Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania in Galway

Options
  • 02-04-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any pubs will be showing Wrestlemania Sunday night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Amik wrote: »

It'll be starting at midnight. Very doubtful I'm afraid.

Wrestling in a pub?.... would make as much sense to screen the Christmas specials of the soaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wrestling in a pub?.... would make as much sense to screen the Christmas specials of the soaps.

I'd happily go to the pub for either tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Amik wrote: »
    I'd pop along if you found one that would and chip in. We tried one in Dublin and it didn't pan out so I doubt Galway would be much better sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cant imagine there would be any interest, kids arent allowed into pubs that late anyway!! :), joking, but in all honesty its a minority of people that watch it,i used to but nobody worth watching in it these days, plus UFC is a hundred times better.

• Advertisement

Cant imagine there would be any interest, kids arent allowed into pubs that late anyway!! :), joking, but in all honesty its a minority of people that watch it,i used to but nobody worth watching in it these days, plus UFC is a hundred times better.
    In what way was this post helpful?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, be honest. How many people came into this topic thinking it was about someone in Galway making a bid to offically host a Wrestlemania there <_<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It costs a lot more than the regular price for a pub to get a PPV event so i doubt any of them would bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Friends, drinks from the off-license and some dominos, a spacious sitting room with a half decent tv, then some friendly wagers on it - I'm a UFC fan myself, haven't watched WWE since Brock left a few years back, but if I was gonna do it now - thats the only way! :)

In what way was this post helpful?
    Was as helpful as most of the other posts!!!

• Advertisement

Was as helpful as most of the other posts!!!
    No it wasn't. OP asked a good question and you decided to bring in MMA to your response. And you don't even watch wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Was this thread moved from another forum or posted here intentionally?

its a minority of people that watch it,i used to but nobody worth watching in it these days, plus UFC is a hundred times better.

Ill have you know that we have the 17th biggest forum on the site. :pac::pac:

No it wasn't. OP asked a good question and you decided to bring in MMA to your response. And you don't even watch wrestling.
    My point is that most people like myself who would have watched wrestling in their teens tend to graduate to mma and the like nowadays, hence i wouldnt imagine a great demand for it to be televised in a pub thus answering the OP's question. I have attempted watching wwe in recent times FYI but just find that they no longer have any quality characters or people who can pull off a great promo and find it hard watching it from the viewpoint of the real action in mma.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ill have you know that we have the 17th biggest forum on the site. :pac::pac:
    Ive no problem with wrestling ive been watching it since i was ten but just not anymore. When i said there wouldnt be interest im talking in terms of sports like football, boxing, nfl, even nba which would be screened in pubs frequently.

Ive no problem with wrestling ive been watching it since i was ten but just not anymore. When i said there wouldnt be interest im talking in terms of sports like football, boxing, nfl, even nba which would be screened in pubs frequently.

Your right.
    In a way.

Soccer, motorsports and Boxing all have the ability to be shown live at 'Sociable hours'.
    WWE still brings in MASSIVE amounts of money from ppv partys in the states.

Take away and beers in a house would be the best though, weve done it a couple of times for the recent big ufc nights. Great craic.

Take away and beers in a house would be the best though, weve done it a couple of times for the recent big ufc nights. Great craic.

Are you offering the rest of us to host a Wrestlemania party at your place?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A pub would struggle to get enough punters to make it worth screening any of the above if shown on Sky Box Office, at midnight, on a Sunday.

People objected to to your post
    its a minority of people that watch it,i used to but nobody worth watching in it these days, plus UFC is a hundred times better.

As it contained sentences running down the Wrestling Product due to your personal beliefs rather than things like:
    - it costs a pub a few hundred euro to screen a Sky Box Office event,
    - Its on after closing -meaning there are licensing issues
    - Due to the time live wrestling is on at here (Midnight Sunday PPVs, and RAW at two am Monday nights) there is no market for pubs to show live wrestling.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    A pub would struggle to get enough punters to make it worth screening any of the above if shown on Sky Box Office, at midnight, on a Sunday.

People objected to to your post

As it contained sentences running down the Wrestling Product due to your personal beliefs rather than things like:
    - it costs a pub a few hundred euro to screen a Sky Box Office event,
    - Its on after closing -meaning there are licensing issues
    - Due to the time live wrestling is on at here (Midnight Sunday PPVs, and RAW at two am Monday nights) there is no market for pubs to show live wrestling.
    fair point but i firmly believe the product is very poor these days, especially when compared to the high of the 'attitude era'. The characters just arent there to attract the floating or lapsed fan in my opinion.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Are you offering the rest of us to host a Wrestlemania party at your place?
    haha no thanks, i think hersefl would suplex me if id a bunch of wrestling fans over at two in the morning on a worknight :D

fair point but i firmly believe the product is very poor these days, especially when compared to the high of the 'attitude era'. The characters just arent there to attract the floating or lapsed fan in my opinion.

I'm not arguing with your opinion - its yours and your entitled to it.

But your opinion in no way helps the OP find out if there is a Pub in Galway showing mania.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I'm not arguing with your opinion - its yours and your entitled to it.

But your opinion in no way helps the OP find out if there is a Pub in Galway showing mania.
    but the general opinion is that there wont be and my points have added to that train of thought.

but the general opinion is that there wont be and my points have added to that train of thought.

General Opinion? The Op doesn't want peoples opinion on if a Pub in Galway will show Wrestlemania or anyone's opinion on Pro Wrestling.

The Op wants to know if there is a pub in Galway showing Wrestlemania.

Do you actually Know if there is a Pub in Galway showing mania? No.

I don't Know of one either so I won't post anything else in this thread to further get away from the OP's question.

well then people should not have posted anything bar that and the opinions of people including me should be removed!!!! But wait that wont happen because as with most things an opinion on a topic drives people to speak/post about it, which then drives chat on the topic. the op will have garnered by now that nowhere is going to be showing it from the answers and suggestions given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I'd pop along if you found one that would and chip in. We tried one in Dublin and it didn't pan out so I doubt Galway would be much better sadly.
    Haven't read any of that Mania meet up thread in a while. I'm guessing the whole thing fell through then??

glenjamin wrote: »
    Haven't read any of that Mania meet up thread in a while. I'm guessing the whole thing fell through then??
    Yep. No place could show it and even then we didn't have enough people booked for the hotel. Only a few people really helped out.

Yep. No place could show it and even then we didn't have enough people booked for the hotel. Only a few people really helped out.
    Where ya watching it then?

glenjamin wrote: »
    Where ya watching it then?
    Dunno. Not arsed to head up to Dublin though.

• Advertisement

Dunno. Not arsed to head up to Dublin though.
    How about Wicklow? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement