Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Today's Deal: €70 instead of €140 for an eight week outdoor fitness program

Closed Accounts Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭ Dav

Today's Deal: €70 instead of €140 for an eight week outdoor fitness program for men and women of all ability levels at FITSQUAD!

Get this deal here.

Why go to the Gym alone or to an army type brigade to be screamed at when you can get motivated and fit while meeting like minded individuals with Fitsquad!

Have you ever wondered what's going on in the parks when you see groups that are not holding a hurley, football or trying to grab a rugby tag? The likelihood is that they are taking part in a "Bootcamp Style" fitness training call Fitsquad.

What is it?
    Fitsquad is an outdoor group training phenomenon that was set up in July 2007.
    Fitsquad training combines group interval and circuit training, cardio, abdominal work, flexibility, boxercise, fitness games and more.
    Free nutrition plans personalised to your goals are provided on request.
    Every class is different and is focused on you!
    Yes the training is tough but we accommodate all levels from beginners to the very fit.

Where is it on?
    Fitsquad has now escalated to over 12 locations, training outdoors during the summer and astro's for the winter. Locations include Malahide HC, St Annes Park, Lucan HC, Phoenix Park, Herbert Park, Cabinteely Park, Marlay Park, Bushy Park, Greystones, Cork (Douglas & Bishopstown) training hundreds of men and women every night.

Benefits from Joining Fitsquad include...
    Increased fitness levels, building lean muscle, losing excess weight, reducing stress levels, boosting confidence, improving your concentration levels, meeting new people, above all have fun!

It also has a fun social side with surfing, kayaking, ski trips, horse racing, comedy nights, pub crawls, hill walks and more.

Membership runs in 8 week blocks normal price is €140. This deal is €70 which gives you up to 5 x 1 hour classes per week for 8 weeks in Dublin or 3 x 1 hour Classes for 8 weeks in Cork. Classes take place Monday - Thursday evening and Saturday mornings.

Membership allows you attend any of the classes in any of the locations during your 8 weeks.This voucher must be redeemed within 3 months and is available to new Fitsquad members only.

This deal is available until: 2010-07-26 14:00:00

Terms and conditions of this deal:
    • Not available to previous or current members of Fitsquad
    • Voucher must be redeemed before 30th September 2010
    • Not Valid in conjunction with other Fitsquad offer

Get this deal here.

Comments

Does the voucher entitle you to 8 weeks of classes non consecutively For example can I go on holidays for say wk 2&3 and then continue training into wk say 9&10?

Membership runs in 8 week blocks normal price is €140. This deal is €70 which gives you up to 5 x 1 hour classes per week for 8 weeks in Dublin or 3 x 1 hour Classes for 8 weeks in Cork. Classes take place Monday - Thursday evening and Saturday mornings.

So do you get 5 1 hour classes each week for 8 weeks?
    If so does that mean you have to do 1 hour each night Monday - Thursday
    and Saturday morning?
    Or is it 8 weeks of 1 hour per week?

Was looking into this the other day. Great deal! Bought 2, one for a friend. Thanks!

When they say 5 classes per week, does that mean you can go to all five classes, each week for 8 weeks?

Edit: And can I redeem it whenever I like? So I can start my 8 weeks now, or next week, or whenever, provided it's before the closing date?

okidoki987 wrote: »

So do you get 5 1 hour classes each week for 8 weeks?
    If so does that mean you have to do 1 hour each night Monday - Thursday
    and Saturday morning?
    Or is it 8 weeks of 1 hour per week?

You are entitled to up to 40 hours classes in total so the option is there to do 5 x 1 hour classes a week if you can manage :) You can also mix and match your class locations on different days to suit you.

Newaglish wrote: »
    When they say 5 classes per week, does that mean you can go to all five classes, each week for 8 weeks?

Edit: And can I redeem it whenever I like? So I can start my 8 weeks now, or next week, or whenever, provided it's before the closing date?

All members are on their own membership dates so you can start on any day as long as it's before the 30th September.

Option is there to do up to 40 hours classes in total in any location.

Kingkong wrote: »
    Does the voucher entitle you to 8 weeks of classes non consecutively For example can I go on holidays for say wk 2&3 and then continue training into wk say 9&10?

Good question :) I've just confirmed with Fitsquad and there is a missed week discount.

If you miss 7 consecutive days and let them know beforehand, they will record the week(s) you'll be away and give you a discount voucher off you next eight week subscription.

Maximum of 4 weeks Missed Week Discount per member per calendar year, any seven consecutive days constitutes one week.
    • 1 Week away - € 15 Discount Voucher
    • 2 Weeks away - € 30 Discount Voucher
    • 3 Weeks away - € 45 Discount Voucher
    • 4 Weeks away - € 60 Discount Voucher
    There are T&C's to this found here http://www.fitsquad.ie/t_and_c_pricing.php?itemID=1210

Option is there to do up to 40 hours classes in total in any location.

So you can do 1hr a week for 40 weeks? or 2 for 20 weeks??? etc

tbh, I've never seen the value in this, at least with a gym you're paying to use their facilities, this is being done in a public park, you'd be just as well to go for a jog/run yourself in the park yourself for free

unklerosco wrote: »
    So you can do 1hr a week for 40 weeks? or 2 for 20 weeks??? etc

No sorry if I wasn't clear. This membership is for an 8 week block of classes.

Every week, Fitsquad run 5 hour long classes so over 8 weeks you have access to 40 hours classes in total. This link to their website might help http://www.fitsquad.ie/pricing.php

tbh, I've never seen the value in this, at least with a gym you're paying to use their facilities, this is being done in a public park, you'd be just as well to go for a jog/run yourself in the park yourself for free

Thanks for the feedback. From speaking to Fitsquad, people who join are almost all ex-gym members who couldn't motivate themselves to keep going. A group atmosphere with professional trainers gives most people the extra push they need.

Looks good, just one question.

Is there a max number of people per class or a trainer-trainee ratio?

Don't fancy paying to be in a huge class of people with one trainer.

I've read through the website, but couldn't find anything on this question,
    Thanks,

No sorry if I wasn't clear. This membership is for an 8 week block of classes.

So max you can do is 5 hours a week for 8 weeks = 40 hours training
    or
    minimum 8 weeks for 1 hour a week = 8 hours training.

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Looks good, just one question.

Is there a max number of people per class or a trainer-trainee ratio?

Don't fancy paying to be in a huge class of people with one trainer.

I've read through the website, but couldn't find anything on this question,
    Thanks,

In most cases, the max number of people per class is 25 with 2 trainers on hand.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    So max you can do is 5 hours a week for 8 weeks = 40 hours training
    or
    minimum 8 weeks for 1 hour a week = 8 hours training.

That's right :)

I did my first fitness squad session in Bushy Park today and taught I would give some feedback. The trainer Eddie is very professional and does put the effort in to push you. But its one instructor to a class of 20-25 people so DO NOT EXPECT any one to one training/motivation.

Most of the exercises and onslaught of running :) are very similar to a competitor I attended previously, so If you are already doing a similar bootcamp style class this is a no brainer at half the price.

THIS VOUCHER IS AVAILABLE TO NEW FITSQUAD MEMBERS ONLY. Membership allows you attend any of the classes in any of the locations during your 8 weeks.This voucher must be redeemed within 3 months.

Terms & Conditions
    * NEW MEMBERS ONLY
    * Not available to previous or current members of Fitsquad
    * Voucher must be redeemed before 30th September 2010

Can someone clarify when this must be redeemed by?

Alanm wrote: »

The voucher must be redeemed by the 30th September 2010.

Alanm wrote: »

You have to buy it before tomorrow so 3 months, 30th sep, same thing.

I'm in a gym, have paid up, got that at a very reasonable price, but I think I may give this a go too.

Seems like a fab offer so I find it hard to resist.

I am by no means fit... I walk the park twice a week but I am not a runner. I can't even womble half a mile .... I can hold my own with weights though.Am I gonna make a show of myself if I sign up for a boot camp fits squad?

Unwilling wrote: »
    I am by no means fit... I walk the park twice a week but I am not a runner. I can't even womble half a mile .... I can hold my own with weights though.Am I gonna make a show of myself if I sign up for a boot camp fits squad?

I bought one last night and I was just about to make an appeal for someone like you to team up with me!! lol

Now I won't lie, I can run. But barely. But what I can do I did in 3 weeks. If you want to sign up and then try building your fitness up 3 weeks before using the voucher.

Or maybe the running doesn't have to be done. If you are willing to pay them 70 so they will let you join them, I'm pretty sure they will be willing to accommodate you.

@Peanuthead... i might just bite the bullet and GO FOR IT... it says that you do it at your own level.... if I can't run I can't run.....
    Not doing it for anyone else but me.... SO I'm going for it............ :eek:

@Peanuthead... i might just bite the bullet and GO FOR IT... it says that you do it at your own level.... if I can't run I can't run.....
    Not doing it for anyone else but me.... SO I'm going for it............ :eek:

woohoo!! I always said that I wouldn't pay someone 140 for something I can do myself, but the thing is just that ... you DON'T do it yourself. So at 70 I'm willing to do it!

What parks do you think will suit you best and when do you think you will start training?

@ Peanut head - roped a mate in too... so we're thinking phoenix park and lucan... alternating nights.
    But malahide is good for me too .. or St Annes...

Where are you thinking of and when ya starting....

Would love to start this week but in reality it will be next week I think :)

@ Peanut head - roped a mate in too... so we're thinking phoenix park and lucan... alternating nights.
    But malahide is good for me too .. or St Annes...

Where are you thinking of and when ya starting....

Would love to start this week but in reality it will be next week I think :)

phoenix and lucan for me too.

Don't know when to start, but would be nice to maybe start with others

Next week no, week after I think I might be going on a short hol, it may be end of aug before I get a chance

I bought the voucher last week and wanted to start today but as I read it you have to wait till the deal ends before you can claim it. Can anyone fill me in on weather or not I could just go down tonight without the voucher but having obviously paid for it.

Still waiting for someone to post on how difficult this bootcamp is.....
    Read some of the online testimonials - running New York marathon and all........
    I'm no where NEAR that level so wondering if it is suitable for COUCH SPUDS... :o

I went and bought two but due to health issues my "partner" can not do it........ is there a cancellation policy?

I went and bought two but due to health issues my "partner" can not do it........ is there a cancellation policy?

I wouldn't think you can cancel, but maybe you can sell it on

About the difficulty - it will be hard alright, but you can take it at your own pace