Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Street View Car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Don't get too excited just yet. We had the Red Astra one in Kilkenny City nearly three years ago. Not showing on the map yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Magnus wrote: »
    Google has been known to use a red Astra.

Yeah, but I suspect a few other people might own one too. Just a hunch. (Granted that not so many will own the dalek-ish thing on top.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

BUMP

I saw it on Sea Road at 7.45 this morning.

I nearly crashed trying to dig out my mobile to a take a photo of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Saw it driving through the college yesterday past the civil engineering building heading towards the quad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

ErnieBert wrote: »
    BUMP

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

ErnieBert wrote: »
    BUMP

You in a car with a camera were going to take a picture of another car with a camera. Odd indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dubhghaillix

I saw it heading towards Salthill along the Knocknacara rd. yesterday at around 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I saw it heading towards Salthill along the Knocknacara rd. yesterday at around 4.

It was in Salthill this morning, about 10:15hrs. came from the direction of the Warwick hotel, went towards the waterfront hotel before i lost sight of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Spotted it this morning at about 10:00am heading for Furbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

The Street View car is on the move again, was spotted passing Ballyloughane beach an hour or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Saw it in Knocknacarra half an hour or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Anyone know when this will be up on Google maps, I spotted it in Cybaun and gave it a thumbs up a few weeks ago!:D

The Street View car is on the move again, was spotted passing Ballyloughane beach an hour or so ago.

... I hope it was there during the night. That would certainly be something to see - all the shocked faces and naked body parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Looks like Google's street maps are due to go live some time today (as of 11am not seeing any changes yet on maps.google.ie)

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/18002-google-to-launch-street/

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Still not live yet (12:40 Irish time).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Read on After hours it's going live at 4pm or some such.

Street view appears to be up for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Wish I'd killed the weeds out the front of the house that day :D

Have to say - pretty cool.

Right now I'm in my bedroom looking into my bedroom to see if you can see me.

There's something weird about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I can see my house:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cisco27

found myself twice on it, in Limerick and Galway...shame they block out the faces

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

does anyone know what dates they did galway.i cant find my car anywhere, not at work, not at college, not at home, im determined to find it.:D

edit:cue smart arse showing croc at halting site in 5,4,3....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I found my car at an address I had 2009 so I guess it was that summer sometime.

i asked this in the other thread as well, maybe it should be merged.does anyone know what dates they were in galway, i can see that there was local election campaign posters up, so it was probably around may or june of last year, can anyone be a bit more exact

there seems to be a black spot around blackrock in salthill, or maybe its just my computer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If I could search my posts further back than the most recent 500, I could locate the date I saw it on the Dublin Rd, by the post office. I made a shortcut to Google maps around then, to make it easy to check if it was live yet, the shortcut was created 24/6/09. However I'm nowhere to be seen on StreetView :-(( , maybe they went back after the works on Dublin Rd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

There are Ocean Race posters up around shop street if that's any help...

Also look at the docks.. if you go towards sheridan's and look over to the race village there's a marquee up but then when you go to the site itself it's just wasteland..

One more hint.. Just remembered the countdown clock on the aquarium and it says 0 days left to ocean race so it must have been sometime after the race

Edit again... The speakers are still up along the prom from the ocean race time so basically it was sometime in or around those dates

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

I can't see anything of streetview on google maps, has anybody else seen something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I found my house, and spotted my mum and the neighbour out in the garden yapping!! Hilarious!

It must have been before the schools closed, as there are tonnes of school age kids in the estate where I live, and not one is in the shot; one little lad who is only about three so not at school!

Advertisement