Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

toyota GLANZA need performance advise

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hello i am waiting on a 1996 toyta glanza v turbo to come in from japan . totally stock anybody any advise for modifing it , to improve accelleration etc... so far considering hks induction kit,hks actuator. hks exaust from car back. hks downpipe . if anybody could advise me much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

johnbyrne wrote: »
    hello i am waiting on a 1996 toyta glanza v turbo to come in from japan . totally stock anybody any advise for modifing it , to improve accelleration etc... so far considering hks induction kit,hks actuator. hks exaust from car back. hks downpipe . if anybody could advise me much appreciated

theres a modified car section, but not very busy imo

also have a look at awww.dtdirl.com

couple of guys on there with TD04 turbos running well over 200bhp in their glanza's.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,212 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kceire wrote: »
    theres a modified car section

Indeed there is. Moved this thread over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I find Midnightclub.ie brill for any questions i have on performance cars, all the people on that really know their stuff, and there's loads of people with Glanza's to advise ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

it depends on how deep you pockets are really, glanzas can be tuned very well with very little money.

Start out with a good induction kit, adjustable actuator, front mount intercooler and an apexi air fuel controller mapped right to make sure you're fuelling properly when you turn up the boost. that way you can safely boost around 1 - 1.1 bar, and the hks actuator will hold it safely. then you can start looking into better a manifold, downpipe and catback exhaust system increase gains. after that you'd really want to look into forging your internals and going for a bigger turbo, like a td04 as kceire mentioned. boosting anywhere near 1.3 bar will make your engine go pop.

How much is it settin ya back to get the car befor mods? What year is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 johnbyrne

p-nut wrote: »
    it depends on how deep you pockets are really, glanzas can be tuned very well with very little money.

Start out with a good induction kit, adjustable actuator, front mount intercooler and an apexi air fuel controller mapped right to make sure you're fuelling properly when you turn up the boost. that way you can safely boost around 1 - 1.1 bar, and the hks actuator will hold it safely. then you can start looking into better a manifold, downpipe and catback exhaust system increase gains. after that you'd really want to look into forging your internals and going for a bigger turbo, like a td04 as kceire mentioned. boosting anywhere near 1.3 bar will make your engine go pop.

thanks for this anywhere you could recomment to get this done and wat type of money would i be lookin at for induction kit , adjust actuator and apexi air fuel . and what break horse power would i be lookin at then

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnbyrne

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    How much is it settin ya back to get the car befor mods? What year is it?

its costing me 3200 including vrt . its a 96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pieface101

that cheap i might do it myself my glanza just got robbed couple of weeks ago lookin 2 get a nw 1 nd modify it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Doesn't sound too bad for a turbo. Depending on the condition/mileage etc. Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

WTF? Jesus wept are these things still fetching stupid money like that?

Maybe I should try to sell me cupra...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

kayos wrote: »
    WTF? Jesus wept are these things still fetching stupid money like that?

Maybe I should try to sell me cupra...

I saw a 98 N/A piece of crap one, with 170,000 km's for €4,500:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I saw a 98 N/A piece of crap one, with 170,000 km's for €4,500:eek:

So not only can it not corner, it can not go fast even in a straight line? And they wanted 4.5K for it?

Get your cupra here! Step right up folks, bigger, safer, faster, less of a boys in blue magnet and available for less than a Turbo'd matchbox Glanza. Step right up, this offer wont last forever.

kayos wrote: »
    So not only can it not corner, it can not go fast even in a straight line? And they wanted 4.5K for it?

Get your cupra here! Step right up folks, bigger, safer, faster, less of a boys in blue magnet and available for less than a Turbo'd matchbox Glanza. Step right up, this offer wont last forever.
    How much is it going for? Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

my advise would be drive the car for a few thousand miles and one you know the weak point just improve them i.e suspension, brakes etc. best off getting to know the car first before going mad with the mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Erebus

sort out the handling / suspension first then start feeding in the extra power..
    just go here ... http://www.toyotagtturbo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 japzeye

My advice would be to pour petrol on it and set it alight asap,much less embarrassing than driving the heap of ****:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

japzeye banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

remove the gear box and ideally add a 6 speed from a later corrolla and get the gears shortend...

top speed of around 120 with 1-2 secs off your 0-60 is Really worth it...

then just go about making it more rigid while making it lighter.

then move onto all the usual tricks which makes it a fuel pump magnet.

S.I.R wrote: »
    remove the gear box and ideally add a 6 speed from a later corrolla and get the gears shortend...

top speed of around 120 with 1-2 secs off your 0-60 is Really worth it...

then just go about making it more rigid while making it lighter.

then move onto all the usual tricks which makes it a fuel pump magnet.
    HUH? Can't see a Glanza hittin 120 even with a 6 speed Corrolla 'box!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

A de-limited Glanza will do 130mph no probs.

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    A de-limited Glanza will do 130mph no probs.
    Been in de limited CTR's that'd struggle that, cant see a 1.3 hittin that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You cannot be serious with that? Sounds very off considering my 106gti will hit 130 with 5~600 revs left to redline..and a CTR would leave me for dead..

ClioV6 wrote: »
    You cannot be serious with that? Sounds very off considering my 106gti will hit 130 with 5~600 revs left to redline..and a CTR would leave me for dead..
    Been in a good friends Civic a few times, the needle on the speedo goes round to the R on type R and the car didn't go much further than thet, the acceleration was leathal but it maxed out at about 210-220kmh. It could of just been his now! I dont want all the Type R drivers lifting me outta it!

I absolutely love em, but I can't see an unmodded one going over 130mph.

Edit: Had a look on the ep9 forum there, lads are sayin they've hit 150 so I is sorry but my mates went nowhere near it, must of been killed by prev owner

Edit Edit! Post 22 on this: http://www.ek9.org/forum/general-chat/8372-top-speed-2.html

Maybe there wasn't anything wrong with his after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Been in a good friends Civic a few times, the needle on the speedo goes round to the R on type R and the car didn't go much further than thet, the acceleration was leathal but it maxed out at about 210-220kmh. It could of just been his now! I dont want all the Type R drivers lifting me outta it!

I absolutely love em, but I can't see an unmodded one going over 130mph.

Edit: Had a look on the ep9 forum there, lads are sayin they've hit 150 so I is sorry but my mates went nowhere near it, must of been killed by prev owner

Edit Edit! Post 22 on this: http://www.ek9.org/forum/general-chat/8372-top-speed-2.html

Maybe there wasn't anything wrong with his after all!

One post in a thread full of people saying otherwise..
    I'd say there's plenty wrong with his..

ClioV6 wrote: »
    One post in a thread full of people saying otherwise..
    I'd say there's plenty wrong with his..
    He actually has a Glanza now funninly enough, CTR got stolen

I've been in two Glanzas (mine included) which have done 130 mph+ (on private land/drag day) the speed was verified on mine by both an Apexi RSM and the function on my sat nav that records your speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

omg my friends glanza 190bhp goes off da clock (112 mph) in third gear:cool::eek:

Must have been off the limiter aswell as off the clocks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aidankelly2000

hello i have toyota glanza turbo and planing on puting a 6 speed gear box into it. has any one done this before as i need advice on the jok. please text me or email me at aidankelly2000@yahoo.ie or text me on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Erebus

6 speed yes but why bother. search www.toyotagtturbo.com for some answers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement