Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FROYO I AM DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just popped up as an update available for me - in China! Downloading now.

Apologies to the Heavenly Inn Guesthouse if I've messed up your download cap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

k-man wrote: »
    Its supposed to be quicker as well, although its hard to tell since the update involves a reboot - things always run faster after a reboot. But the OS is certainly snappy as always. Anyone have any objective benchmarks for this though?

I use ATK sometimes which shows remaining memory at the top. Used to be 38M, now on froyo its 95M usually . I'm using a flashed froyo for a few days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

Anyone figure out how you get rid of your facebook friends birthday dates from the calender.

I have have lots of facebook friends so my calender is a real mess. Also, most of them are just "facebook" friends. I don't want to know when its their birtdays tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Am I right in saying this seems to be Desire only yet? I can't seem to get it on the Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

You would be correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Mantel wrote: »
    The camera is working fine now but one video I took is all blue. The other 4 are fine.

Check that the iso settings are correct. I took blue tinted photos last week before i realized i had changed the iso.

Have Froyo installed. Super fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Lawstud wrote: »
    Anyone figure out how you get rid of your facebook friends birthday dates from the calender.

I have have lots of facebook friends so my calender is a real mess. Also, most of them are just "facebook" friends. I don't want to know when its their birtdays tbh.

Calendar - more -calendars - untick Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

does this take a while to roll out to all users? I don't have the update available to me yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

nedd wrote: »
    does this take a while to roll out to all users? I don't have the update available to me yet.

Depends on the network AFAIK

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No sign of it for me either yet on Orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

is the OS smaller than 2.1 or something? Because when i install 2.2 i just had enough space for it (27 odd MB) after the installation I have i think 40MB?

Oh anyone able to move apps to SD card?

ps. My Desire is from Vodafone. But using meteor sim *thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Moving apps is easy using settings-->applications-->manage applications and click on the app to bring up the move option.

However, it doesnt move everything, rockplayer beta was using 6MB but after moving to SD still shows up as using 3.4MB

I found the RTE player to be very cumbersome and slow and it doesnt resize to the screen, instead it has scroll bars (just like at the right and bottom of a normal microsoft window) that i cant operate. I tried a video and it was out of sync and stuttered. Tips anyone?

The channel 4 on demand website worked much better and the video that I tried (The Daily Show) looked much better than the rte clip.

I tried to move the apps. But most of them don't have the option "turned on"(not clickable)
    The only app i can move is my two player reaction game which was about 2.05MB and when moved it says 336KB? why is that?

When people were using app2sd(i think thats the name), they were'nt able to move every app as well. May be the same with froyo too?

I can see the phone is faster when its loading up my apps, used to take a while to load up the list and icons, now its almost instant!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If you're gonna rely on developers to include support you're gonna be waiting a long time. You need to download an App called setinstalllocation, you can use that to force it to install to the sd card.

The app has to support "move to SD" to work, wait for the developer to update it. Also, the apps probably need to keep certain files in certain folders so not all files can be moved. I expect the app developers will allow more files to be moved in future

or do what partyatmygaff just said

oh i see. i didnt know the app itself have to support it. Gona try donwload that app to install apps on sd card. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

ken_cleary wrote: »
    anyone elses camera stopped workin??

just remove the LED light app you have. this is causing the problem. You don't need it now anyway as 2.2 has a flashlight function :) no need to reset the phone.

Lawstud wrote: »
    I thought that froyp would allow you to sync with itunes. Anyone any ideas how to get it working?

I reckon we need a new version of the htc sync app for PC. HTC sync for desire is still on version 2, there is a version 3 which supports syncing music but it's only for the HTC wildfire at present:

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=316&cat=3&dl_id=982

You cant download v3 without a valid Wildfire serial number but I just found this: http://www.mikesouthby.co.uk/2010/08/how-to-sync-itunes-with-htc-desire-via-htc-sync/ there's a link on that page to the wildfire HTC Sync v3 which seems to work with the desire. I'd be wary of using it untill the proper desire version is out but you could always give it a look without transferring anything. Also, note that he reccommends uninstalling HTC sync v2 first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

Still no sign of it for me. With o2. Anyone with o2 after getting it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I debranded and got the update that way.

This guide should help you - it is pretty much what I did. You will most likely lose all your data (messages etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

O2's phones are branded i believe so they won't be updated to Froyo for a few weeks .. we ain't no fools for going to Meteor after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

nereid wrote: »
    I debranded and got the update that way.

This guide should help you - it is pretty much what I did. You will most likely lose all your data (messages etc).

using that guide do we still keep root?
    im rooted with stock rom

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Will probably take a few weeks for the carrier specific versions to get pushed down.

ftm2008 wrote: »
    O2's phones are branded i believe so they won't be updated to Froyo for a few weeks .. we ain't no fools for going to Meteor after all :)

I'm on O2 and updated no problem. Thou I tihnk my phone is possibly unbranded. How can one tell ?

ldr wrote: »
    using that guide do we still keep root?
    im rooted with stock rom

thanks

no, you lose root.

I had no interest in root or custom roms but hated the branding/delay updates so what I did was:
    • 1 click root via unrevoked3 - gets root.
    • 1.21 WWE release - failed on error 131
    • made gold card on spare SD card
    • 1.21 WWE release - installed and completely debranded phone
    • replaced stock memory card.
    • check for updates
    • install froyo - fail - no sim card found, no wifi
    • 1.21 WWE release - failed on error 131
    • replaced goldcard for stock memory card
    • 1.21 WWE release - installed
    • check for updates
    • install froyo - worked.
    • replaced stock memory card.
    Panicked a bit at the no sim found error @13:30 yesterday, but saw someone on XDA posted the exact same thing. Once I got back to stock 1.21 I knew there'd be a fix (use the goldcard again).
    I do need to figure out if I have to keep that particular goldcard or if I can make a new one though.

How can one tell ?

stupid o2 bubbles when you start up the phone instead of the white HTC quietly brilliant +jingle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

stupid o2 bubbles when you start up the phone instead of the white HTC quietly brilliant +jingle
    Although some of their newer batches have the bootloader screen (The first HTC logo before any boot animations) branded as O2.

Although some of their newer batches have the bootloader screen (The first HTC logo before any boot animations) branded as O2.

I would even add to that the 1.20.207.3 firmware number. For their sake, I hope they release the 2.2 update promptly! I'm guessing with all the iPhone4 updates and 720p blah de blah never mind the running out of space issue there will be plenty of people asking what the story is.

Ah so apparently mine if unbranded. Not sure how I managed that thou I was an early adopter. I must check see if its locked also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What is froyo?

Advertisement