Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 15, Stage 13: Pau - Lourdes 156km

Options
  • 14-07-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

A good day for the French?

Although the home riders will have been motivated to show themselves on the Bastille Day stage to Luz-Ardiden, today's run between Pau and Lourdes appears to suit them better. Not only is there no summit finish on this Pyrenean day, but it only features the climb of the Aubisque. Although a Tour classic, its summit is 50km from the finish. Add all that together and the Tour's leading performers are sure to keep their powder dry, which should give French riders the opportunity they need. Fédrigo has won twice on stages like this while Voeckler has impressed too.

tdf2011_13sm_600.jpg

tdf2011_13sp_600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No category?
    Someone care to explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

CianRyan wrote: »
    No category?

It's an anglicised version of Hors Category, or out of classification, ie, the hardest there is, like the Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

CianRyan wrote: »
    No category?

its HC in my tour guide

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Overcast and cold here. Hope it clears up before they get to Col d'Aubisque.

Cirque du Litor the road between Col d'Aubisque and Col du Soulor.

cirque-du-litor-17.jpg

Hope we don't see this repeated. In 1951 Win Van Est fell 80m, he was pulled up with a rope made from tyres.
    Van-Est-pulled-up-credit.jpg

cirque-du-litor-25.jpg

col-aubisque-profile.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No mountian top finish, boooo. I'd say they're be a small break away group of non GC riders or possibly a lone lunatic that will stay away and take the stage. No significant change in GC between the big boys, unless Contador is in worse shape than he looked yesterday.

I honestly don't understand why today isn't a mountain top finished, whatever happened to 3 mountain top finishes in a row?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Too many and it gets boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

cant wait for tomorrow, another HC finish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Overcast and cold here. Hope it clears up before they get to Col d'Aubisque.

Cirque du Litor the road between Col d'Aubisque and Col du Soulor.

that first photo is vertigo inducing. Looks like a fun road to ride though !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Just put a tenner on Chabonelle at 16/1:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Any streams going for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

judas101 wrote: »
    Any streams going for this?
    http://www.fromsportcom.com/c-9.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Klodens pulled out.

Chavanel wants away today, he has tried twice and has been taken back twice

Boom a long way off the back

AG2R wrote: »
    Klodens pulled out.

Chavanel wants away today, he has tried twice and has been taken back twice

the shack down to 5

Katusha and Rabobank lose a man too.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

Interesting break....Maarten Tjallingii (Rabobank), Thor Hushovd (Garmin), Dmitriy Fofonov (Astana), Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky), Jerome Pineau (Quick Step), Jeremy Roy (FDJ), David Moncoutie (Cofidis), Alessandro Petacchi (Lampre) and Lars Bak (HTC-Highroad)

Roy really is a sucker for punishment. must be going for the overall most aggressive rider prize. . . Hushovd, Petacchi and Boasson Hagen are looking to get a head start for the mountain. its a long way to the finish after the climb so maybe they're hoping it will all come back together towards the finish, minus cav and the other sprinters... or maybe its just for the intermediate sprint. forgot bout that!

Roy was out by himself for a good bit before he was caught lol.

The Lads on Eurosport taking the piss out of the "spanish beef"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Haha....Jens not happy about not getting a push off there!!

Why is Cavandish complaining again. Thats the only reason I dislike him tbh

I think I'd prefer to know why Gilbert seems to be a complaining a lot about something!!

• Advertisement

Why is Cavandish complaining again. Thats the only reason I dislike him tbh

yeah me too. nothing to complain about there. rojas moved over a tiny bit but there was still room. what does he want, an invitation!..

kmart6 wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer to know why Gilbert seems to be a complaining a lot about something!!

he went to early.. maybe there was mistake in the distance marker.. or else he just doesnt have the legs today and was looking for tow :D

Hushvod attacking on the climb!.. you gotta love him.. not sure why he's doing it though!

Gilbert is having a conversation, most likely complaining though
    But Everytime Cav loses out on a sprint he throws the hands up and sulks

Gotta love Thor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I hope Thor gets through with the attack, weird though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I love Thor. How many lads his size would dream of being in the break on a day like this yet alone attacking out of it at the base of a HC climb? One. That's how many. Gravity can go fcuk itself.

To be honest I'd prefer to see him complaining about losing out on sprints instead of patting the other guys on the back!

Roy is some man....has done a serious amount of breakaway riding...and if he catches Thor fair play!

Bouet gone off the front...same idea as yesterday maybe for AG2R....have someone out there who can help Nico later on if needed!

But Everytime Cav loses out on a sprint he throws the hands up and sulks

the commissaires have brought this on themselves (everyone else has been doing it as well) by dq'ing cav and thor on the first day

Hoogerland is struggling

• Advertisement

Hoogerland is struggling
    As are many many others...commentators seemed to single him out, and then as soon as the camera panned out kinda changed their opinion on how much he was struggling!

Advertisement