Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Rings in Limerick

Options
  • 29-01-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

It has come to that time and the other half and I have decided to make it official. We are toying with the option of Antwerp but I would like some local options too. If anyone here has experience of buying a ring in a Limerick jewellers or a recommendation I would greatly apprecaite it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 boredatwork26

I went to lots of jeweler shops for my engagement ring in Limerick found service brutal. Then we went to Matthew Stephens in Limerick also (last shop tried) and they were great. We went back there for wedding rings two years later, Found the girls in there lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the history of

what type of eng ring and wed ring to you finally go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 boredatwork26

I went for a one stone solitare with a twist. then the wedding ring i got had a loop so that engagment ring would fit in nicely gold rings with white gold rim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Got mine in Matthew Stephens too. They went through everything about colour, clarity and carat of the diamond and the pros and cons of white gold. We went around to all the other shops but ended up back there cause they had the best set up. Got an oval diamond in the middle with a small round diamond on either side set in yellow gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 greetfinn

Hey All! I live in Dublin and i have travelled the country looking for my engagement ring. We were down in Limerick at match and we went did all the jewellers around Limerick. By far the biggest selection and best value in Limerick city was in Matthew Stephens. they had fantastic choice and the staff were very knowledgable...we even had champagne!

my ring was able to be sized in the shop which was great and i went off to the match a very happy woman!! i'm hoping to get down again soon to look at wedding bands and bridesmaids gifts.

Anyway, hope this helps! they were A+!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

My FH bought mine in Tadhg Kearney jewellers on Thomas Street. Have to say their after service was brilliant, (he says dealing with them beforehand was no hassle either!!) I have stupid skinny fingers and my other half ordered it in the smallest ring size it came in but it still needed to be sized down a size and a half. He proposed Christmas morning and I had the ring brought back to them on Saturday after New Years Day and got it back the Tuesday! Super fast for the time of year it was and its perfect. :)

The girls in there are lovely and there is a great choice too, I thought they catered for alot of budgets which was lovely to see. Will be going back there for the wedding bands too!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

SEORG wrote: »
    We are toying with the option of Antwerp.

I was in Philippe Harolds two weeks ago.
    IMO he rocks.
    He spent an hour with us and is custom making my ring to my exact wishes within the budget we gave him.
    He finished making the ring yesterday and I'll have it next week.

I cannot believe what we were able to get within our budget.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I was in Philippe Harolds two weeks ago.
    IMO he rocks.
    He spent an hour with us and is custom making my ring to my exact wishes within the budget we gave him.
    He finished making the ring yesterday and I'll have it next week.

I cannot believe what we were able to get within our budget.

Totally agree with this. I got one last week and the OH is delighted with it.

While its not just about the money you can save a forutne over there

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

SEORG wrote: »
    Hi folks,

It has come to that time and the other half and I have decided to make it official. We are toying with the option of Antwerp but I would like some local options too. If anyone here has experience of buying a ring in a Limerick jewellers or a recommendation I would greatly apprecaite it.

Thanks in advance.

Best jeweller ive ever dealt with is Douglas Jewellers in Carlow, might be worth a quick spin there before going abroad. We had toyed with the idea of holland, and were in carlow in passing and dropped in, got excellent deal and in fairness they are on the ball there!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Hollands expensive for diamonds...jump on the train to Antwerp - Two hours and your there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Try www.keanes.ie/
    They are great to deal with.

Advertisement