Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everybody hates Cammy...

Options
  • 05-07-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Some food for thought... These are three of my fav Cammy videos.

Sako:

Alioune:

Cobelcog:

Anyway, I was hoping to get a thread going where we can talk about what works and doesn't work for Cammy? Would love some advice on match-ups for Cammy.

She needs to get in close to work, and as such I have a lot of difficulty with Guile matches. For example, if Guile throws a boom and I use EX hooligan, can he flashkick on reaction and beat me? 9/10 I'll throw a shoto, but with him, I don't know because of the recovery time.

I don't fight her online much, but what works in a Cammy mirror match? Is it just Cobel and Jim that main her here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ban request

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ban request

No!!! Damn you Cobelcog, ruining it for the rest of us! :p

Genuinely, I love playing as Cammy, and would also love advice :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No!!! Damn you Cobelcog, ruining it for the rest of us! :p

Genuinely, I love playing as Cammy, and would also love advice :)

Ah don't worry I'll just ban Cobelcog.

And Jim to make him feel better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I HAVEN'T EVEN SAID ANYTHING YET

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cobelcog wrote: »

You don't need to say anything Cobelcog :P Those hate filled eyes say it all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

2008_01_24_caps_lock.jpg

Don't lie, I deleted about 5 posts from you just now.

Anyway burning if you want experience in the Guile match in particular I have no problem doing a first to 10 or something with you and I'll record some of them for you to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Whats cammys worst matchup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sisko wrote: »

A game with no DP shortcuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sisko wrote: »

:pac: ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I cant stop laughing at the caps lock. Too good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I came in here expecting dozens of pictures of Cammys ass and instead I find an attempt at something constructive.

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I came in here expecting dozens of pictures of Cammys ass and instead I find an attempt at something constructive.

I am disappoint.
    Let me fix tha--[user was banned for this post]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Any advice for the Cammy mirror match?
    Anyway burning if you want experience in the Guile match in particular I have no problem doing a first to 10 or something with you and I'll record some of them for you to study.

Thanks DooM, I appreciate that. I should be on most nights this week.

Also, thread title changed to reflect FG forum's opinions...

I like cammy , used to play her a lot on pad. :D

And barry loves that ass.

Don't think anyone hates cammy, we just hate cobelcog. :p

j/k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Cammy is fun to play as, used her a bit in Vanilla. Was thinking of picking her up again for Super but I prefer sticking to one main.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I like Cammy...

Hell I'd second her if she wasn't so damn demanding, can't even play basic quarter-circle-y people on stick.

Since I've derailed this thread merely by existing, I think it's only fair that I answer some questions :pac:

I'm not good at advice by any means and I don't claim that what I say is the right thing to do or even the best. It's just what I do. Anyway.
    She needs to get in close to work, and as such I have a lot of difficulty with Guile matches. For example, if Guile throws a boom and I use EX hooligan, can he flashkick on reaction and beat me? 9/10 I'll throw a shoto, but with him, I don't know because of the recovery time.

Guile is definitely a tough one, alright. I forget how fast EX Hooligan is exactly but I would be genuinely surprised if it could beat Sonic Booms on reaction or even anticipation. He just recovers too fast and hooligan has this giant arc of movement that I doubt could be completed on time. It's a very easy move to spot and punish with a lot of things. You may catch people off guard with it but when they grow wise to it you won't be landing it.

VS Sonic Booms you can jump over it, focus absorb through it or go under it. Spin Knuckle goes through projectiles but lolspinknuckle. You can get hit out of all of these options so don't be too obvious about it, eh? You can dive kick from the air to beat certain anti-air options from him. EX Spiral Arrow goes under projectiles and will be safe at max range so use it if you can anticipate a sonic boom. If it hits with the tip in the corner it can juggle into Cannon Spike which you can then FADC into Ultra.
    Any advice for the Cammy mirror match?

The Almighty Cannon Spike. The match revolves around it and the threat of its existence. I'm not saying that your foot should be flying off into the air every two seconds but just be aware of it. If anything, it should rarely be used if the two players are cautious enough. Though if you get too careless with your approach then it's going to beat you every time. It beats everything Cammy can do including itself.

On the punishing side of things, if you get a blocked spiral arrow you can get a cr.mp xx spiral at most distances. If you don't have meter and you're faced with a whiffed spike I like cr.hp cr.mk xx heavy spiral. If you're not confident with links just yet, then use standing heavy punch into heavy spiral arrow. Blocked spike use whatever. Otherwise Ultra/Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Blocked spike use medium spiral.

This is by far the biggest mistake people make in the cammy matchup, they don't realise just how much recovery a blocked cannon spike has.
    Nearly every character can dash forward and do their most damaging punisher (I think giefs dash might be too slow, but I'm not 100% certain on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, I think all gief can do is heavy/ex hand or walk forward st. rh, it's annoying. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Gief can dash forward and do a medium SPD or just down-forward hk for untechable knockdown. I'm not sure if he can dash then U1.

Red350 wrote: »
    This is by far the biggest mistake people make in the cammy matchup, they don't realise just how much recovery a blocked cannon spike has.
    Nearly every character can dash forward and do their most damaging punisher (I think giefs dash might be too slow, but I'm not 100% certain on that)

No they can't ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Red350 wrote: »

I usually miss the punish cos im being overwhelmed by the rush down so much that I cant react in time when I do get a chance to punish.

I usually miss the punish cos im being overwhelmed by the rush down so much that I cant react in time when I do get a chance to punish.

And I usually sonic boom out of force of pure habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

No they can't ;)

Shup you, this thread has marked the end of your reign of terror!

Yea I know the feeling alright, I was always giving out about people at inferno letting cobelcog away with so many blocked cannon spikes, but the first time I played him I suddenly realised why :o

I've nothing else to add but I'm enjoying this thread, keeping it coming lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've derailed this thread merely by existing

'mazin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Since I've derailed this thread merely by existing,

Hahaha that cracked me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

blanka ball getting ultra punished on hit..............this is why i hate cammy:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    blanka ball getting ultra punished on hit..............this is why i hate cammy:mad:

And it just got worse in Super.

Advertisement