Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' back on October 21st

• 05-10-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Still with a distinct lack of Simon Amstell however! :(

Starts on BBC2 on October 21st (a fortnight on Thursday). Not much news from the new season bar this:
    Comic Jack Dee apparently almost made Jedward cry during filming for the latest series of Never Mind The Buzzcocks, because he taunted them so much. BBC bosses are now considering how much editing is needed before they can air the footage without causing offence.

The Beeb - if you're reading this, edit absolutely nothing! :D

EDIT: He apparently called them "a special needs versions of each other" - yikes! :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    The Beeb - if you're reading this, edit absolutely nothing! :D

Ditto. Messing with the guests is always the best part.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

See the edit above for what set them off.. apparently!

I'm all for "good ol' fashioned ribbing".. but sounds like he might have went a bit too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

EDIT: He apparently called them "a special needs versions of each other" - yikes! :eek:

Brilliant lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I hope Noel Fielding is still on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Apparently (cant remember where I read it) even the crowd began to turned against Dee towards the end of the show, and they wouldn't be typical Jedward fans.

Could still be a great ep if they show it unedited, but knowing the Beeb, I wouldn't be surprised if they just pulled the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lack of Amstell makes it very hard to get too excited for this again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Unfair to Special needs people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,730 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

remember yerman jupitus was giving out about this kind of thing

Bump for reminder..

.. this is back tonight at 11.20pm on BBC2 NI (or 10pm if you've BBC2 London in your EPG).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

11.20?

That's way past my bedtime :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

As much as I love Noel Fielding, no Simon is gonna be hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So who is presenting now or is it guests?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

11.20? So much for an early night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The guy with the dog haircut was hilarious

Terrible episode, but Paul Foot was fantastic!

Ronson always come across as a royal arsehole, and Fielding wasn't really on form... and Jupitus, well, he rarely is decent.

Am pretty sure there's an Irish guest host at some stage.. one of my mates heard it on the radio. I asked who but he couldn't remember.. surely we can probably narrow it down to Andrew Maxwell / Jarlath Regan / Dermot Whelan / Neil Delamere / Colin Murphy / David O Doherty or Ed Byrne?

Terrible episode, but Paul Foot was fantastic!

Ronson always come across as a royal arsehole, and Fielding wasn't really on form... and Jupitus, well, he rarely is decent.

Am pretty sure there's an Irish guest host at some stage.. one of my mates heard it on the radio. I asked who but he couldn't remember.. surely we can probably narrow it down to Andrew Maxwell / Jarlath Regan / Dermot Whelan / Neil Delamere / Colin Murphy / David O Doherty or Ed Byrne?

Heard it on 2fm today, tis Dermot O'Leary.(Ntt sure if he really counts as Irish tbh)

EDIT: Actually... I think his name may have just been mentioned along with the actual Irish guest host, but i've just got mixed up...

Oh... he heard this a week or two back, and he was sure it was an Irish comedian.

But he couldn't remember, so he probably was mistaken.

EDIT: On the plus side, Frankie Boyle is hosting at some stage, as is Terry Wogan and Jack Dee: http://www.gigwise.com/news/58915/Mark-Ronson-Terry-Wogan-To-Host-Never-Mind-The-Buzzcocks

Well, Google has failed me. :(

Terry Wogan maybe? I know he's defo a host this season.

Yeah, it might be Wogan.

I know Catherine Tate is hosting next week. Other rumoured hosts are Josh Groban, Tim Minchin, Robert Webb and Tim Westwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

God, I can't stand Catherine Tate.I'd love to see David o Doherty on it again though, but English people always pronounce Doherty Dockertee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Paul Foot was clearly the saviour of that, more of him please. Noel's been eating more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    God, I can't stand Catherine Tate.
    I couldn't stand her, but then I watched her in 'Doctor Who' for a season..

.. I have a new found respect for her. She's a cracking little actress, shame her comedy is muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Messing with the guests is always the best part.

I used to like the show years ago when Mark Lamarr hosted, but I think it's just become nasty.

Lamarr was well able to rib the guests but the whole premise now seems to be to try to humiliate rather than just take the p1ss.
    Pick a guest(s)...generally the predictably easy target...and just hammer them at every opportunity, with everyone joining in. Real school yard bully stuff.

Apparently even Phil Jupitus thought it was going too far, when Simon Amstell hosted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Cole wrote: »
    I used to like the show years ago when Mark Lamarr hosted, but I think it's just become nasty.

Lamarr was well able to rib the guests but the whole premise now seems to be to try to humiliate rather than just take the p1ss.
    Pick a guest(s)...generally the predictably easy target...and just hammer them at every opportunity, with everyone joining in. Real school yard bully stuff.

Apparently even Phil Jupitus thought it was going too far, when Simon Amstell hosted.
    Ah for me Lamarr < Amstel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

David O'Doherty is presenting afaik, heard him on Phantom saying Noel Fielding kept saving his ass during the awkward silences

phasers wrote: »
    David O'Doherty is presenting afaik, heard him on Phantom saying Noel Fielding kept saving his ass during the awkward silences
    Yeah, i'd say it's possible.

They seem to be getting a couple of the popular guest panelists back as hosts, and he did well on his last appearance on it.

Anyone else watching this? Jack Dee is tearing Jedward apart :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hope I didn't miss too much.

Great line from Katy Brand there, very shocking.

Advertisement