Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tv character freaked you out as a kid?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Even in the last scene of the last episode, when you taught every was OK, happy ever after here we come......camera cuts to the stones and you know the weirdness is going to start all over again. They don't make childrens programmes like that anymore..... just aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 senape

moomin, and the icequeen from moomin. Around the twist freaked my out but it was good. Don't know if anyone remembers the elephant vampire short that used to be on TTC.

Oh and the demon headmaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

did the stone king in return to oz scare the crap out of anybody else? in fact the whole film was creepy

300px-NomeKingReturnToOz.jpg

return-to-oz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Into the Labyrinth was creepy stuff too. Even the HTV ident at the start of the show gave me the shivers (I just got a flashback..good old YouTube)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Rafferty the dog from Bosco. 'Grrrrrrrrrrrrrruff!!!'. Used to scare the hell outta me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ruu wrote: »
    The intro alone was enough!

:eek: Oh My God! What the hell is that? I'm freaked out right now.

Jaws from James Bond used to scare me a lot. I once didn't walk down a road on one of my childhood walkabouts because I saw a painter that resembled him slighly. Pobably just as well though...

james_bond_jaws.jpg

I also had an irrational fear of 3 wheeled cleaning vehicles. I used to dive behind the couch whenever I heard one outside.

And This. couldn't sleep for weeks when the video came out.

michael-jackson-thriller-remake-acapella-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Chocky used to freak me out. Anyone remember this? I think it was on ITV, some kid used to have this weird oddly shaped spirit thingy appear in the corner of his/her room...weird :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

120px-Girl_From_Tomorrow_Silverthorn_1992.jpg
    Silverthorne from The Girl From Tommorrow!!

mork.jpg
    I didn't like Mork (Robin Williams)! - Mork and Mindy

Angelo creeped me out.

fred01.jpg
    He use to scare me in this and I hated this film...

Chocky used to freak me out. Anyone remember this? I think it was on ITV, some kid used to have this weird oddly shaped spirit thingy appear in the corner of his/her room...weird :)

Yeah, I remember that from when I was about 4/5. Fairly wierd alright. I used to think it was called Chalkey, like chalk dust ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Pingray

Bungle off "Rainbow".... Theres always a threat of rabies. OH and Ms Trunchbull in Matilda... For years I was convinced she lived at the end of my road. She was freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whoze

Sounds ridiculous, but Miss Hannigan from Annie sent me flying out of the room...

Also I was terrified of Free Willy...I dont know why

I hadn't seen the film Oliver till I was about 15 because I was terrified of Fagan!

Return to Oz really was the most traumatising (kids?) film of all time, the Wheelers still terrify me! And the queen that changed her head in the room full of heads?! WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Ming the merciless from the ancient Flash Gordon series which was shown on Sat mornings. He was a right ba*tard. Mind you the spacecraft weren't the best.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

That camp jester on RentaGhost:

rentaghost_jester_150_150x180.jpg

Wordy in Look and Read:

wordyandcolin.jpg

Whoze wrote: »
    Also I was terrified of Free Willy...I dont know why

Maybe you'd prefer to pay for it :P
    Return to Oz really was the most traumatising (kids?) film of all time, the Wheelers still terrify me! And the queen that changed her head in the room full of heads?! WTF?

Yeah that's a fairly dark movie alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmm.. would have to be those black gorilla soldiers in Planet of the Apes. The brown and ginger monkies were fine but them black gorilla guyz scared the bejaysus outta me !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i'd run screaming from the room when the incredible hulk started....

someone else mentioned tommy cooper, i actually witnessed his death onstage...live tv folks, you never know.......

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

The evil Baron from Tim Tyler.

timthaler.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Fecking Bosco, I swear. Always thought he/she was just too over friendly in a creepy way. Whats behind the magic door? Find out for yourself and leave me alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

The trap door, the theme tune made me uncomfortable. And of course wurzel was terrifying. Didn't really appreciate the thunder noise at the start of count duckula or whatever he was called!

• Advertisement

The trap door, the theme tune made me uncomfortable. And of course wurzel was terrifying. Didn't really appreciate the thunder noise at the start of count duckula or whatever he was called!

I loved all the wee marla squigley things came out of the trapdoor. The rest was freaky and terrifiying. Ah cant believe you didn't like the Duckula theme though, "There's not a vampire zanier than Duckula, count Duckula"

Klim wrote: »
    I loved all the wee marla squigley things came out of the trapdoor. The rest was freaky and terrifiying. Ah cant believe you didn't like the Duckula theme though, "There's not a vampire zanier than Duckula, count Duckula"

i know! It was frightening, but i did like the cartoon itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

dont know if this counts but the witches in roald dahls witches scared the crap outta me when i was a kid.

when they were in the hotel conference room and some were changing into witches I had to cover my eyes to be honest!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

also in the charlie and the chocolate factory the original film when wonka takes them on the boat ride in the chocolate river in the tunnel, that freaked me out big time i remember too.

dont know if this counts but the witches in roald dahls witches scared the crap outta me when i was a kid.

when they were in the hotel conference room and some were changing into witches I had to cover my eyes to be honest!!:D

yes! Forgot bout them, they were too feckin scary! And then when they're chasing the mouse/child, good jesus, heartstopping!

I hope you're happy. There goes a fifteen year old supressed memory. God love the next old lady I see scratching her scalp!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

I cant really remember the name of the show that freaked me, but it was an RTE made show with puppets, it used to be on on Saturday mornings in the late 80's / early 90's, the mormons or something like that. All the puppets freaked me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I cant really remember the name of the show that freaked me, but it was an RTE made show with puppets, it used to be on on Saturday mornings in the late 80's / early 90's, the mormons or something like that. All the puppets freaked me!

Obviously so terrifying for you that your mind has created a mental block. May i suggest hypnosis. You can also get counselling. Back in the day of RTE's depravity many were effected in the way you were. Good luck and may the fraggles from the rock be with you.:rolleyes:

Was it the Morbegs?

200px-Noah%27s_Island_Ep_10_-_How_To_Be_A_Bear_024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Rimini Riddle used to freak me out, and no-one remembers it! Behold...

Leo-Rimini-Riddle_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Vera-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rimini-Riddle-TV-puppets_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Leo-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

Advertisement