Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offering/Seeking German grinds? Post here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KnocKnocKnock

Hi

I'm looking for German grinds in Drumcondra or the surrounding areas. I have fairly good conversational German but still have difficulty with some areas of basic grammar, so I would be looking for someone who teaches beginners. If anyone's interested please PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carolynmcmahon

My daughter is doing her leaving cert this year and would like help with her oral German exam which is after easter. We live in Tyrellstown and are willing to travel depending on where you are.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Seeking Leaving Cert grind for a fairly fluent but very ungrammatical speaker....Dublin city centre or D6 or D8. pm me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Carlos2406

Seeking Leaving Cert grind for a fairly fluent but very ungrammatical speaker....Dublin city centre or D6 or D8. pm me!
    Hi,

how are you? Are you still looking for German grinds?

Regards
    Uwe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Carlos2406

My daughter is doing her leaving cert this year and would like help with her oral German exam which is after easter. We live in Tyrellstown and are willing to travel depending on where you are.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Hi Carolyn,

are you still looking for German grinds?

Kind regards,
    Uwe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lindabee

Hi,

i am a law student in Dublin, have been studying german for 3 years and living in Germany since last June. I'm coming back to Dublin in a few weeks and will be available to give grinds at reasonable rates. I'm open to doing one-on-one tuition or group sessions, at my house or yours, whichever suits. I'll be living in Dublin about 20 mins walk from Trinity so get in touch if you're interested. I don't have an irish phone right now but my german number's +4917653440563and my email's mcelwelb@tcd.ie

Thanks

Linda

I am based in the mid-louth area and am looking for lessons in German. As I visit the country 3-4 times per year it would be nice to one day have proper conversations with some of my German friends who aren't equipped with the English language. I have very basic German at the moment, from one year's 'study' at school (14 years ago!) and some recent online courses. I am willing to travel within the Louth area if there is anyone available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Linda20

stankratz wrote: »
    I am based in the mid-louth area and am looking for lessons in German. As I visit the country 3-4 times per year it would be nice to one day have proper conversations with some of my German friends who aren't equipped with the English language. I have very basic German at the moment, from one year's 'study' at school (14 years ago!) and some recent online courses. I am willing to travel within the Louth area if there is anyone available?

Hey!

Still looking for a grinds teacher? I'm available, but I live in Dublin city centre. It's kinda unhandy, I know, but maybe we could do a longer class every two or three weeks so the travelling isn't too strenuous. I'd do you a good deal! Let me know what you think. We can negotiate the price. Drop me an email to Modedit email removed, please use pm if you're interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 German Grinds Carlow

German grinds offered in Carlow for 5th and 6th year students.

25 Euro per hour.
    Excellent study notes provided
    Lesson plans to suit students individual needs
    Efficient lesson plans
    Experienced tutor
    Study in my own home but can travel.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hyenabutter

Soon to be 3rd Lvl student, native German speaker(and totally fluent in English if there's any doubt ;)) , have given grinds in Germany already...20 Euro per hour and am situated in Dublin city center, can come to your house as my accommodation is..erm..rather minimal.
    Contact me per pm if you're interested :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 parsonsd

Hi, I'm a trainee teacher offering grinds in German (and Spanish) for 30 euro an hour. I lived in Germany for nearly two years and worked in Berlin and Munich. I have a degree in German and Spanish from DCU. I'm based in Beaumont and can travel. If interested, PM me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GermanGrinds10

GRINDS Junior and Leaving Cert German grinds with fluent German speaker. Help with grammar, written and oral work. Picture sequences and role-plays also done. Pm me if you are interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 martaphal

Hi there,

please mail if you need any help with written / verbal German by native speaker in / around Loughrea; would be happy to help :) rates 15-20 EUR / hr depending on level (ONO).

Marta

• Registered Users Posts: 2 omcco09

hi im looking for german lessons as i wish to go to germany for 2 months at summer and would really like to speak the language as best possible. i have a bit of german vocabulary already but i want to learn more. im am suituated in mid louth area. please reply please

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mr. Pink

looking for german grinds for leaving cert.
    individual grinds at home in swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ronan1905

looking for one on one german grinds for 6th year leaving cert.
    live in palmerstown, willing to travel a reasonable distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mn1985

Hi all,

I am myself half German and am offering German grinds in the South Dublin area. I studied Commerce with German in University, spent a year living in Germany, and currently my entire job is through German.

If you would be interesting in discussing grind times etc, please reply to this thread!

Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RuthMacMahon

What I offer:
    German grinds for all second level students and adult learners in your own home.

Dublin area

Oral and written exam preparation
    Aural – listening help
    Grammar made easy

Grinds tailored to individual needs
    Handy handouts and exercises

About me:
    - Graduated with a BA from Trinity College in 2009 having studied German.

- Teaching and grind experience (both classes and individuals).
    - Lived and worked for over 2 ½ years in Germany
    - Working in a German speaking environment in the Dublin area.
    - 24 years old, enthusiastic, experienced - have taught in several educational settings with adults, teenagers and primary school students. Passionate about languages and culture, conscientious, professional, caring.

Lessons in the comfort of your own home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I am a German native, living in Dublin since September 2004 and fluent in English as well, because I speak English since 1980 and had English included in my A Levels.

I could offer grinds in German from the middle of January on for both students and adult learners, and all over Dublin City...but please not too far away from Dublin 5 ;)

Rates: €20-25 per hour, I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Need a German tutor for Leaving Cert German for a semi-fluent/pigin speaker. Can speak /understand it no problem but knows no grammar. Ok, is fine with tenses & verbs generally but useless with cases. Doesn't know if a table is der, die, or das Tisch. PM me for details! Dublin 8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fuhr

German language tutor needed - Derry area:

I am looking for somebody to teach me German.
    I have studied German for about 4-5 years...but still my skills are not good enough

Looking for 2 hours per week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hi I'm offering German grinds at €15 euro an hour. I got an A2 (HL) in the leaving cert and I'm currently studying it at 3rd level. I can help you with any part of your exams.

I can go anywhere in Dundalk and the surrounding area at weekends, and during the week I can do evening grinds in Dublin or Maynooth or anywhere in between that i.e. Leixlip/Lucan. PM me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 siobhan27

hey, i am a native german, half irish and would like to help you out with your german problems. i gave grinds in german in the past and all students have past so far.
    i would take 20 euro per hour.
    so if you are interested, please contact me.

cheers
    siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 5 german.grinds

German Grinds available in Cork City/County from a first class honours graduate in German from UCC ( with A's in both Junior and Leaving Cert German). I've lived in Germany for two years, including one year teaching in a secondary school there, and am experienced in giving grinds, both to school/college students and also to adults looking to learn German for personal reasons.

Grinds are given in students home, and I'll travel anywhere within 45 minutes drive of Cork city (will also travel longer distances if extra travel costs are paid).

Rate: €25/hour. Group rates available. All levels catered for.
    Contact me by PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chomps1

Ronan1905 wrote: »
    looking for one on one german grinds for 6th year leaving cert.
    live in palmerstown, willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Hi there I live in Maynooth and would be delighted to help you with any aspect of grammar or writing. I can also help you with speaking it. There's not enough of an empasis put on actually speaking the language and the oral is a very important part of your exam. pm if you are interested. I only charge 15E p/h and I live right next door to the campus here in Maynooth.

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 russellmoore

German grinds in spoken and comprehension
    Business german a speciality
    In Dublin 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StefGerman

Native German and living in Ireland since 2004. As an experienced tutor I have helped leaving cert students to be more successful in their oral and written exam. Living in Louth and offer one-to-one tuition in my own home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Silke_Braun

I am Silke and native speaker from Germany. I live in Artane and I am a teacher in education in Germany.
    If you would like me to teach you send me a PM.

Greets Silke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Silke_Braun

I am Silke from Germany, I am native speaker and teacher in education.
    If you would like some German grinds, PM me.

I would charge 35 Euro per hour.

Silke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Hi There,

I'm moving to Berlin in May and I'm looking to learn as much German as I can before I go!

I honoured German in the leaving cert but that was a few years ago now.

I'm a girl living in the city centre and would be happy to do a language exchange or just get grinds.

If anyone out there can help please pm me.

Danke!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement