Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I wonder is there many unmolested examples left? Even the diesel ones were great for cheap as chips motoring.
    I know of 3 GTXX's in the country...he owns two of them and they're both mint! The black one above has been rebuilt twice in his ownership and he's only 18! :D
    EPM wrote: »
    Nice. I know a guy that put the 3 cylinder diesel in a GTi shell...mind boggling. Think it was sold for scrap in the end:(

It's a mental little car...love slagging him over the missing cylinder...all I get back is 'all noise and no movement' :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I know of 3 GTXX's in the country...he owns two of them and they're both mint! The black one above has been rebuilt twice in his ownership and he's only 18! :D
    They seem to of become largely forgotten about. I smell future hot hatch classic bargains. Most people will be hunting down Shivics and the like

They seem to of become largely forgotten about. I smell future hot hatch classic bargains. Most people will be hunting down Shivics and the like

Myself and him have great craic comparing my Civic to his Charade ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I call BOLLOCKS

WHO would buy that model CHARADE as their project car. Unless the project involved a tin of petrol and some matches

I think there's a BOLLOCKS line at this stage. Please join at the end and wait your turn!

Myself and him have great craic comparing my Civic to his Charade ;)
    :D Say no more

• Advertisement

Good lad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I call BOLLOCKS

WHO would buy that model CHARADE as their project car. Unless the project involved a tin of petrol and some matches

I'd say people who are left with some brain and those who can come up with brilliant ideas, I had plans of making it into a DeTomaso.

I'd say people who are left with some brain and those who can come up with brilliant ideas, I had plans of making it into a DeTomaso.
    It would of made a better VENTURI

Everyone has their own choice and people can do whatever they want with their car so I guess we shouldn't be making this an issue tbh.

Everyone has their own choice and people can do whatever they want with their car so I guess we shouldn't be making this an issue tbh.
    Thinking about it, I'd say it would make a more convincing BMW535D

• Advertisement

Thinking about it, I'd say it would make a more convincing BMW535D

Rusty Racers Facebook profile is on his boards profile...that cuts out any relation to bmw535d so I think that should be nipped in the bud at this stage. We had our fun with that.

I don't have it anymore, plans dumped but you can still keep on thinking if you don't have anything else to be at.

Rusty Racers Facebook profile is on his boards profile...that cuts out any relation to bmw535d so I think that should be nipped in the bud at this stage. We had our fun with that.
    Apologies, I have to admit to not looking :)

RR: I still think a 97 Charade is a weird project choice but thats coming from a guy who is actually paying money to have a Morris Marina restored

I actually didn't wanted it but it was up for rock bottom price and I thought of giving it a go.

So any question?
    Hope we are still friends. :D
    BTW, I might be upgrading soon, Midnight_EG's name hints it.

Please don't ruin it :(

So any question?
    Hope we are still friends. :D
    BTW, I might be upgrading soon, Midnight_EG's name hints it.
    All friends, it was crossed wires :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Here is my commuter mobile after a wash, and its first wax and polish in many many years I'd say.:D

DSCF1483.jpg

And with the weekend toy lurking in the backround.

DSCF1485.jpg

Where'd you get your hubcaps for the Micra? :eek:

Love that 350GT :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

:rolleyes: Fair play, i couldnt drive the Micra knowing i have something better in the garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Double garage too .... FANCY :D

Where'd you get your hubcaps for the Micra? :eek:

Love that 350GT :cool:

They were a special order from japan.....:P

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Fair play, i couldnt drive the Micra knowing i have something better in the garage.

You could if you had 120kms per day to do and one cost €50 a week in petrol and one costs €120!:eek:

They were a special order from japan.....:P

You could if you had 120kms per day to do and one cost €50 a week in petrol and one costs €120!:eek:

I'll assume the Micra does the second one...damn twin cam beasts! :(

I'll assume the Micra does the second one...damn twin cam beasts! :(

Yep, the GT just gets there so fast it doesn't have a chance to use any fuel:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Some photos of the S8 this morning (thats morning dew on it) now with its Summer wheels, LED DRLs and generally clean'ish:
    BrabusWheels003_880x660.jpg
    BrabusWheels009_880x660.jpg
    Chunky:
    BrabusWheels006_660x880.jpg

Whats nice about this era S8 is that it looks like a land of the giants S4 (same but bigger). The wheels are [Merc fittment] Brabus Monoblock VI replica's picked up for EUR150 and spent a few hours respraying them (paint is Rust-oleum Elegant Silver Metallic :) ). The fronts are fairly fooked though, half the wheel had to be covered in weights to try balance them.

I know its un-usual to have a staggered (wider at back) setup on a quattro, but I matched up the rolling diameter pretty close front to rear (255-45-18 and 235-50-18) so the quattro diff shouldnt freak out.

More photos here:
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/mattsimis/Audi%20S8/Summer%20Wheels%20Painting/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

^^ Sweet. Seen it a few times on the M4. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Some photos of the S8 this morning (thats morning dew on it) now with its Summer wheels, LED DRLs and generally clean'ish
    Stop playing with your cars and tackle that jungle garden! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Less time on the car, more time on the Garden Matt!!!:p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Top Dog wrote: »
    Stop playing with your cars and tackle that jungle garden! :pac::D
    Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Less time on the car, more time on the Garden Matt!!!:p
    lads, yis are in the wrong forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭Top Dog

kbannon wrote: »