Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Seems Carlow scooped the 'official' overnight low lastnight of -12c at the Oak Park station! :D

My lowest temp was -9.3c at 7.50am! :eek:, however, Villain got down to -16.1c I believe, thats severe!!

Its currently -1.6c here. Went out for a walk earlier, some sight!! :) Everywhere and everything still white, even the trees are white!! Great walk! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

From Dublins98news twitter:

People in Finglas are being asked not to leave taps running, water levels in the area are running critically low

http://twitter.com/Dublins98News

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

leahyl wrote: »
    She's from Carlow:) Looking good for Cork so! I'm excited again:) We might finally get it.

welcome back. i was wondering where you were:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

a heavy fog rolled in to say hello here

still -2 no thaw whatsoever

on sunday's "event" are temp's not very marginal?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

oldmillgal wrote: »
    :)

how appropriate given the temps recorded in carlow last night. maybe she moved because it was too cold or the rediculous coloured football jerseys they wear?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

From Dublins98news twitter:

People in Finglas are being asked not to leave taps running, water levels in the area are running critically low
    lol if someone just seen this headline without knowing about the freezing tempertures it would make for a funny headline,
    Finglas would be the new kerry :):):)

They might not have shown it on the TV forecast, but here is precip chart for midnight Sunday from UK Meto website :

149sc40.jpg

Replace the blue with animated snowflakes and its the same how the Sky forecast looks. ;)
    guess who lives under that dark shade :eek:
    This area has all but closed down as it is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Plates wrote: »
    If Lisa Burke can't thaw us out it must be bloody cold! :eek:

Lisa can warm me up anytime.:D:D:D

Have to say it looks very good/bleak depending on your outlook.

Should I start eating the children now just to be on the safe side ?.
    Get them while they've still got fat reserves. . . .

I wonder why met eireann aren't ringing the alarm horn.
    Ever since they f*cked up with that Donegal snow forecast a few years back they've gone very conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

bb i think you should have a rant and i'll have one too, combined it just might make the snowgods listen again. what do you think;)

how appropriate given the temps recorded in carlow last night. maybe she moved because it was too cold or the rediculous coloured football jerseys they wear?!

Although I'm not a sports fan, Carlow have one of the best jerseys I believe!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

God those charts looks very exciting! If they come true the whole country will shutdown! According to our local radio station it's meant to start snowing at 3pm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Right I am heading out in Carlow with the camera to take some photos. There is some amount of snow here at the moment. Stay a prayer for me - that I get back in one piece :D:D:D:D

I have resigned myself to this weather now - by the looks of it I may need to bring in more bread & milk....

Anyone in Lucan should avoid the road to the Lucan golf course.Its very slippy. Its kind of on a country road going dowhill. Tubber lane is also an ice rink. Quite misty here too. If we get snow here tonight its going to be very bad.
    be careful everyone. Stay safe.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

They might not have shown it on the TV forecast, but here is precip chart for midnight Sunday from UK Meto website :

149sc40.jpg

Replace the blue with animated snowflakes and its the same how the Sky forecast looks. ;)

Egh! I am to travel from Tipperary to Dublin on Sunday night to get a plane from Dublin Airport on Monday at 6AM . . . not sure if I will be going anywhere if that pulls off!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

God those charts looks very exciting! If they come true the whole country will shutdown! According to our local radio station it's meant to start snowing at 3pm:rolleyes:

what station is that red fm or county sound?

it won't be 3pm anyway as its still up north at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

I believe the 3pm thing, is coming from accuweather. I think it will be much later.

But here's hoping.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks like there is some precipitation getting into Donegal on the 14:00 radar.

Any reports if that is snow or rain or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

what station is that red fm or county sound?

it won't be 3pm anyway as its still up north at 4.

Nah they said it this morning on 96fm - not that i take any notice of 96fm weather.....

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Right I am heading out in Carlow with the camera to take some photos. There is some amount of snow here at the moment. Stay a prayer for me - that I get back in one piece :D:D:D:D

I have resigned myself to this weather now - by the looks of it I may need to bring in more bread & milk....

Take a walk down to the Liberty Tree fountain Queen, its frozen, when I was there there was kids walking on the ice!! :eek:. One of them however stood on a weak point and went in up to his knees.........I laughed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

still it does look too good to be true. could we be that lucky? could we:D

Temp of 5 over Dublin, though!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Egh! I am to travel from Tipperary to Dublin on Sunday night to get a plane from Dublin Airport on Monday at 6AM . . . not sure if I will be going anywhere if that pulls off!:eek:

At least the plane wont be going anywhere either! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jake1 wrote: »
    Anyone in Lucan should avoid the road to the Lucan golf course.Its very slippy. Its kind of on a country road going dowhill. Tubber lane is also an ice rink. Quite misty here too. If we get snow here tonight its going to be very bad.
    be careful everyone. Stay safe.:D

Guess where I'm going on my walk tonight! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

looks like it seems to be closer to the coast than inland. :(
    congrats on post number 1000 in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 la gordita

thanks for the info! thats my mind made up.
    brilliant weather analysis, people - I am now addicted. OH says I am turning into a weather geek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Plates wrote: »
    If Lisa Burke can't thaw us out it must be bloody cold! :eek:

Did anyone see Jean Byrne the other night. The country's subzero and shes wearing a sleeveless leather outfit looking like and amazonian or something. sexy woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

jenzz wrote: »
    Am I the only one to notice that Lovely Lisa's chart has the temperature at +5 for Eastern Ireland. That would mean rain, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Suggestion to the mods, maybe we can change the title of the thread to something like : Potential Snow For The Weekend or something, I know the title now is tongue in cheek but still....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Jip wrote: »
    Feic off snow, how anyone, apart from maybe those who had none yet, look forward to more I just don't understand. Anyone who has been surrounded by solid ice and snow since near enough Christmas would disagree with alot of the silly wishes of people around here.

Sshhhh!!! Get away from here with those heathen views.......

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

great stuff here lads good work, I must have a rant though, on joe duffy now about 20 salt and gritting companies are saying they have tens of thousands of tonnes ready to go all over the country, but our muppet government are shipping in grit from spain, wtf:mad: the roads are lethal out there, as for the paths i cant get near the fecking city for meetings just emailing all day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ice day on the cards for Dublin.

Temperature at midday -3c @ Dublin Airport :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement