Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing near UCC

Options
  • 24-01-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hey there,
    Me and a some friends are planning on living in a house for the next college year, and are wondering how we go about finding available housing?
    There will be 4/5 of us living there and would prefer for it to be near to the college.

Do people normally find housing through the internet or in the paper or is there some other way?

Im fairly clueless so any information/advice would be appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Accomadations office handle all that kind of stuff, as far as Im aware. They're on the UCC site here. You should be able to find out whatever you need to from there. Failing that email them, address is on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bunnyfox7

I usually try Daft.ie, found my place back in 2004 and even though I've been away for summers and stuff, my landlord always kept rooms for me to come back to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JimmyAdams

They are advertised here
    http://www.ucc.ie/services/propertyManager/Vacancies/Current.htm

We got our house on this last June for September, it's a great list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

JimmyAdams wrote: »
    They are advertised here
    http://www.ucc.ie/services/propertyManager/Vacancies/Current.htm

We got our house on this last June for September, it's a great list.

Some of those prices are taking the complete and utter piss. In the current climate the very most you should be paying for rent is €80 per week, especially if you're only signing a new lease. Some of us are still legally obliged to pay higher rates as we signed a lease last year when rents were still relatively high. But for a new lease, anything over €80 a week is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Hey guys, Thanks for the help.

Ive been asking around and have heard some very good things about daft.ie in particular so thanks for suggesting that one!

I was also told that i'd have to wait until the beginning of summer at least before i'd be able to book anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

I was also told that i'd have to wait until the beginning of summer at least before i'd be able to book anything.

Probably, but you can start searching now. That will save you time this summer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Ok cool, Thanks for the help everyone. I think thats pretty much all I need to know to get started!
    Just wanted to make sure I wouldnt be missing anything I should know.
    Thanks again!

Advertisement