Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor abolishes some roaming charges across the EU.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 john01me

about time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Will the others do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Fantastic news! I hope the other operators follow suit and soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I wonder will the usage be consider outside of plan minutes + texts like when you make the mistake of calling those bloody 'low-call' numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hopefully VF will follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Starting from when I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Very good news if it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

Would this count as a change of contract for bill pay customers and allow them to opt out without penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Now.

Text Europe to 50104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

M.J.M.C wrote: »

whenever you opt in. Text 'EUROPE' TO 50104 to opt in. Calls/texts do not come out of your bundle though, you will be billed a 25cent/pin for voice calls and 10c per text, and free to receive calls/texts...

If you are pay as you go, you will be billed 29c per minute with a 9c 'set up fee' for voice calls, and 12c per text, free to receive calls/texts..

edit: beatin to it by run to da hills!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Would be great if it included data roaming, but i think that would be asking too much

beglee wrote: »
    Would be great if it included data roaming, but i think that would be asking too much

3 don't charge for data roaming if you are in a country using an existing 3 netwok and it has been that way for several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bit step in the right direction, hopefully the other providers will follow suit, surely this will push them into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Now.

Text Europe to 50104

Do i still need to do that setup thing before i go? Call customer care to setup roaming and all that jazz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

My parents are in Portugal, both with Meteor phones. Would it be possible for them to txt the 50104 number from there? I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Great news... Glad I stuck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Legion2008

thomasjad wrote: »
    Would this count as a change of contract for bill pay customers and allow them to opt out without penalty?

Doubt it .... you have to opt into the cheaper rates, and as such you accept the terms and conditions of the cheaper rates

If you do nothing you stay on exactly the same terms and conditions as you are now

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

thats been in place in all operators accross europe for a number of months already. this annoucement makes significant savings on those enforced by the EU. Great move for customers especially the free to recieve calls is about time too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Would you still get the free texts with the *€20 deal or is it 12c each?

Would you still get the free texts with the *€20 deal or is it 12c each?

Bundle packages applies to southern Ireland only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

3 don't charge for data roaming if you are in a country using an existing 3 netwok and it has been that way for several years.

So if I am in Portugal later this year and bring my 3 dongle with me which is topped up for €15 for one month on PAYG I can use it without further charges ?

pissed wrote: »
    So if I am in Portugal later this year and bring my 3 dongle with me which is topped up for €15 for one month on PAYG I can use it without further charges ?
    Only if there is a 3 network out there. If you are connected to other service providers you will be charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Meteor wrote:
    4. The Roaming Offer shall apply for the period from May 5th 2011 to November 4th 2011(“the Applicable Period”), which period may be extended by Meteor at its sole discretion and determination.

Qualifying Plans shall be Anytime Choice on Prepay and all current Bill Pay tariff plans, excluding Bill Pay Lite (SIM Only) plans, Connect 60 & 65, Bill Pay Max and Bill Pay Smart Unlimited. Any change of tariff to a non-qualifying plan, shall result in the loss of the Roaming Offer.
    And data is still €10.24/MB while roaming.

I'll be sticking with Three anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

Does this scenario make sense:

If my wife got a Meteor 'pay as you go' sim card, then I think she would be entitled to call another Meteor phone number for free. If I got a Meteor 'pay as you go' sim card also, does that mean she could call me for free when I was abroad in Europe and I would receive the call for free on this new deal? Result = free calls?!

Have I forgotten something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Excluding Bill Pay Max and Bill Pay Smart unlimited customers is shocking, customers paying big bills each month not even considered for this offer, shocking decision by meteor, i'll be staying with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

silverwood wrote: »
    Does this scenario make sense:

If my wife got a Meteor 'pay as you go' sim card, then I think she would be entitled to call another Meteor phone number for free. If I got a Meteor 'pay as you go' sim card also, does that mean she could call me for free when I was abroad in Europe and I would receive the call for free on this new deal? Result = free calls?!

Have I forgotten something?

Offers such a free texts and free calls dont apply when outside of the Republic Of Ireland. Hence the 29c a minute charge to call a number and 9c connection fee for pay as you go customers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

beglee wrote: »

For what its worth, Vodafone have 50mb/day for EUR2/day that comes out of your data package in most of the EU for all new contracts but I'm not sure if it applies to pre-pay though. And while its not free, its a hell of a lot cheaper than it otherwise would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

shocksy wrote: »
    Offers such a free texts and free calls dont apply when outside of the Republic Of Ireland. Hence the 29c a minute charge to call a number and 9c connection fee for pay as you go customers

Why should the person calling be penalised just because the receiver is abroad? That's a bit mean :mad:

I could understand the charge if the person abroad wanted to call home alright, that's fair enough of course.

Advertisement