Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet WebTV, Watch Free Irish TV Channels live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

hope they get it sorted to work on the ps3 browser soon

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭adrian.s

"Login failed. Bad credentials" keeps coming up.

Tried multiple password resets. Argh:(

Hi There,

If you dm over your username on the system, I'll take a look to see what's going on.

I work for the company that operates this service for Magnet.

Regards,
    Adrian Skehill.

Calom Technologies.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'm already receiving the spam emails asking me to move to magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Also The Irish Internet seems to have slowed since this service started. I wonder how much extra data it is at peak viewing times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Damo9090 wrote: »
    I'm already receiving the spam emails asking me to move to magnet.

Yes, this is all about getting your email address and permission from you to allow them send spam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes, this is all about getting your email address and permission from you to allow them send spam

Gathered that.

My email spam filter has been assigned a new email address. :D

why is bbc three never working???

and when is it coming to the ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

is watching tv heavy on download allowance/

yes, the better the quality the heavier it is.

If lots do it, it makes Internet slower for everyone as Irish Infrastructure is poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

MinnyMinor wrote: »
    is watching tv heavy on download allowance/
    Not really, I watched a program on RTE Player the other night, 50mins only used 150MB. The fuzzy bits you see every now and then are due to compression so as to load quicker and it uses less allowance as a result aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

watty wrote: »
    yes, the better the quality the heavier it is.

If lots do it, it makes Internet slower for everyone as Irish Infrastructure is poor.
    This is true. There handy when you miss something. I wouldn't use it myself otherwise.

This is one to get out the Popcorn and Watch?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71040140

why is bbc three never working???

and when is it coming to the ps3?

Hi rampantglory, sorry for delay in getting back to you on this.

I hope your bbc3 problem is sorted, ping me (or submit a query on the site when you see it and it should get sorted out very quickly).

Now, on the PS3 support, we're moving in that direction. Early next week we will be pushing a new version of the site which will start to expose out the API to allow different types of client to access the content. This version will be aimed at Apple devices such as iPad and iPhone so you will be able to access the site using those to start, with the possibility of apps later on.

We're then going to take a look to see how we can best support the PS3 as a device and what would be involved. I'll keep you posted on this.

Warm Regards,
    Adrian.

Calom Technologies.

Thanks for ur reply Adrian ,
    I look forward to magnet tv on my other devices
    cheers

WOOT!!! SORRY I NEED TO BE IN BED!! BUT MAGNETWEBTV WORKS ON THE IPHONE AND IPAD + IT'S AIRPLAY ENABLED FOR APPLETV.... It seems though you developed 2 APIS! One for the iPad and one for iPhone as the iPhone has a widescreen video where as the iPad plays in 4:3

http://yfrog.com/h4trnwj

http://yfrog.com/hsg2xtcj

http://yfrog.com/h4phtvmj

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

WOOT!!! SORRY I NEED TO BE IN BED!! BUT MAGNETWEBTV WORKS ON THE IPHONE AND IPAD + IT'S AIRPLAY ENABLED FOR APPLETV.... It seems though you developed 2 APIS! One for the iPad and one for iPhone as the iPhone has a widescreen video where as the iPad plays in 4:3

http://yfrog.com/h4trnwj

http://yfrog.com/hsg2xtcj

http://yfrog.com/h4phtvmj

So you need apple tv to make this work on ipad?

Darragh12 wrote: »
    So you need apple tv to make this work on ipad?

No. You can stream the TV to your AppleTV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

This is great. I watched a good 40 minutes of the Ireland-England game on my mobile on Saturday as I travelled into town on the Luas. For a live broadcast, the quality over 3G was fantastic.

Hopefully this lives on!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

What a shame, it worked well until they placed their own ad at the start, iPhone does not recognize the format of the ad so it doesn't show live tv any more. I sent a message and they said that it would be sorted that day. That was a week ago. Hopefully it'll be sorted, it was a good service while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

donalfo wrote: »
    What a shame, it worked well until they placed their own ad at the start, iPhone does not recognize the format of the ad so it doesn't show live tv any more. I sent a message and they said that it would be sorted that day. That was a week ago. Hopefully it'll be sorted, it was a good service while it lasted.

I just tried it there on my iPhone and it's working fine.

The ad played first, Then i was able to play any channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

Oh, maybe I need to update my software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

My Android phone doesn't do Flash but it seems to think it has it (possibly Flash lite). Does anyone know of anyway to trick the browser into using the iPhone version of the site? Or a direct link to the video itself.

Magnet WebTV works perfectly on my 1st iTouch. Dusted it off to see would it work. The quality was impressive. Its a shame I can't get it to work on my phone.

has any one else been having problems??
    havent had "tv" for 4 days now

has any one else been having problems??
    havent had "tv" for 4 days now

@rampantglory What problem are you seeing ? There's no problems that I can see on the magnetwebtv end.

Adrian.

No picture just the yellow circle with loading That's it

No picture just the yellow circle with loading That's it

Sorted. I'll need to check further what happened on Monday, but you're back in action now. Just log out and back in again.

A.

Cheers. Do u mind me asking what did u do??

Cheers. Do u mind me asking what did u do??

I run the company that supplies the service to Magnet so I took a peek at the database. Without going into too much detail, your package subs were removed and I just restored them.

A little further investigation required to see what caused this to happen on Monday when I have a fresh head!

A.

Thanks very much - hope it wasn't too much bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

I have the same problem on my iphone, but it works fine on the ipad. After login, I just get a yellow rotating circle saying loading. Any ideas? The title on the video pane is "Now playing: Magnet - Advertisment"

Advertisement