Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halal Restaurants in Ireland

Options
  • 23-03-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭

Salaam everyone,

I was hoping we could get a list of known Halal restaurants/fast food outlets going here. I suggest each post contains the following information:

Establishment name:
    Address:
    Cuisine: (Indian/Turkish/Africian/etc)
    Halal Authenticity: (Certificate on display/verbal assurance from staff/etc)
    Menu: (Full halal/partial halal)
    Alcohol Served: (Yes/No)

If this thread is successful I will make it a sticky for easy reference inshaAllah.

Jazakallah.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Apache Pizza
    Lucan branch
    Partial Halal

http://www.apache.ie/apache_stores/Lucan/

Olive Tree Restaurant @ ICCI
    19 Roebuck Road
    Clonskeagh
    Dublin, Ireland
    Dublin 14
    t: +353 (0) 1 208 0000
    Cuisine Arabic

SCR Mosque Restaurant @ IFI and Dublin Mosque
    163 South Circular Road
    City Centre
    Dublin, Ireland
    Dublin 8
    t: +353 (0) 1 453 3242 / +353 (0) 1 473 8276
    Cuisine Arabic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

El Bahia on Wicklow street.

http://www.elbahia.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

theres one in Irish town in kilkenny city

"The Halal Center"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Medina(h) (sp?)
    Mary Street,
    Dublin

Cuisine: Indian/Pakistani

Authenticity: Halal certificate (IIRC)

Menu: Fully Halal

Alcohol Served: None, but recommend the delicious alcohol-free fruit 'beers', pineapple ftw!

Atmosphere is good, service was excellent, food was excellent, pineapple beer was lovely, found it good value for money and a pleasure overall. Can't wait to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055812566

^ Also a halal restaurant, info is on the thread so no need for me to re-post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Buddy Cadillac's Mullingar - although not everything on menu is halal. Ask the staff and they will let you know what is and isnt halal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sekut

Proton House
    @101 Dorset Street Upper, Dublin 1

All meat is 100% Irish & Halal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

sekut wrote: »
    Proton House

Sedap ke itu?

• Advertisement

Sedap ke itu?

Okay lah.. not too bad.. harga pon okay..

sekut wrote: »
    Proton House

Just went there today. Nothing fancy, which is fine, just authentic Malaysian mamak food served at reasonable prices and it's halal. It was full of Malaysians, every seat full.

It's a one of a kind in Ireland and it's arrival is not before time. I'll bet he makes a killing. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Just went there today. Nothing fancy, which is fine, just authentic Malaysian mamak food served at reasonable prices and it's halal. It was full of Malaysians, every seat full.

It's a one of a kind in Ireland and it's arrival is not before time. I'll be he makes a killing. Fair play.

Authentic Malaysian mamak food? Cool - must tell the wife, she'll be delighted..

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pcboy

Any other halal restaurants in city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

It's a one of a kind in Ireland and it's arrival is not before time. I'll bet he makes a killing. Fair play.

Nice Username :D

danny29 wrote: »
    Nice Username :D

;)

pcboy wrote: »
    Any other halal restaurants in city center?

Nyonya Malaysian Restaurant
    76, Dame Street,
    Dublin 2,
    Ireland
    +353 1 670 7200

Ask the staff and they will let you know what is and isnt halal.

chicken n duck halal..

I walk into a fast food outlet bout last month..it says completely halal..when im about to order something i did noticed that they served pork as well. I quickly cancel my order and just walk away. It doesn't make sense to sell pork if you advertised your restaurant halal. I think the owner is muslim and the guy serving the food is muslim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I walk into a fast food outlet bout last month..it says completely halal..when im about to order something i did noticed that they served pork as well. I quickly cancel my order and just walk away. It doesn't make sense to sell pork if you advertised your restaurant halal. I think the owner is muslim and the guy serving the food is muslim

Salaam Danny,

Did you ask him about it? It is possible to get Turkey Bacon which is Halal. Perhaps this is what he was serving.

Salaam Danny,

Did you ask him about it? It is possible to get Turkey Bacon which is Halal. Perhaps this is what he was serving.

I'm not sure..better to stay away from it since it produces doubts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I'm not sure..better to stay away from it since it produces doubts

I think it's better to ask the owner and clarify. If he is Muslim, and the staff are Muslim, and he has a sign up saying completely halal, then it is very unlikely he is serving pork.

Salaam Danny,

Turkey bacon...it doesn't sound really appetizing lol
    i dont know about the shop im just curious thats all..i wouldnt like to walk in to halal restaurant who sells pork..it just doesnt feel right

Finally went in tonight - very nice! Nothing fancy as you say but a nice little place. Finally somewhere with murtabak. Still plenty of non-Muslim Malaysians and Irish keeping the place going; surprisingly, not much after-dusk business according to the owner; he reckons that unlike previous years, it's too late for Muslims to wait to break fast after work so they head home.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bridgetown1

the BEST indian take-away in cork!

THE SPICE ROUTE.

on McCurtain St, near corner of Patrick's Hill nd Bridge St.

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, and halal to boot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 imman

oceanclub wrote: »
    Finally went in tonight - very nice! Nothing fancy as you say but a nice little place. Finally somewhere with murtabak. Still plenty of non-Muslim Malaysians and Irish keeping the place going; surprisingly, not much after-dusk business according to the owner; he reckons that unlike previous years, it's too late for Muslims to wait to break fast after work so they head home.

P.
    Hello, i am new in this club. Suddenly read about the Halal issue over here. I am actually interested to know new friends from Ireland.

imman wrote: »
    Hello, i am new in this club. Suddenly read about the Halal issue over here. I am actually interested to know new friends from Ireland.

Hi Imman,

Where abouts do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

Passion4food
    kebabs/pizzas/burgers
    Cranbrassil street lower

the best kebabs I've had in Ireland. The kebab portions are huge:D, good quality meat, and cheap

Pan Asian
    Epicurean Food Hall
    Abbey street

Indian/thai/chinese buffet.
    9.50 all you can eat.. nice selection of food and really nice
    nyom,nyom

There's also a new place Warung Kita (halal Malaysian) opened up on Clanbrassil St:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warung-Kita/196158973759480?sk=wall&filter=12
    http://www.orangkita.eu/?p=301

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    There's also a new place Warung Kita (halal Malaysian) opened up on Clanbrassil St:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warung-Kita/196158973759480?sk=wall&filter=12
    http://www.orangkita.eu/?p=301

P.

I've heard good things about Warung Kita. In fact, we went there but it was closed (open at 5pm iirc). It looks like it's within an Indian restaurant called Bu Ali, unless I'm mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

I've heard good things about Warung Kita. In fact, we went there but it was closed (open at 5pm iirc). It looks like it's within an Indian restaurant called Bu Ali, unless I'm mistaken.

Yea I heard that bu-ali was starting a sort of chinese cuisine. Must be then so

Advertisement