Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: September 9th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

If anyone is staying up late, JonathanAnon will be here at 2am with his unique take on tonight's events.

Well worth dropping in, if you are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jess16 wrote: »
    Who are you to decide whether people's emotions are genuine or not? Just because the man has money doesn't mean he's incapable of empathy. They looked like very genuine tears to me. He's not obliged to give up his time or money for others, you know -is it too much to ask to be pleased that he did?

You've posted around 3 comments on this thread and 2 of them are who are you? and why don't you? posts. Why don't you piss off next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid wrote: »
    If anyone is staying up late, JonathanAnon will be here at 2am with his unique take on tonight's events.

Well worth dropping in, if you are up.
    It was bad enough having to watch it first time around besides having to re-live the experience. I think I'm suffering from post traumatic stress disorder as it is :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

You've posted around 3 comments on this thread and 2 of them are who are you? and why don't you? posts. Why don't you piss off next week?

Oh I'm sorry, is there a quota required for having an opinion?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh come on everyone is welcome here.

But yeah those kind of posts do get a bit tedious :(

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It was bad enough having to watch it first time around besides having to re-live the experience. I think I'm suffering from post traumatic stress disorder as it is :D.

It is no good trying to pretend it never happened, MrsD

Your recovery will be much better if you learn to cope with the LLS, rather than block out the memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

MrsD007 wrote: »

It was one of the worst shows I've seen with Tubridy hosting it. And that's saying a lot.

Surely questions have to be asked in RTE about his suitability for the job when people here are saying that the only laugh they got from the whole show to-night (on what's supposed to be a top Friday night light entertainment programme) was that clip he showed of Gaybo making a funny remark to that guy?? (and there must be many more at home who thought the same thing)

You try be objective, but he is such a dreadful interviewer,

If he had Paul McCartney as a guest, he'd be straight in asking about Linda McCartney's illness, or maybe John Lennon's Murder.

How could he ask Sue Johnston about her Mother's death, on her anniversary?

She has loads of funny anecdotes about The Beatles, Ricky Tomlinson, The Royle Family Liverpool FC, lots more about her Showbiz friends

Your time is up Tubs, Get someone in who will entertain us on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Tonight's late late show was definitely the worst I've ever seen.
    Whoever picked tonights guests should be fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

okay I'm home.. Just watching Ronnie at the moment.. He's revealed a lot more on the show than I thought he would.. But I guess he wants to sell the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jonathan, I hope you are taking something to kill the pain.

okay I'm home.. Just watching Ronnie at the moment.. He's revealed a lot more on the show than I thought he would.. But I guess he wants to sell the book.

I enjoyed Ronnie. To be fair, he was a hero to me as a kid, and he still seems like a decent bloke.

It was going quite well while Ronnie was the guest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

any idea why the muslim convert referred to herself as 'reverting to islam'?
    i remember a few years ago on joe duffy, there was a woman from cork who's kids had gone to fight for the isreali army and she took a bollicking from subsequent callers. they should've had her on the LLS too just for a death match.

which one of these 'mothers of kids who fought for a foreign army' will win?!

Ireland's Call ... :( .. Hard to think that song was written by the same man that wrote "The Town I Loved So Well", "Puppet On A String", "Scorn Not" etc etc... An awful song, sung okay-ish-ly...

Lot of conflicting things going on with that Muslim guy... Is RTE now supportive of people who attempt coup-d'estats with weapons.. They shouldnt be encouraging that sort of them or any angry mob may show up with pitchforks outside their door one Friday night and drag Golden Boy by the lugs.. And the muslim woman fell for this guy, when she saw him giving food to her mother in law... Most Irish woman want him to have a load of money, a Jag and a flash job..

Okay the coffee is going on now..

I'm watching Jimmy Stewart aka Glen Miller on RTE1.

It's Buddy Holly all over again. Don't get on that plane, Glen, It's not a bit safe.

Meant to record that Glenn Miller movie, Skid.. But the TV (on my PC ) crashed, think it ran out of disk space..... September 7th was Buddy Holly's anniversary btw, probably one of the greatest losses ever given that he was sooo young when he died..

But it reminds me of that Peter Kay joke... A man was on Stars In Your Eyes, and said "Matthew, tonight I'm gonna be Glenn Miller"... He walked through the fog and was never seen again...

271_flight11_hits2050081722-9143.jpg
    When I saw this, I was reeeeeally hoping Jim Corr would be on..... .withdraw withdraw.. I saw that documentary with this guy before... some coincidence, terrible to think of the little girl dying on that plane..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

They reckon we're all born with Faith in Allah and those who aren't muslim are so because they've be conditioned out of it. Or something.

+infinity on Buddy Holly, JA.
    I'm a huge fan of his, to honest.
    Often wonder what might have been, if he had walked away ...

But enough of this negativity, what about the LLS? , (ahem)

Meant to record that Glenn Miller movie, Skid.. But the TV (on my PC ) crashed, think it ran out of disk space..... September 7th was Buddy Holly's anniversary btw, probably one of the greatest losses ever given that he was sooo young when he died..

But it reminds me of that Peter Kay joke... A man was on Stars In Your Eyes, and said "Matthew, tonight I'm gonna be Glenn Miller"... He walked through the fog and was never seen again...

271_flight11_hits2050081722-9143.jpg
    When I saw this, I was reeeeeally hoping Jim Corr would be on..... .withdraw withdraw.. I saw that documentary with this guy before... some coincidence, terrible to think of the little girl dying on that plane..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The LLS has has been ruined by DLB, researchers and the producers. There is more originality in an episode of Reeling in the Years. It's so predictable it's boring, Cuba Gooding is on so show a clip of him doing show me the money, Ronnie Whelan is on let's show the scissors kick again, oh look here is Brian Kennedy for the millionth time. The 9/11 segment was very sad but we have heard these stories before and the one guy talking about how it happened was the most interesting but barely got 5 minutes. But of course Tubs had to play the sad card and that has become stale. The research for the show is the worst I have ever seen. They just rip off other talk shows and there is rarely an original question asked. They don't need that poxy band, they don't need DLB going into the audience to sit on a step and ask stupid bloody questions. They also lie about guests who will be on just to make you watch until the end. They lie about guests doing live interviews. It's a horrible mess with a poor host who is not able to identify with his guest and resorts to asking them questions that they have heard dozens of times. I can't see Tubridy being in the seat after this series is finished and that can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

i remember a few years ago on joe duffy, there was a woman from cork who's kids had gone to fight for the isreali army and she took a bollicking from subsequent callers. they should've had her on the LLS too just for a death match.

which one of these 'mothers of kids who fought for a foreign army' will win?!

I was wondering about that 'reverting to Islam' expression too.
    And what was the big deal about changing his child's nappy?
    How long did he say he was living in Ireland and yet he still needed a translator?
    I was reminded of the old saying 'your king & country need you but your wife and children need you more'. Who was supporting his wife and was it 4 children will he was off on his adventures ..... or need I ask that question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Callan57 wrote: »
    I was wondering about that 'reverting to Islam' expression too.

According to Muslim belief, everyone is born a Muslim but most are led astray by evil Christian, Jewish, atheist parents.

Just reading in The Irish Independent, Jimmy Saville never made it to Dublin.

He didn't get onboard the Cruise Ship in Liverpool that was meant to take him to Dublin, nobody is sure why.

Hope he is alright.

In other news, while googling for news of Jimmy Saville's whereabouts, it appears my OP for this thread was copy and pasted into a thread on 'The Peoples Republic Of Cork'

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3927038

There you go, some of you get quoted In The Irish Times, I get plagarised by a shower of langers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭horse7

what a great country,we have all these non eu people living here and we can also pay 600,000euro to a tv presenter,for a half rate show.

horse7 wrote: »
    what a great country,we have all these non eu people living here

YEAH!

Wait, what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

what a great country,we have all these non eu people living here

Mindless tripe.

I don't suppose you or a member of your family/friends have done some J1 visa living in the states at some stage. Eu people should be allowed to live everywhere but don't let the outsiders in. Is that what your wise comment refers to?

try read up on the rules ,eu people cant go live anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

try read up on the rules ,eu people cant go live anywhere.

Read up on your cop on

• Advertisement

maybe your not so wise as to think you could enter america without a proper visa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement