Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Castletown to Nenagh

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

JayeL wrote: »
    Sean O'Neill of the NRA was live on Newstalk 5 minutes ago and said the M7 IS opening tomorrow.

The NRA must be a circus because that guys a clown.
    They can't get the salt stocks ordering right, let alone anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

is that the Provisional NRA or the Real NRA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

RTE website says the road is opening tomorrow minus the opening ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

Good news, looks like RTÉ screwed up. Here's a correction from their website (original emphasis):
    1827 The NRA has informed us that the new section of the M7 will, in fact, open as previous planned tomorrow, without the ceremony though.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1221/weather.html

A motorway opening without the ribbon-cutting, speech-making, time-wasting photo opportunity. Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 acorn1984

Ah sweet :D Might attempt taking the car to the airport after all. Cheers for the updates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blackwarrior

Furet wrote: »
    I stopped at Junction 24 (Nenagh East) at 7pm tonight and a couple of Motorway Maintenance employees confirmed the opening tomorrow for 1pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

1 pm is that official?? leaving dub bout 9 in morning, would be half tempted to leave later just so i can by pass the old road.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Ahh, so no farewell photoshoot for Noel:rolleyes:
    Bet he's raging about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I'd say he was trying to avoid being hit with yellow snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 solidwork

great news early christmas present:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

How do the substandard junctions on the M7 compare to the Maynooth junction on the M4?

Are the on slips very short or is it just the tight turns?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

recyclebin wrote: »
    yellow snow.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Every road should be opened, when it's ready, without any ceremony.

Just open the thing for God's sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Every road should be opened, when it's ready, without any ceremony.

Just open the thing for God's sake!

Look at the bright side: this time we won't be told it's ahead of schedule and under budget by some greasy gombeen more interested in lining his own pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

corktina wrote: »
    is that the Provisional NRA or the Real NRA?
    Politics is Provisional in this country. Have you ever tried getting a real answer? Nothing in this country is straight forward nor the answers Real. So your Answer is neither Provisional nor Real NRA but Temporary & Misguided NRA since they are neither real nor Politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

A motorway opening without the ribbon-cutting, speech-making, time-wasting photo opportunity. Excellent! :D
    No Transport Minister Propaganda with smiles :eek:. What the country coming to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

People need to remember though that that Plaque has to be officially "cut" at some stage so expect the Motorway to close for a few hours at some stage in the new year.

Going to open at noon according to the Irish Times:
    The final section of the long-awaited M7 motorway from Dublin to Limerick is to open to motorists at noon today.

The official ceremony had to be abandoned because of the weather.

The M7 motorway scheme is the last element of the Government’s €18 billion plan to link regional cities to the capital.

The Government had initially planned to have all these major inter-urban motorways completed by 2006. This was amended to 2010 in the National Development Plan 2007-2013.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1222/breaking10.html

90 minutes to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭easytiger!

Just came up from Limerick, still closed but plenty of activity at the Nenagh and Moneygall interchanges, and the snowplough/gritter was out at the Borris interchange clearing the outside lane for traffic coming from the Dublin direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I'll be extra happy when I read the first post confirming Motorway is open :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 mcgeebers

Wishing all you N7 users a happy switchover to the new M7. God bless your patience. Sainthoods will be conferred in the New Year.

Let's hope we get to post comments about some new projects next year (Gort - Tuam, Belturbet Bypass, Newlands, etc.).

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭uncanny

Go wan the M7

Thank God they've finished it before the country goes broke

Now open according to the IT http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1222/breaking10.html

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D:D:D

The motorway/dual-carriageway network between Dublin and the regional cities is finally complete.

And less than four years after the first scheduled completion date of 31.12.2006! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blackwarrior

mcgeebers wrote: »
    Wishing all you N7 users a happy switchover to the new M7. God bless your patience.
    Merry Christmas!

I'm a Limerick-Portlaoise daily commuter. Today is BIG. I've discovered that there is one thing slower than watching a kettle boil.

Now, all I have to do is wait until March - when I'll get a chance to see it in daylight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

It is done :)

fireworks1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CANT WAIT TO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE WEATHER IN DUBLIN I WOULD BE ON IT TOMMOROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS TO ALL THE HARD WORKING CONSTRUCTION STAFF
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE THEY ALL GOT THEIR CHRISTMAS BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

It is done :)

fireworks1.jpg

Thanks be to fcuk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Happy days, a straight run at it now on Christmas eve and again st stephens day....Time to unfollow thread and a big thank you to everyone who kept this thread up and running, without you we wouldn't have had a clue what was going on and what stages it was at. Once again Thank you All :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,482 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah its been an eventful few months! I've been lurking, but following with interest. Thanks to the photographers, and to Furet for keeping on top of the many many thread title changes. :D

Can't wait to give the road a spin tomorrow as far as Portlaoise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Great day. Roads forum will never be as active again after this though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement