Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undertaker vs Triple H (The Forgotton Match)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Yeah they seem to have left it out of all their promo vids....it's a weird one.

I always wondered what would have happened if Chris Benoit had faced Taker at Wrestlemania......Would they be saying Takers streak is 17-0 :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

lol, they can't even say "Tripper vs Taker @ Mania No Holds Barred first time ever" !

bloody hell, the build up has been so crap IMO. It's just not a heated feud. Both are just so matter-of-fact it comes across as they don't particularly care to me.

X7 = awesome.

That said, Taker Trips should be a great match. I just don't know if i'll care because it's going on last at Mania. Feels like it did when Jericho/Trips and Orton/Trips went on last and the crowd couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There was no such match. Taker beat HHH not Triple H. Totally different guy :pac::P

There was no such match. Taker beat HHH not Triple H. Totally different guy :pac::P

HA HA HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That said, Taker Trips should be a great match. I just don't know if i'll care because it's going on last at Mania. Feels like it did when Jericho/Trips and Orton/Trips went on last and the crowd couldn't care less.

Jesus I didn't think theyed have it on last,That'll suck...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

So it is 16-0 then?

According to our Sheamus that match stole the show. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I think it'll be a very good match too. I'm Taker's biggest fan but even i can admit that the buildup has been shít. It's almost as if they are saying that "it doesn't matter what the buildup is like, we're going to steal the show at WM, so you shouldn't care"

If that makes any sense.

I think the reason they're not acknowledging that match is probably because the Undertaker was alive back then, and had a personality. To show the undertaker in such a light now could probably cause people to question the factual nature of his death.

I mean, lets be fair, if it were discovered that the Undertaker was, dare I say it, actually alive right now, surely it'd bring him into disrepute and company officials would have to be seen to take action against him for grossly misleading the fans and company management.

I belive Undertaker used the fact that he was dead as a unique selling point when his contract negotiating came up not too long ago? He used it as a way to get more money and a less intensive schedule?

Or I could be talking bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I think the reason they're not acknowledging that match is probably because the Undertaker was alive back then, and had a personality. To show the undertaker in such a light now could probably cause people to question the factual nature of his death.

I mean, lets be fair, if it were discovered that the Undertaker was, dare I say it, actually alive right now, surely it'd bring him into disrepute and company officials would have to be seen to take action against him for grossly misleading the fans and company management.

I belive Undertaker used the fact that he was dead as a unique selling point when his contract negotiating came up not too long ago? He used it as a way to get more money and a less intensive schedule?

Or I could be talking bollocks.

Talking bollocks.

Did Undertaker use a PowerPoint presentation on Vince or something? USP lol

bradlente wrote: »
    Jesus I didn't think theyed have it on last,That'll suck...
    Yep, it's pretty certain that it'll be on last. Considering that it will probably be the best match, it shouldn't really suck (hopefully)

• Advertisement

drayme wrote: »
    Talking bollocks.

Did Undertaker use a PowerPoint presentation on Vince or something? USP lol

lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvJ28VnYfJvmSqeZpZB7Ewe3M3zL6V0Hi53IGIdqeKEqtdxoVr7w

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

great match, my favorite of that year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This match is a hard one to call, since Triple H is pretty much the heir to the throne (and hasn't jobbed at Wrestlemania since he faced Ultimate Warrior, a match I recommend you watch just for the sheer disgrace of it) and The Undertaker has his unbeaten record - and if I was Mark I'd want to keep it until I reached 20-0 at least

Since Triple H has also lost at Wrestlemania to the Undertaker before (but bloody well tried his best) it's hard to imagine him doing it again, but I can't see it any other way....as much as I want to say The Undertaker will NEVER lose at Wrestlemania you just can't call it with Triple H - and there are few on the roster who could face him in a similar position

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

lol, they can't even say "Tripper vs Taker @ Mania No Holds Barred first time ever" !

They could say NHB 1st time.
    The last one was just a singles match.All the mad stuff happened while the ref was out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Maybe the fact that taker was using the American Badass gimmick at the time is another reason that they are not acknowledging it?

WWEs continual revisionism is plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

In the self destruction of the ultimate warrior hogan talks about his feud with the warrior in wcw. Warrior acknowledges the match they had at wrestlemania and everybody freaked out because he did something as stupid as tell the fans they had already had a match. I guess triple h and undertaker don't want the fans to know they are selling them something that has already happened

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If todays generation don't remember a groundbreaking icon like Grandmaster Sexsay, do you really think they will remember an undercard match from Mania 10 years ago..:pac:

gimmick wrote: »
    Maybe the fact that taker was using the American Badass gimmick at the time is another reason that they are not acknowledging it?

WWEs continual revisionism is plain stupid.

They are showing clips of other matches Taker had in that era when they do a run-down of his Mania matches. It seems to be just that one that is ignored.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah. Case and point, they showed clips of Big Show vs Taker on Raw when Taker was the ABA.

Degag wrote: »
    Yep, it's pretty certain that it'll be on last. Considering that it will probably be the best match, it shouldn't really suck (hopefully)

It's not that I think the match itself will suck,But I'd rather see a fresh match with better build up on last.I thought Cena Miz would get it as its been built up really well.Taker Trip on last just seems anticlimatic to me.All of us here have seen it before and imo,They wont top the last match they had at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Imagine the uproar if trips wins?!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If Trip wins, we riot

CMpunked wrote: »
    Imagine the uproar if trips wins?!
    :eek:
    Imagine the uproar if they booked an original main event for the biggest show of the year!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Proud to say the original happened years before I was into wrestling.

i'm sure tripper and hhh first fought back in ~97 when shawn was feuding with taker. whatcha reckon?

Proud to say the first Mania match I watched after we got Sky was HHH beaten in 2 minutes by the Ultimate Warrior!

i'm sure tripper and hhh first fought back in ~97 when shawn was feuding with taker. whatcha reckon?

I remember this from Raw in 1997. I have a Rainman like memory of wrestling from that era :D

Or how about this from Shotgun Saturday Night....I actually remember watching this as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Your a God against men Parker!

Everybody should listen to Vince's commentary at the end of the Shotgun Saturday Night match and see if they find it funny given our current conversation topic :pac:

Oh and
    They need more Tombstones on escalators :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They had a match a few years ago on Smackdown as well.It was quite good actually and no it was not a clean finish. :pac:

Advertisement