Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lambo Murcielago LP670-4 SV Crash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

thats heartbreaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,603 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Supposedly a loner too. Imagine trying to explain that, "erm I crashed it, but it's ok I can get parts at the local breakers yard...". Bloody hell.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ouch. Press car at that ; 'Sorry, might be a bit late with that report, I totaled the Lambo'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Horrible lookin yoke isn't it :eek:

• Advertisement

Horrible lookin yoke isn't it :eek:

You serious? Even smashed to pieces, that car is better looking than anything this side of a Zonda... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Speedway wrote: »
    Such a rare car only 350 built.
    Well you'll be happy to hear that this one is a factory press car and isn't included in the 350 production models.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Anyone watch the Inter Milan v Chelsea game tonight? The Inter keeper, Julio Cesar, had some nasty bruising to his eyes/nose.

The reason........he crashed his Lamborghini in Milan on Sunday! They mentioned it in commentary. There's a few links of it, but no pics.
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/02/23/1803240/julio-cesars-wife-reassures-inter-fans-after-car-accident

This is surely the same car? I mean, how many Lamborghini's were written off in Italy over the weekend? :P

Fizman wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Inter Milan v Chelsea game tonight? The Inter keeper, Julio Cesar, had some nasty bruising to his eyes/nose.

The reason........he crashed his Lamborghini in Milan on Sunday! They mentioned it in commentary. There's a few links of it, but no pics.
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/02/23/1803240/julio-cesars-wife-reassures-inter-fans-after-car-accident

This is surely the same car? I mean, how many Lamborghini's were written off in Italy over the weekend? :P
    The one crashed in the OP was a press car :]

The one crashed in the OP was a press car :]

Ya I spotted that, but does it remain exclusive to the press forever? I would not have thought so? Surely at some stage of it's life it can actually have an exclusive owner. Shame otherwise.

And like I said, what are the chances two Lambos were written off in the same country, on the same weekend?

• Advertisement

Well Lambos are Italian, so I'd reckon a high chance considering :P

That SV crashed in holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Well you'll be happy to hear that this one is a factory press car and isn't included in the 350 production models.
    Might have made it worth more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,239 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This is how rumours start :rolleyes: :D

That car is not crashed, it is just being scrapped. That's what happens to press cars, I think it's an insurance thing. That picture is taken in Italy (near Venice, about an hours drive from the Lamborghini factory) at a major car dismantler called Marton:

Marton homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

unkel wrote: »
    This is how rumours start :rolleyes: :D

That car is not crashed, it is just being scrapped. That's what happens to press cars, I think it's an insurance thing. That picture is taken in Italy (near Venice, about an hours drive from the Lamborghini factory) at a major car dismantler called Marton:

Marton homepage
    I know that car makers often scrap press cars but the pictures in the first link do look as though the sv has been crashed

CONM wrote: »
    I know that car makers often scrap press cars but the pictures in the first link do look as though the sv has been crashed

I didn't think it did look badly enough crashed for it to be a write-off, that's why I started digging :D

Just doesn't add up, no deployed airbags?

I didn't think it did look badly enough crashed for it to be a write-off, that's why I started digging :D

Just doesn't add up, no deployed airbags?
    If its a press car and it was due to be scraped shortly, then they wouldn't waste money repairing it (in a lambo damage like that would cost huge money to repair), they'd just scrap it early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The car was crashed and has suspension damage, panel damage and chassis damage.

Ps, Lamborghini don't scrap press cars, once finished with the press they're given an overhaul and sold. There's a member of pistonheads with an press Gallardo Superleggera and if you look around you'll find that apart from the 20 Reventons that were sold, there were 2 press cars with production numbers 00/20 and 0/20. One is in the Lamborghini museum and the other was rebuilt and is now for sale in Switzerland.

9.jpg3.jpg

steve06 wrote: »

Ps, Lamborghini don't scrap press cars, once finished with the press they're given an overhaul and sold. There's a member of pistonheads with an press Gallardo Superleggera and if you look around you'll find that apart from the 20 Reventons that were sold, there were 2 press cars with production numbers 00/20 and 0/20. One is in the Lamborghini museum and the other was rebuilt and is now for sale in Switzerland.

9.jpg3.jpg

I knew I was onto something! :D

Ps, Lamborghini don't scrap press cars, once finished with the press they're given an overhaul and sold.

Any links? If Lamborghini doesn't scrap press cars what is that LP670 doing in a dismantlers? Even with severe underlying damage, surely it would have been made presentable for very little cost and gone to their museum as happened to a press Gallardo as you said?

• Advertisement

Any links? If Lamborghini doesn't scrap press cars what is that LP670 doing in a dismantlers? Even with severe underlying damage, surely it would have been made presentable for very little cost and gone to their museum as happened to a press Gallardo as you said?
    No, I said a press reventon went to the museum - because it's a ltd edition car. They probably have an SV in the museum at this stage too. if a press car gets smashed then it gets smashed. If not then they'll give it a proper service and overhaul and sell it on.

The SV was in a bad way, they even had to put a temp wheel on so it would move because the original was smashed up.
    sv_crash_07.jpg
    4369332401_cf54c48fc0_b.jpg
    4370082874_49f8c89473_b.jpg

So anyone know who it was that crashed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The SV was in a bad way, they even had to put a temp wheel from a gallardo on

That's a Murcielago Roadster wheel, can't see what the big deal is about having to change a wheel after it crashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Nothing that a good body dozer and a couple of cans of Pon couldn't sort out. :p

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    That's a Murcielago Roadster wheel, can't see what the big deal is about having to change a wheel after it crashed?
    yea sorry, it's a roadster wheel. Nothing big about having to change the wheel, just pointing out how it was a bad enough shunt to even smash the alloy, that takes force!

And look at the car, it must have bounced off everything around it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Sad times... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

SV = Side Valve. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ehh?

Super Veloce, no?

• Advertisement

No, I said a press reventon went to the museum - because it's a ltd edition car.

My bad. You did indeed say reventon, not a common as muck gallardo :D
    The SV was in a bad way

It does look a lot worse from those pictures compared to any of the others linked before. Just wondering why the airbags didn't seem to have worked though? :eek:

Advertisement