Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I was hoping that at least one of them would ask Mary about her absolute opposition to the Dublin water supply being supplemented by water from the Shannon, alas......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Infoanon wrote: »
    The only difference was that the John Murray show had a correspondent on who thought Mary was brilliant.....
    That was the most worrying aspect of the Murray interview. She was having a love in with a political correspondent for one of the nationals, once more confirming the view of the cosy relationships between political journalists and politicians. Rotten to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

This woman is a nuisance and is being used by the media as fodder for comedians. She is the Jacky Healy Rae of Westmeath,

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

The Mother Hen is now lecturing bold Bertie about what he said re. Cowen's performance during this crisis.Somebody put the hen and the rodent into a tightly lidded pot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

The Mother Hen is now lecturing bold Bertie about what he said re. Cowen's performance during this crisis.Somebody put the hen and the rodent into a tightly lidded pot!

:D WHICH rodent :confused: --- or all the rodents :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Bertie,the big rat in a pot of chicken broth.Let them stew together.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

She'll be on Newstalk shortly...talking about Brian Cowen and....you're not going to believe this......her Twitter account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Cynical attempt to distance herself further from Cowan... She's gonna lay the boot in at any opportunity especially since the FF parliamentary party voted down her proposal to "re-evaluate the leadership" (i.e. euphemism for GET COWAN OUT) in the new year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Cynical attempt to distance herself further from Cowan... She's gonna lay the boot in at any opportunity especially since the FF parliamentary party voted down her proposal to "re-evaluate the leadership" (i.e. euphemism for GET COWAN OUT) in the new year...

How the electorate would be stupid enough to re-elect this candidate is beyond me:confused:

How the electorate would be stupid enough to re-elect this candidate is beyond me:confused:

Well I would be surprised if she was elected too Flut, but Mayo people vote in Beverly Flynn, and Tipp still votes in Michael Lowry, so nothing surprises me about the electorate... She lost her seat to Donie Cassidy in 2002, and I would reckon the same thing is on the cards again ... not sure if Donie is running, but I'd say she WILL lose her seat either way ... and she wont even have a FF Taoiseach to nominate her to the Seanad seat either.

I think this current Dáil term will be her last ... thank god..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I didn't hear the interview today but this woman called for a meeting on the leadership of FF for early January. What has happened with this aspiration? I hope she was quizzed about this.

What has happened with this aspiration? I hope she was quizzed about this.

Well as I said above, this motion of hers was voted down by the parliamentary party late last year... she was asked about her support today and she disingenuously said "I'm fully behind Brian Cowan as FF leader".. which is a bit rich given her tweet this morning and given that she wanted to have a "discussion of the FF leadership" this month...

Well I would be surprised if she was elected too Flut, but Mayo people vote in Beverly Flynn, and Tipp still votes in Michael Lowry, so nothing surprises me about the electorate... She lost her seat to Donie Cassidy in 2002, and I would reckon the same thing is on the cards again ... not sure if Donie is running, but I'd say she WILL lose her seat either way ... and she wont even have a FF Taoiseach to nominate her to the Seanad seat either.

I think this current Dáil term will be her last ... thank god..

I would not be in the least surprised if she were elected.

Hope you are right.

Well as I said above, this motion of hers was voted down by the parliamentary party late last year... she was asked about her support today and she disingenuously said "I'm fully behind Brian Cowan as FF leader".. which is a bit rich given her tweet this morning and given that she wanted to have a "discussion of the FF leadership" this month...

She gets away with all this because she's an old woman.

Putting my personal views of her aside, it is a bit selfish for her to be running in this campaign and therefore depriving a younger candidate an opportunity to get a foothold on the electorate.

She gets away with all this because she's an old woman.

Putting my personal views of her aside, it is a bit selfish for her to be running in this campaign and therefore depriving a younger candidate an opportunity to get a foothold on the electorate.

It most certainly is.

Hang up the pink crimplene dress Máire, and ride off into the frikken sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

thank god..
    IF there was a god Mr. Healy Rea would not have been elected to represent a part of the county I'm from.

IF there is a god his son will not be elected to represent it either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

dh0661 wrote: »
    IF there was a god Mr. Healy Rea would not have been elected to represent a part of the county I'm from.

I was under the impression Mr Healy Rae thinks he is God.

Both of them. Father and Son.

The electorate of Kerry form the third part of the trinity.

They're full of unholy spirits. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

what have you got against jesus !

:)

on the OP.

Mary on pat kenny now, after being on newstalks breakfast show too. bleeding everywhere.

sometimes i start to think she's the only person IN FF !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Mary's crowbarring in as much media attention time as possible before she is cast into the political wilderness in March. Watch her pop up everywhere in the next couple of months....and then never heard of again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Her FF rival in Athlone Kevin 'Boxer' Moran has resigned from the party and is going to stand as an independent, he stood against her for the nomination in 2007 and lost. FF and FG typically run three candidates each in Longford-Westmeath and they are almost always from Athlone, Mullingar and Longford which gives the maximum geographic spread so unless Mary stood aside Boxer had no chance of getting nominated, now it looks like he's going to give it a go anyway but as an independent, he will probably ruin Mary's chances of being re-elected.

http://www.westmeathindependent.ie/news/roundup/articles/2011/01/14/4002599-boxer-to-run-as-independent/

People in Athlone are now saying that the town vote will be split three ways: Boxer, Mary O'R and Senator Nicky McFadden (FG) which carries the real risk that the town will end up with no TD at all, something that happened from 2002 to 2007 when Donie Cassidy 'borrowed' Mary's seat!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

I don't Jesus Christ is due to run in Kerry South in the upcoming election but if he did you can't write off a miracle result.

Not a peep out of herself today or yesterday. Bit of a coward.

Very true.. She's spineless.. I assume from all her bladdering on before Christmas that she's in the Anti Cowan Fáil camp.. Or maybe Auntie is the more relevant word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She was announced as being on some programme on radio one (can'te remember which one) but luckily i missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She's on Pat Kenny on Radio One now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

The scratched record is on PK now. Yawn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

On PK now.

The silence was too good to last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

She's intolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

On the PK show.

She's a real snake in the grass, she's defending Cowen now. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with your nephew's decision, no?

Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

She is on PK now. Such waffle. She says it too late to change leader despite the election not being for over 2 months. This is the same women who claimed last year that the issue of leadership should be discussed in early Jan up the return (ie, last week) which is exactly what happened. She is now saying it's too late? I bet if it was Brian Lenihan challenging and not Martins should certainly wouldn't have such a view.:rolleyes:

Advertisement