Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 Bikes Stolen off 1st floor Balcony

• 13-05-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Friday the 13th stuck last night.
    I had my 3 bikes stolen off my 1st floor balcony.
    Neighbour seen it at 2.30am, rang Garda, got one bike back and arrested one guy. Going to press charges. Found bolt cutter down below at the scene.
    Will know more when the arresting garda is back on duty tonight.

Missing is a Focus Superbud double suspension MB. Predometly red with some black and white forks.

Also a Blue Claude Butler racer. Probably worth feck all but the one of the 2 missing I can't replace. Alot of fond memories on this beauty, my first +200km, first tri, College commuting. Devo over her. RIP Old Bluey

No house insurance as renting and never got around to getting contents only. Yes I know I am an idiot.

Any info or sightings I would be very grateful.

Things to learn for all, The bigger the better on the lock, Scum can climb and if your renting make sure your contents are covered under your lanlords insurance or get your own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

How did they get them down? Did they lower them somehow or just drop them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That's seriously awful about getting your 3 bikes stolen! :mad:
    You should probably move this into the Stolen Bikes Thread though.
    Otherwise the Mods will lock this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

That's seriously awful about getting your 3 bikes stolen! :mad:
    You should probably move this into the Stolen Bikes Thread though.
    Otherwise the Mods will lock this thread.

Thanks for the advise, I have moved it now but dunno how to close this thread?
    Cheers

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jmcmen wrote: »
    but dunno how to close this thread?
    You can't, but I can;)

Subsequent posts moved to the stolen bikes thread

Thanks

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement