Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription glasses with coating $9.99

Options
  • 20-10-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭

Just got this in an email and thought someone on here might like it. This is from Goggles4U and is valid for 72 hours Code YR54DU

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Ahh just ordered at 4.30 having done a good google for codes.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

thanks for that, just ordered a pair for a tenner all in (including shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Me too... looks like it's not a single use coupon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Anyone know what 'PD' means in the order box? Can't find it on my prescription? My total is working out at $14.98 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Are you guys getting a decent selection ?

I seem to only have 3 available, and none of them look great.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what 'PD' means in the order box? Can't find it on my prescription? My total is working out at $14.98 :confused:

Pupillary Distance. The distance from each pupil to the bridge of your nose.
    +/- a few mil won't make a difference unless you have really bad astigmatism. If the cyl and axis are both none or reasonable small, you probably don't have to worry about it all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

The email I got from them says "Select any frame of $4.99 + 1.56 CR Lenses" and use that code. However it sneakily has + 4.99 Shipping is smaller writing. So its really $14.98. Still a good price if you can find a nice 4.99 pair. There are loads when I look but as I have big noggin theres little choice for me.

gerryk wrote: »
    +/- a few mil won't make a difference unless you have really bad astigmatism. If the cyl and axis are both none or reasonable small, you probably don't have to worry about it all that much.

Thanks, do I have to measure myself? Is it the same as 'Aided VA' on my prescription or is that something completely different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Could do with a spare pair of glasses but when I looked at my prescription it says sphere -300, cyl +200. This is way off the scale on the chart, or is it -3.00 and +2.00? My vision just needs correction, I'm not nearly blind. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thanks, do I have to measure myself? Is it the same as 'Aided VA' on my prescription or is that something completely different?
    PD is hard to measure yourself, if you've ever bought prescription glasses anywhere, you can ring them and they should have it on file. My actual prescription doesn't have my PD on it.
    Also http://www.goggles4u.com/pd.asp
    bmaxi wrote: »
    Could do with a spare pair of glasses but when I looked at my prescription it says sphere -300, cyl +200. This is way off the scale on the chart, or is it -3.00 and +2.00? My vision just needs correction, I'm not nearly blind. :)

hmm.. is that for one eye or what way is it written?
    edit http://www.goggles4u.com/fit.asp step 2

• Advertisement

The likelihood is it's -2.00 rather than -200

star-pants wrote: »
    PD is hard to measure yourself, if you've ever bought prescription glasses anywhere, you can ring them and they should have it on file. My actual prescription doesn't have my PD on it.
    Also http://www.goggles4u.com/pd.asp

Thanks! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anyone else getting "500 - Internal server error." when they try log on to goggles4u. Its the only site it happens on and happens with both 3 bb and Eircom bb over a period of three months. Hate missing out on a bargin. Cheers Joe :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Thanks OP, just got a decent pair of prescription sunglasses for $20!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Grand Total: $19.98 :cool:

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

gerryk wrote: »
    Eh.....no. It's the distance between your pupils!

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Eh.....no. It's the distance between your pupils!

Apologies. You're right

Great deal - got 3 pairs for family members for less than $42 (= just over €30 per xe.com).

Thanks, OP!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Many thanks OP, just ordered a pair of reading glasses that I badly need for $15. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Are you guys getting a decent selection ?

I seem to only have 3 available, and none of them look great.

I chose a 4.95 and a 9.95 pair and it gave me a discount of $30 - still had to pay for shipping. Great deal though. I ordered two pairs off zenni optical last week and ordered two off this site yesterday - hopefully one or two pairs suits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Have to say, very impressed with this. I ordered two pairs on 22/10, chose express delivery as there was only one charge and they arrived by DHL today. Prescription is perfect, how they'll stand up to the abuse I usually dish out, only time will tell, but at the price, unbeatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I've ordered from this crowd before, first pair lasted from June 09 to recently, only the fact they'd gotten quite scratched made me buy a new pair. Got them only a week or two ago, grand, a fraction of the price I'd pay in the shops here so I think getting over a year is pretty darn good.

3 pairs arrived (from Pakistan) today. Everyone happy with their specs.... :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Are this actual glasses or the frames??

Frames and prescription lenses. I'd say the offer is well finished by now, but you could try googling for a newer discount code. Even without the discount, they are still good value compared to prices here.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

New code 73RRHG. Just picked up yet another pair for €12.22 delivered... :cool:

These guys are the business! Ordered 3 sets of glasses 2 weeks ago and they arrived in lightning fast time! Fantastic quality and €35 for all 3 including shipping :D Just ordered another pair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

Can I ring Specsavers and ask them to send me my prescription in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Yeah Specsavers will fax you the prescription if you ring and ask.

I got my two pairs of glasses - one is massive and the arms on the other pair are too short but may be able to do something if I remove the nose pads.

i found the glasses I ordered from zennioptical recently to be much better quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The code "goggles4u" will also knock $20 off any order

Advertisement