Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will FiveHD, C4HD,etc make the irish epg?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

As per the title, when will sky add Five HD, Fiver, Five US, ITV3/4HD & C4HD to the irish epg?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

As per the title, when will sky add Five HD, Fiver, Five US, ITV3/4HD & C4HD to the irish epg?:confused:

Probably never, they aren't even FTA, adding them to the EPG is a whole other issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

as gtg said. never i would say. we cant even get bbc one hd.... but were paying for the itv hd 2 3 and 4. all part of the subs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

but were paying for the itv hd 2 3 and 4. all part of the subs
    If I understand you right, we should be getting these then?:confused:

Someone told me that they were getting all these channels recently (with and irish sky sub) - hence the question.

you can get them on other channels but cannot get itv 2 3 or 4 hd even if you have the hd subs as they wont put them on the irish epg. even though sky are paying itv part of the subs to have them exclusively on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

is it possible to get bbc hd on freesat or any hd channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 whitealbum

I'm not one for making these sort of suggestions however this whole situation with the HD channels (and other missing channels) is really pi**ing me off.

Does anyone think a petition to Sky would be of any benefit? Probably not, but would like to get other opinions.

I would just like to see:-

BBC 1 HD
    BBC 3 SD
    BBC 4 SD

Channel 4 HD

ITV 1 HD (or at least the SD version of UTV)
    ITV 2 HD
    ITV 3 HD
    ITV 4 HD

In fairness we all know Sky offer a far superior TV package than UPC (except broadband and phones etc offered by UPC) but I really feel the ROI customers are being treated bad.

Any opinions guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

horse7 wrote: »
    is it possible to get bbc hd on freesat or any hd channels.
    BBC HD, BBC 1HD and ITV1HD are FTA and are therefore available on any HD satellite receiver, including Freesat HD.

on sky we already have BBC HD but the bbc wont put BBC one HD on the irish epg so we cant record that one. you can manually add ITV 1 HD but you cant add the others as they have a SR of 29500 which sky wont allow you to enter on your HD box. they have us by the balls. channel 4hd we dont have but we have E4 HD. another mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭lgs 4

two anwser, first ,never with sky, second , pay more for your hd package :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

CH4HD - maybe. The others, not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭lgs 4

JDxtra wrote: »
    CH4HD - maybe. The others, not a chance.
    yes ch4 hd for freesat but i think it will be red button job like itv hd two years ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

whitealbum wrote: »
    I'm not one for making these sort of suggestions however this whole situation with the HD channels (and other missing channels) is really pi**ing me off.

Does anyone think a petition to Sky would be of any benefit? Probably not, but would like to get other opinions.

I would just like to see:-

BBC 1 HD
    BBC 3 SD
    BBC 4 SD

Channel 4 HD

ITV 1 HD (or at least the SD version of UTV)
    ITV 2 HD
    ITV 3 HD
    ITV 4 HD

In fairness we all know Sky offer a far superior TV package than UPC (except broadband and phones etc offered by UPC) but I really feel the ROI customers are being treated bad.

Any opinions guys?

Annoys me too - my neighbours can RECORD ITV2 / 3 / 4 AND BBC 3 / 4 on their UPC box but I can't on my Sky HD box.

The BBC could easily move BBC1 / 2 to 115 / 116 and add BBC 3 / 4 to 141 / 142 on the Irish EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Annoys me too - my neighbours can RECORD ITV2 / 3 / 4 AND BBC 3 / 4 on their UPC box but I can't on my Sky HD box.

The BBC could easily move BBC1 / 2 to 115 / 116 and add BBC 3 / 4 to 141 / 142 on the Irish EPG.
    Not sure it's up to the Beeb to locate their stations on the EPG. I think that's down to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There is a documented system for EPG placement, and you can't deviate from it. Channel owners are allowed to swap their own channels around though.

Now that all Irish channels are on DTT I have swapped my Irish Sky subs for UK subs.

Simple process just rang them up and gave them a UK address of a relative, continued to pay on my Irish CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

This is nothing to do with the BBC - this is how Sky a company you pay your good money to choose to run their rip off packages.

I can record all these stations and I dont subscribe to Sky. You do realise that these stations are Free to Air on a Freesat/FTA HD box!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

STB wrote: »
    This is nothing to do with the BBC - this is how Sky a company you pay your good money to choose to run their rip off packages.

I can record all these stations and I dont subscribe to Sky. You do realise that these stations are Free to Air on a Freesat/FTA HD box!

But is there anything actually worth recording on the ITV channels?:D:D
    You can thank TV3 for having no ITV on the EPG over here,heaven forbid we might not watch their quality output in favour of ITV.Most of the stuff watched on the 'English Channels' are the soaps which are on Irish tv anyway,the only thing watched in my house(by the missus) on ITV etc. are the soaps and X Factor.
    It'd still be handy to have them on the EPG. for the odd thing I watch on them but it's not the end of the world that I can't record them.Would like CH4 HD though.

Advertisement