Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with thread lock and mod comment.

Options
  • 11-09-2009 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I just want to add feedback.

i'm basically disgusted at the insult I've recieved a few days ago.

GET A BLOG attitude is not acceptable at all. It is rude, condensending and out of order. There is no excuse for that kind of ignorance anywhere from a person of authority. Respect others and most importantly respect your own authority.

I just want to ask.

What is the terms and conditions of where something is not to be dicussed. This paranormal forum is stuck in the 90s where people are told to talk about catching ghost in a fish jar. This thread is a joke. It has gotten nowere in the last 4 years.

What forum is this called and what exactly is the paranormal forum branched into.

I'm on at least 4 other websites that have Paranormal, Occult, C.Ts, Astrology, etc etc. Never on these forums do you ever and I mean ever hear a mod saying " get a blog"

It's absaoloutely dispicable behaviour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This forum including the C.T and spirituality forum is dying.

The arrogance of the Admins on this site has become a problem, not for me or the average user, but for them. Arrogance covers your eyes and makes you think you walk through doors but you end up hitting the door with a slap in the face.

Thats what arrogance does to you. Why the Admins and mods do not see what is happening is beyond me. Your losing people who are in the field of knowledge only to be replaced by trolls, sheep attitude people and the be ignorant.

Its the problem of what is happening right now on many forums of this nature. Irish people are falling behind rapidly in the awakening era.

This is a dire warning to you. at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

mysterious wrote: »
    This is a dire warning to you. at this time.

:rolleyes:

Get over it, you went off on some cultish rant and refused to even engage in debate, being dismissive and insulting to anyone who even dared to question your rediculous posts. You weren't and had no intention of engaging in debate or discussion, you were standing on your virtual soapbox expressing your absolutely rediculous religious/cultish views and somehow expecting some sort of praise for same ?

This forum is fine and the mods in here are doing a perfectly fine job.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Mysterious, I am the one who made the comment and closed your thread, so I will respond.

You use various forums on boards to promote your own agenda and beliefs. You do not discuss, you dictate, and you refuse to engage with posters who hold a different view. This makes a lot of your posting off topic and repetitive. This is not news to you, its not the first time this has been brought up with you. Therefore I didnt feel the need to tiptoe around you.

You may feel it is unacceptable, as other forums dont treat you this way, but boards has a very clear set of rules and conditions. You accept these rules when you join.
    They help to make boards the particular place it is. You wouldnt walk into a meeting and attempt to take over the agenda, it would be bad manners, youd likely be thrown out. The same rules of civilised behavior apply here.

Could you also please explain your dire warning comment, it is important as a mod of boards and as an individual that I understand clearly what you meant by it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

As another mod on this forum I completely agree with Oryx's comments (both the reply above and the "get a blog" comments). Mysterious, it seems quite clear to me from your posts, that you have a strongly held set of particular beliefs. It is also quite clear that your posts are designed to be lectures on that particular set of beliefs to sway people towards them, and it seems very much like your intention is to "educate the masses". In short your posts very much appear to be proselytizing or preaching.

This invariably causes friction because people will want to pose counter points and challenge ideas etc, but this is pretty impossible when someone is proselytizing which leads to nothing more than both sides ending up unsatisfied.

I really think that for your own benefit you should consider what your aims are and then decide if boards.ie is really the best medium for achieving that. You know, there really is a lot to be said for having a blog.

stevenmu wrote: »
    As another mod on this forum I completely agree with Oryx's comments (both the reply above and the "get a blog" comments). Mysterious, it seems quite clear to me from your posts, that you have a strongly held set of particular beliefs. It is also quite clear that your posts are designed to be lectures on that particular set of beliefs to sway people towards them, and it seems very much like your intention is to "educate the masses". In short your posts very much appear to be proselytizing or preaching.

This invariably causes friction because people will want to pose counter points and challenge ideas etc, but this is pretty impossible when someone is proselytizing which leads to nothing more than both sides ending up unsatisfied.

I really think that for your own benefit you should consider what your aims are and then decide if boards.ie is really the best medium for achieving that. You know, there really is a lot to be said for having a blog.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What is the average age in this forum? Some of you lot need to get real. This is just estatic. I'm shocked at the responses. "I have set of beliefs"

So in that case what am I supposed to believe? What actual guideline and leap of faith do we need in order to post a topic in this forum. Seriously read your post at least three times and check the date and timeline we live in.

We don't live in Church ruled Ireland. I'm entitled to express my beliefs any shape I like as long as I hold self respect and self responsiblity for what I say and do. I am allowed to express my views without forcing it on anyone. These are standards for this site, every site and in real life.

The real problem on this forum, is my knowledge threatens the moderators for their ignorance is triggered. That should say a lot. It should speak volumes when someone behaves in a condensending mannner and tell someobody as an adult to "get a blog" and then lock the thread.

It was said on the forum already that others found it odd that is was locked. Self awareness is what you need in this day and age and learn to respect the opinion of others.

People on boards need to be educated you prove that yourself.

A moderator cannot lock a thread because he dissagrees with an opinion of a poster.

I think it deemed nessecary to make it larger as it seems you missed my point earlier.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Mysterious, I am the one who made the comment and closed your thread, so I will respond.

You use various forums on boards to promote your own agenda and beliefs. You do not discuss, you dictate, and you refuse to engage with posters who hold a different view. This makes a lot of your posting off topic and repetitive. This is not news to you, its not the first time this has been brought up with you. Therefore I didnt feel the need to tiptoe around you.

You may feel it is unacceptable, as other forums dont treat you this way, but boards has a very clear set of rules and conditions. You accept these rules when you join.
    They help to make boards the particular place it is. You wouldnt walk into a meeting and attempt to take over the agenda, it would be bad manners, youd likely be thrown out. The same rules of civilised behavior apply here.

Could you also please explain your dire warning comment, it is important as a mod of boards and as an individual that I understand clearly what you meant by it.

Your agenda to me would seem your trying to silent me.

So whos opinion is more valid?

Go on I want to see where this will go. As for your comment with boards have rules. Of course they do I didn't break them. I certainly didn't go against the charter either. So don't speak for boards for your actions. Seriously do not do that. Your actions was not validated by boards. You made a personal decision to be offensive.

Your agenda to me would seem your trying to silent me.

So whos opinion is more valid?

Go on I want to see where this will go.
    Firstly, explain your dire warning comment.

I have no agenda towards you in the slightest. I have an agenda to keep this forum a peaceable place in which to post.
    mysterious wrote:
    I am allowed to express my views without forcing it on anyone
    This is the nub of your problem. I have no problem with your views, but they are off topic here, in paranormal. That is my only issue with you. I dont really know where your views fit on boards, perhaps you could suggest somewhere you feel is suitable?

And contrary to what you seem to think, you are not free to express whatever you choose on boards. It is well known and well publicised that you do not have full freedom of speech here. As stevenmu says, this may not be something that suits you.

Oryxx

If you discussed a topic on the appriopriate forum and I came in and

said

"Get a blog"

and lock the thread.

How would you feel. Let's be adults here and with some self awareness. Boards.ie needs a good dose of it. You do not tell someone to go get a blog and I know full well who started that liner on this forum. It is not acceptable to speak to any user on this site in that manner. Nor do I feel I have that right to say that to anyone. I make sure I be self aware and less judgmental as everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I just want to strsss again, it is not acceptable.

Oryx wrote: »
    Firstly, explain your dire warning comment.

I have no agenda towards you in the slightest. I have an agenda to keep this forum a peaceable place in which to post.

This is the nub of your problem. I have no problem with your views, but they are off topic here, in paranormal. That is my only issue with you. I dont really know where your views fit on boards, perhaps you could suggest somewhere you feel is suitable?

And contrary to what you seem to think, you are not free to express whatever you choose on boards. It is well known and well publicised that you do not have full freedom of speech here. As stevenmu says, this may not be something that suits you.

It does suit me and A LOT of posters. There is a small few who have " a personal " thing about my views. As I said I'm interested to say where you take this.

I have an opinion you have an opinion and everyone has opinion. How does your opinion overule mine? That's what your implying.

You know many people are not going to agree with everything I say the same way that holds for you and everyone. It still comes down to a root problem.

And it's not me, because I didn't break the charter. You can sing and dance and bring boards into as a third party. You brought this in as a personal issue.

Funny that your unacceptable behaviour and throw in boards to save your ass. Well boards didn't tell you to behave in a condesending manner and lock the thread.

Oryxx

If you discussed a topic on the appriopriate forum and I came in and

said

"Get a blog"

and lock the thread.
    If I am posting within the remit of any forum, that will not happen. As I said in my initial response, this is not the first time you have fallen foul of the off topic forum rules.

How would you feel. Let's be adults here and with some self awareness. Boards.ie needs a good dose of it. You do not tell someone to go get a blog and I know full well who started that liner on this forum. It is not acceptable to speak to any user on this site in that manner. Nor do I feel I have that right to say that to anyone. I make sure I be self aware and less judgmental as everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I just want to strsss again, it is not acceptable.
    I apologise if my attitude offended you. It was meant to be succinct, rather than offensive.

Yes, we are all adults here. I hope then that you can bear that in mind and understand that I have no axe to grind against you, but I do need to keep all posters, including you, working within the rules here.

And yet again I must ask you to explain your warning comment, which I take offence to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If the mods don't mind I do have a suggestion that you consider moving some of mysterious post to helpdesk/feedback as they may be better suited there.

This is the thread the op is complaining about, the posts above are all moved from the paranormal feeback thread.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Enough. mysterious - I'm pretty sure we've had words with you about this stuff before. This isn't feedback, it's a self-indulgent moanfest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement