Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub attire for men.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Wear what you feel good in otherwise you'll just look AND feel like a twat!

Its far better just to look like a twat and feel great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Speedboatchase's cardigan is really nice, shame about the price..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

if a nightclub lets in people wearing t-shirts with cardigans, its not worth going to

Jeans/shirt/dubes wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

skregs wrote: »
    if a nightclub lets in people wearing t-shirts with cardigans, its not worth going to

Jeans/shirt/dubes wins

Agree with the sentiment if a night club is going to let people in wearing t-shirts and cardigans its not worth going to but sailing shoes in a night club ffs :rolleyes:

Dubes are the least fashionable and most pompous thing you could wear on a night out. Nobody under the the age of 40 should wear sailing shoes (unless you are on a boat) and especially not in a nightclub. Funny how dubes are only fashionble in Dublin and nowhere else in the world. Imagine P Diddy/Jay-Z/other nightclubbing celeb rolling up to a night in Miami/NYC/LA and stepping out of a limo in Dubes!!

Bottom line, dubes are sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

skregs wrote: »

Jeans/shirt/dubes wins

Whats wrong with t-shirts and cardigans?
    Dubes, anywhere, on anyone are fail imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

I've notiiced a lot of the lads who come up to Dublin for college are into this whole shirt 'n' shoes deal. I'd only ever wear that for something formal.

T-shirt, jeans, cool belt and decent pair of runners all the way.

Decent pair of runners(Generally puma, asics, some nike and then the one you get in topman, river island etc.)

http://ie.schuh.co.uk/images/product/340594/3405943120_main.jpg

Obv. don't turn up to up to club wearing something like this:
    http://www.freewebs.com/nikeshoesuk/TL-04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Aldito wrote: »
    I've notiiced a lot of the lads who come up to Dublin for college are into this whole shirt 'n' shoes deal. I'd only ever wear that for something formal.

Er - Formal would be a full suit, shirt n'shoes are smart-casual :)

I think Dublin's one of the few places in the world where the majority of people don't see shirt and shoes as suitable clothes for going out.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Dublin's one of the few places in the world where the majority of people don't see shirt and shoes as suitable clothes for going out.

Definitely not true, one of the few places in Ireland maybe. Went interrailing last Summer, and every single place you go you'd spot irish people straight away, because they looked so out of place, looking as someone else said, "dressed by their mammies". You can definitely look as, if not a lot more, stylish wearing a very casual outfit than wearing a shirt and shoes.

You're looking at the wrong shirts and shoes then I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Er - Formal would be a full suit, shirt n'shoes are smart-casual :)

I think Dublin's one of the few places in the world where the majority of people don't see shirt and shoes as suitable clothes for going out.

Have you gone clubbing in other cities at all? The equivalent of our clubs over there has a much more casual attire.

If you went on a tourist buzz and went to "suggested nightclubs" perhaps. But if you go to places frequented by the people who live in the places themselves...things are far more casual. On the continent in particular. Sure, Americans wear shorts and runners out clubbing like.

• Advertisement

Sure, Americans wear shorts and runners out clubbing like.

True that, we all went out wearing those flowery shorts and no one looked twice anywhere we went, bouncers or otherwise. My mate even wore flip flop to one place in Berlin.

The best thing about T-shirts, runners etc, is you can just go frm college to a mates gaf to drink then on to a club, none of this going home to get changed malarky...

Which is one of the main reasons I hate being a girl

Have you gone clubbing in other cities at all? The equivalent of our clubs over there has a much more casual attire.
    Actually, I have gone - Quite a lot - I don't think we'd frequent the same clubs too often though :)
    Sure, Americans wear shorts and runners out clubbing like.
    Americans!? Shur they were shorts and jersey's inside in Copper Face Jacks :pac:

Still doesn't mean I would...
    Which is one of the main reasons I hate being a girl
    We was actually talking about this this evening - It's quite funny when you see a lady on her night out, after spending a solid chunk of the evening showering, make-up, picking out the right clothes and shoes for the night, etc.... And her boyfriend standing beside her in the same 'ironic' t-shirt, jeans and converse he was wearing yesterday morning, with trademark 'just out of bed' hair.

Meh, Im not like that at all. Ready in about 20 minutes, and already know what I'm wearing.

Well what kind of clubs are you talking about?

Well, most have something along the lines of;
    Dress code:

Very Smart. No T-shirts, No loose jeans, No trainers.

Which is either stated rather clearly, or you'll find out fast enough from the doormen. Am currently based in London btw.

Musicwise - Everything from jazz to standard chart 'club music'.

I've heard the bouncers on the Fabric door are ridiculously strict on dress code. All depends where you go really. The likes of Krystle here wouldnt let you near if you had runners and a tshirt on, but Id rather drink glue than spend a night in the company of people like that.

Also depends on age group. The college nights out look as stepped away from "shoes and shirt" and in general decent runners and jeans are what most of the crowd you see will be wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

T-shirt, cardigan, skinnies and cons. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

What if your 35, I'm thinking lumberjack shirt, White T shirt, Jeans and leather sports shoes (brown).

Would i get away with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

What if your 35, I'm thinking lumberjack shirt, White T shirt, Jeans and leather sports shoes (brown).

Would i get away with it..

I wouldn't go with the shirt tbh, will love like you're over-thinking it. but lumberjack, jeans and possibly plimsoles or smart shoes and you'll be grand

Advertisement