Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis

Options
  • 18-11-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Are the best. Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

at what? trying to sound like the beatles? i think the beatles beat them at that one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Oasis were great in the 90's. They slowly fizzled out though. I could never get the beatles comparrison though, as a big listener of both bands.

What oasis and beatles songs sound the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Oasis are the best... band to ever release an album called Definitely Maybe.

They are also shee-ite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Certainly one of my all time favourite bands, along with the Beatles. Fail to see how they are trying to sound like the Beatles though?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Yeah they dont sound like The Beatles at all. Ok fair enough Liam trys to copy his style (the beige lennon hat springs to mind) but there music isnt like The Beatles at all.

Whoever thinks they are a copy of The Fab Four, please give us an example to back up your argument...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

best band arguably in the last 20 years fact

live forever
    ricero

p.s beady eye will dominate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Guill wrote: »
    What oasis and beatles songs sound the same?

All Around The World (Hey Jude)
    Whatever (Eleanor Rigby....ish)
    The middle section of Born On A Different Cloud (Happiness Is A Warm Gun)

Thats about it. Beatles comparison always puzzled me too, sound more like Stone Roses or something a lot heavier. Beatles were pop, Oasis werent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

ricero wrote: »

live forever
    ricero

p.s. beady eye are a the festering pus-filled boil that is tangled up in the arse hair of humanity. Liam Gallagher is 3% retard and 94% grissle. The rest of him is made up of knob.

Beady Eye? Brown Eye more like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

live forever
    ricero

oxymoron?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Oasis are pretty fantastic i must say. Noel Gallagher is a genius. Had the privilege of seeing them in Slane in 09, it was epic. Kasabian are probably the only band since imo, that are a good rock band, too much pop crap these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I'm Outta Time directly steals the piano from John Lennon's "Jealous Guy"! Huge fan of both bands, have Oasis first 4 albums on Creation and also have the remastered Beatles box set of all the albums.

I never overly got the Beatles comparison though, both were the bands of the generation I suppose. Noel's tongue in cheek use of the intro to Imagine gave the anti-Oasis brigade some ammunition. The first album had far more of a punk/Stone Roses feel about it. The second album had... well it had an Oasis feel to it. Oasis attempted to sound like it on the majority of the songs after MG, apart from a few psychedelic moments here and there.

Looking forward to God's solo career, which should be starting very soon.

Fair enough with Imagine and the Whatever points. They are ripped off, I think half of it is the Gallaghers being ***** and thinking they can get away with it, which is pretty hilarious.

After that they couldnt sound any less like The Beatles. A guy said that Whatever = Eleanor Rigby. Seriosuly that is insane man, I read somewhere that Eleanor Rigby has no genre?

I like all the albums, Be Here Now is a classic, although it is definetly way too long (airplanes taking off haha). The Masterplan is amazing.

And I agree with Liam, the are the biggest British band after The Beatles.

Looking forward to God's solo career, which should be starting very soon.

He said it would be a while, he just had a kid. I read that their old manager listened to a few tunes and they are supposed to be amazing.

Haha the snaked was probably holding back all his classics the last few years and saving them for the solo career he knew would eventually come around :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

live forever
    ricero

Have you listened to any of their stuff? I havent had the chance to listen to it. Oasis-esque or is it a totally new sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

VW 1 wrote: »
    Have you listened to any of their stuff? I havent had the chance to listen to it. Oasis-esque or is it a totally new sound?

If you sign up on the site you can d/l the new single free.

Its the biggest pile of complete sheeeeeeiiiiiiite I've heard in a long time.

Seriously, completely crap.

The song is crap, I think there might 4 lyrics in it, melody is crap, and its completely under produced.

Rubbish.

Oh, nothing like Oasis at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Darraghnormal

I love oasis, and the beatles, the riff at the end off the turning is actually the riff from dear prudence, more or less, listen to the rapture its EXACTLY the same as some doors tune, ye could pick away at bands ripping other bands off for hours, they still sold millions of albums.

Beady eye are dire, i was very very dissapointed with that new single, pray the album has something more to offer.

I love oasis, and the beatles, the riff at the end off the turning is actually the riff from dear prudence, more or less, listen to the rapture its EXACTLY the same as some doors tune, ye could pick away at bands ripping other bands off for hours, they still sold millions of albums.

Beady eye are dire, i was very very dissapointed with that new single, pray the album has something more to offer.

They were never gonna give their best tune away for free. Its just a marketing stunt to get the bands name out there.

Ye i just hope the album sounds a bit more produced, it sounds like the drums are being played with empty tins of beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Live4Ever wrote: »
    They were never gonna give their best tune away for free. Its just a marketing stunt to get the bands name out there.

Gets thename out there. But how many people might hear it and just say 'they're crap'. and never bother listening to them again, and never buying an album.

Marketing FAIL. Getting the bands name out is easy. They should be concentrating on keeping people interested, aso releasing a good song would be step 1.

Gets thename out there. But how many people might hear it and just say 'they're crap'. and never bother listening to them again, and never buying an album.

Marketing FAIL. Getting the bands name out is easy. They should be concentrating on keeping people interested, aso releasing a good song would be step 1.

Well put.

• Advertisement

Fair point.

Although its early days yet, we've only heard one tune. Lets make our minds uo when the album is released. Mad fer it!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Joseph...

i was at oasis in slane 2 years ago....was brilliant but my vote would have to go either chillis or coldplay as being the best over last while....or maybe even U2 before their last album!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Live4Ever wrote: »
    A guy said that Whatever = Eleanor Rigby. Seriosuly that is insane man, I read somewhere that Eleanor Rigby has no genre?

Nope, thats not what I said, I said they were a bit alike, heavily string laden and all. Eleanor Rigby is baroque pop genre according to wikipedia, sounds about right to me. Noel said himself that Whatever is their most Beatles soundling song (apart from All Around The World)

i think theres a lot of any one but oasis fans in this thread fact of the matter is they have been the most successful band in the past 20 years. i had the pleasure of seeing them at slane and it was a great experience one of the best days of my life.
    people bashing beady eye already the new song bring the light i admit is not the best tune out there but its better then half the **** being released by so called rock bands in the past year. i guarantee you the album will be a belter and beady eye will be mega because **** it i wouldn't bet against liam g hes a fukin messiah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

p.s. beady eye are a the festering pus-filled boil that is tangled up in the arse hair of humanity. Liam Gallagher is 3% retard and 94% grissle. The rest of him is made up of knob.

Beady Eye? Brown Eye more like.

Not a fan ?

s8n wrote: »
    Not a fan ?

dont mind that lad he probably thinks razorlight are better then oasis hes defiantly a anybody but oasis fan

live forever

ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ye i just hope the album sounds a bit more produced, it sounds like the drums are being played with empty tins of beans.
    I think it's produced to sound a certain way. I like the sound of it but in typical Gallagher brother's style, the lyrics are woeful!

dont mind that lad he probably thinks razorlight are better then oasis hes defiantly a anybody but oasis fan

live forever

ricero

You think I like razorlight? Uh, that hurts. Oasis had one or two okay songs and Noel was/is a decent enough interviewee but Liam Gallagher made being a complete spanner something people aspire too. How? Obviously if looking at monkey boy singing Status Quo songs floats your boat I'm happy for you but celebrating Dad Rock as something positive is insane. Maybe, just maybe, not being shackled to his tit of a brother might help Noel Gallagher to produce something fresh and interesting. Stranger things have happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 KeepOnRunning

lordgoat wrote: »
    oxymoron?

how come a moderator is allowed to insult people like that but if it was anyone else they would be banned?

• Advertisement

how come a moderator is allowed to insult people like that but if it was anyone else they would be banned?

Seriously, do you even know what an oxymoron is?

Advertisement