Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

When's season 3 out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

jayteecork wrote: »
    When's season 3 out?
    According to IMDB season 3 will start airing in September 2010. This is in line with the starts of seasons 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,632 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Five-time Emmy winner and Oscar nominee Hal Holbrook will join the cast of Sons of Anarchy in a recurring role during Season 3, FX announced.
    Holbrook will play Nate Madock, the father of Gemma Teller (Katey Sagal). Madock is an 80-year-old man who has mid-stage Alzheimer's and spends his days in bed watching old Westerns.
    He and Gemma, who ended Season 2 as a fugitive, reconnect by coincidence, according to FX's announcement. Holbrook will appear in four episodes, including the Season 3 premiere.
    Production on the 13-episode third season begins Friday, and Season 3 is slated to premiere in September.
    Holbrook's career spans more than five decades. He is best known for his Emmy winning work in the The Bold Ones: The Senator, Pueblo and the miniseries Lincoln. In 2007 he was nominated for a best supporting actor Oscar for his role in Into the Wild. Holbrook's wife, Dixie Carter, died earlier this month from complications arising from endometrial cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 callaway92..

When is this back on bravo my mum was asking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

When is this back on bravo my mum was asking ?
    Wednesday 10pm
    DRAMA: Sons of Anarchy
    On: Bravo (123)
    Date: Wednesday 28th April 2010 (starting in 5 days)
    Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

Albification. Series 2, episode 1.
    New and exclusive premiere of the second series of the gritty US drama from the creator of The Shield. The Sons of Anarchy, a violent motorcycle gang, protects the small town of Charming, but now white supremacists are targeting SAMCRO. Contains strong violence.
    (2009)

Starring: Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Henry Rollins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=242710

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

That season finale was the most far fetched TV show I've ever seen since the A-Team.

I know it's fiction, but Christ they're really asking the audience to stretch their imaginations to believe all that.

don't think I'll be watching it for the 3rd season.(well I will, just not downloading the episodes as soon as they're avilable like I would do with a show I'm into)

But they ride Motorcycles! And wear bandanas! What's not to love? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

But they ride Motorcycles! And wear bandanas! What's not to love? :P

This is very true!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mod edit: Please do not ask for links. Thanks.

Katey Sagal has been outstanding in Season 2 she deserves an Emmy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just watched season 1 and 2 in about 5 days, thought it was great and can't wait for season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Just watched season 1 and 2 in about 5 days, thought it was great and can't wait for season 3.

some ppl do mini marathons you do SOA marathons

• Registered Users Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Why don't more people watch this!! It's like the Sopranos except instead of boring therapy chatting sessions, there are guns, bikes and a whole lot of testosterone!

Was really hesitant to watch this, thought it would be about a bunch of rednecks but it is one of the best shows I have watched in a good while. Great story and each character is so unique, you have to even like the grimy ones like Tig!

Big well done to the creators on this, it deserves a lot more recognition!

The Irish gon get it in Season 3!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It was created by one of the writers on The Shield so it could only be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Just finished a complete series rewatch. Man the season 2 finale is absolutely heartbreaking. I was crying like a baby :(

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yes, good show, they are in the middle of Season 2 across the pond. RTE showing it so late is yet another example of dotty scheduling of decent American shows.

The plot is loosely based on Hamlet (complex father / son relationship, bitchy mom and all that).

In case you're wondering, Sam Crow / SAMCRO is not some mythical member of the club, but an acronym for the club itself (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original Charter).

I saw a documentary recently on either Discovery or The History Channel (can't remember which) about an ATF agent (Billy Queen) who infiltrated and brought down the Mongols bike gang over in the US - SoA instantly came to mind while watching. You can view it on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPEc1awPQ8o&feature=related
    didnt manage to bring down the mongol mc might have jailed some members thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I thought series 2 was pretty good until the last few episodes. It was absolutely ridiculous.
    The whole Clay Vs Jax plot gone out the window wtf!, Opie finds out the truth of his wifes murder and does nothing, again wtf? The IRA guy kidnapping the baby, what the hell were they thinking?!

I just saw the last ep of S2 the other day: absolute cack :eek:
    As noted philosopher R Wiggum once said: "the rats symbolise obviousness" ;)
    For whatever reason, it seems to me that the second-last ep would have been a better season closer.

Season 3 Scoop
    As expected, Jax is a broken man when Season 3 picks up. He's angry over Abel's kidnapping, and the unfortunate victim of that anger is Tara. Jax coldly tells her to leave Charming and the SAMCRO way of life. Also, in the premiere's brutally intense final scene, someone close to the club is badly injured.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b192403_sons_of_anarchy_takes_on_ira_in_season.html
    Irish eyes won't be smiling when SAMCRO rolls into Belfast.
    Sons of Anarchy helmer Kurt Sutter revealed at Comic-Con Sunday that he's taking his show on the road...to Ireland!
    If you saw the devastating season-two finale, you know the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club isn't planning a riding tour of the Emerald Isle. So what is on the agenda? Sutter and stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman gave us a few clues...

"We are obsessively and unrestingly trying to find the kid and answer this horrific violation," Perlman told us about Clay and the club's focus this season, which picks up several days after the season-two finale.
    "Our pursuit of Abel really breaks open the world," Hunnam said SAMCRO's journey to Ireland. "John Teller had a lot to do with Ireland and the origin of gun running and the Sons of Anarchy. So, it's through us going to Ireland, inevitably, we learn a little bit more" about Jax's father and founder of the club.
    The SOA stars were less forthcoming about the fate of Jax and Tara, but it's not looking good: "I think it's a darker Jax than we've seen thus far," Charlie said.
    Sutter confirmed that True IRA leader Jimmy O (Titus Welliver aka the Man in Black) will appear in at least eight episodes, along with Kenny Johnson (Saving Grace and The Shield), Paula Malcomson and James Cosmo. Hal Holbrook will also be introduced this season as Gemma's dad, Katey said, "and we find out a little bit more about why a sweet girl like Gemma joined a motorcycle club."
    While the boys are in Belfast, Gemma is running from the law: "I'm away from my family, which is exactly the thing [Gemma] hates the most," Katey told us. "The thing she loves the most is being with her family...I love how [fans] respond to the family nature of the show."
    The show hits close to home for Katey: Kurt Sutter is her husband. "I really created this role not just for [Katey], but really as a result of her," Kurt told us, "and influenced by what a strong, maternal presence she has. And not that she's hittin' people with skateboards to protect my kids, but she's a pretty fierce mom."

• Registered Users Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If i'd known, I would have
    driven up! That is mad!! Wonder if anyone got a few snaps of em up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The third season of FX’s gloriously gritty ‘Sons of Anarchy’ will feature the return of wild Cherry.

Taryn Manning (’Drive’) will reprise the role she created during Season 1 for at least three episodes, Fancast has learned exclusively.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/sons-of-anarchy-taryn-manning-to-return.html#ixzz0vAbrrkej

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When i seen the trailers for SOA a few years back i thought meh and didnt follow up on it.
    But after 3 seperate recommendations, each of which more glowing than the last i decided to give it a go.
    What a show, watched the first 2 seasons over the course of a few days.....i do have a life, i just happened to have a flu :D
    So i'm all set for S3 in Sept.

Excellent characters, excellent stories, brilliant acting and excellent everything. One of the highlights was the reference to 'doing an Adriana', thought it worked very well.

The one thing that i thought that looked odd was Jax's fighting stance, he kind of has a funny shuffle that he does before engaging. If you watch the fight with
    Clay
    again you'll see what i mean.

There's some great reading to be done about the show as well, lots of things that may go un-noticed that can be followed up on as well. Info on the patches and badges, MC's. details on uncut scenes. So there is plenty to keep me busy until the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

still waiting for more of the backstory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dunno if I'll bother with Season 3, it's all gotten a bit too mad for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New teaser for S3....no actual footage but pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

c4bb69bc8aa6385bc19f2ae2e6651e29.jpg

very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SAMCRO

When's season 3 out?

Season 3 is out on the 7th of sept on FX in America

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SAMCRO

The s##t is going to hit the fan in season 3 I really cant wait

Advertisement