    Speaking of which, are they completely gone from the market now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boyler07

My new car, Opel Astra OPC Nurburgring, I've had her a week now, still haven't stopped grinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 colatube

boyler07 wrote: »
    My new car, Opel Astra OPC Nurburgring, I've had her a week now, still haven't stopped grinning.

I passed you yesterday near Blessington or Tallaght I think, after 6ish?! I was in a black Integra!

Your car looks great!

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Lads just a little tit bit with regards to the bhp info. Dont forget that a lot of NA cars would have a lot more bhp at the flywheel than they would at the drive wheels. So much of the extra power is lost due to extra bulk of the heavier engine. it gets eaten up by itself , thats where turbos kick in and retain so much more of their power

True, but some 2.5 V6s only weight 150kg :D

colatube wrote: »
    I passed you yesterday near Blessington or Tallaght I think, after 6ish?! I was in a black Integra!

Your car looks great!
    Not me, I think you passed the only other Dublin reg Burg in the country, from what I can gather there's only 5 burgs in the whole of Ireland, I knew these were rare, didn't realize just how rare they are.
    Cheers.

I saw one new on the back of a truck and I recently passed one (can't remember if it was C or D reg, lovely cars :)

The one thing that surprised me the most about these Burg's is the ride, a lot smoother and more civilized than I thought it would be, but when you press the accelerator, my god does it shift it's arse, local petrol station is going too love me I think,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

my weekend runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

goss101 wrote: »
    my weekend runner.

VERY nice! Reminds me of a Solero exotic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

@goss101, how does the rad cool when it is buried in the front wing and not getting cool air from the front grill, or does it even matter?

cadaliac wrote: »
    @goss101, how does the rad cool when it is buried in the front wing..........

the fan is on a lot I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Where is the gearbox on the mini? I can't see it, is it chain driven to the back wheels or something:p

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

i have an auxillary fan mounted in the front left wing which i do need to turn on if i'm sitting in traffic, it's mounted in the circle you can see to the left of the rad. the gearbox is directly under the block, and the sump is under that, in a mini the engine and gearbox share the same oil so it's handy for replacing the oil.

dscf0759.jpg

:)

Pic of a 3??

:)

............. ? :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    ............. ? :pac:

My 318i :P

How bad, one or two of them cropped up over the years and I always regret not getting one, that one looks a fine job in fairness :)

How bad, one or two of them cropped up over the years and I always regret not getting one, that one looks a fine job in fairness :)

Needs a bit of work to the arch, going to get it repainted along with a few other bits and pieces, change the wheels etc. It's a project that I'm in absolutely no rush with :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Needs a bit of work to the arch, going to get it repainted along with a few other bits and pieces, change the wheels etc. It's a project that I'm in absolutely no rush with :)

Best of luck with it man! I look forward to seeing pics of the finished project!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

My 318i :P

I'm just genuinely interested to know, how can you get insurance on this when you couldn't insured on a Rover 75? This would be a much sportier car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I keep on telling the GF she would look well in one!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement