Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Godwins Law?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have been reading Boards for a long time now (only bothered recently actually creating an account).

I have read many a thread which has been declared over after someone implementing Godwons Law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

""As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

But after reading more and more I think their should be a Godwins law sub-clause:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler or the 9/11 attacks approaches 1."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

You just wasted 4 seconds of my life with that.

I hope you're very fucking happy with yourself.

Nazi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

9/11 attacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

gtfo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

But... Godwins is named after Godwin... and he predates 9/11....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The nazis did 9/11

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Homer

Aghhh where's my tinfoil hat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

The nazis did 9/11

No the Nazis were trying to prevent it because everybody knows the Jews did it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

What about the 'Gibson Law' ?

""As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the 'Jews' doing it approaches 1."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

brool story co

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If you live by Murphy's law, you'll never be disappointed.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving California or Arnold Schwarzenegger approaches termination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Craven99 wrote: »
    I have been reading Boards for a long time now (only bothered recently actually creating an account).

Well I'm delighted you did. This thread is excellent & highly amusing. Well played, sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

brool story co

Will people stop saying that? (and its original arrangement)

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nulty wrote: »

Go with the flow bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Riveting tale chap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Glorious exposition, comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

you are all worse than hitler!!!!! :mad:

sheesh wrote: »
    you are all worse than hitler!!!!! :mad:

Sugoi monogatari onii-chan! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Surely the more common current Godwins law involves blaming the bankers for all your current ills?

Bonza yarn, mate! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Spiffing thread old bean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

All of these internet trends are ****ing annoying. It doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look like a sad bastard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Any reference to the flying spaghetti monster in any thread on religion should be one.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

RonMexico wrote: »
    All of these internet trends are ****ing annoying. It doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look like a sad bastard.

not really, crying about what other people do makes you look like a sad bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    not really, crying about what other people do makes you look like a sad bastard.
    Doing both of those things makes people seem like sad bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Craven99 wrote: »

I have read many a thread which has been declared over after someone implementing Godwons Law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

""As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

But after reading more and more I think their should be a Godwins law sub-clause:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler or the 9/11 attacks approaches 1."

So will we call it Allahwin's law?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Terry wrote: »
    Doing both of those things makes people seem like sad bastards.

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving sad bastards approaches 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

brool story co

Oh how i love fails.

Quazzie wrote: »
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving sad bastards approaches 1

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving comparisons approaches 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving comparisons approaches 1.

As an comparison grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving comparisons approaches 1.

Advertisement