Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is the lisbon result counted

Options
  • 02-10-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Quick question. Does every single vote count or does it work on a constituency basis. Ie if Louth votes no will that be taken as 1 no out of a possible 26? Does anyone get me. I hope it's not that right. I'm voting yes but live in a very republican area and I'm expecting an overall no in Louth. Can anyone clarify?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

NADA wrote: »
    Quick question. Does every single vote count or does it work on a constituency basis. Ie if Louth votes no will that be taken as 1 no out of a possible 26? Does anyone get me. I hope it's not that right. I'm voting yes but live in a very republican area and I'm expecting an overall no in Louth. Can anyone clarify?

Total popular vote, we'll save you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, total vote. Consituency-based wouldn't really work because Dublin contains between 15 and 25% of the total population, but is only one of twenty-six counties. So conceivably a referendum could go strongly one way in the popular vote (say all the major cities voted for A), but lose overall because the other counties voted for B.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Every sperm vote is sacred. They add them all up! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Advertisement