Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite meal of all time?

Options
  • 25-04-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

What is your favourite meal/ food. Mine is a chipper chicken burger the flat one with mayo and chips with loads of salt - I know sad isn't it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It really depends. I don't think anything beats a nice well done fillet steak with some fried potatos, mushrooms and pepper sauce .. but at the same time sometimes it's just too much effort and not what I'm in the humour for.

Let's just say doner kebab. That's a good general allrounder that sets you up for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Too many to mention, my wife's a fantastic cook.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Mince, potatoes, gravy, peas, diced mushrooms and onions all mixed together and put onto slices of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Mammy and Daddy's lasagne which I now have the recipe to. Or any good lasagne with garlic bread and salad. Hmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

the last supper is a classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

galwayrush wrote: »
    Too many to mention, my wife's a fantastic cook.:)

Same here my gf cooks like a female gordan ramsey...we're getting her help for the whole anger and swearing thing

Favorite meal=Practically anything Chinese or Italian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pork crackling, a plate full of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Christmas dinner is my favourite! My hubby is a great cook, love his garlic bread with cheese yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Paella (sp?) it's a Spanish dish with rice, chicken, prawn, italian sausage called Chirizzo and green pea's. It's ****ing gorgeous. I always eat atleast 2 plates of it when my sister makes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Random wrote: »
    It really depends. I don't think anything beats a nice well done fillet steak with some fried potatos, mushrooms and pepper sauce .. but at the same time sometimes it's just too much effort and not what I'm in the humour for.

Let's just say doner kebab. That's a good general allrounder that sets you up for the day.

how is a peace of meet that resembles shoe leather nice :confused:

blue fillit steak for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

the chicken in gravy they used to sell on the European menu at a Chinese Takeaway where I lived in Scotland ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Anything.

Ill eat anything and like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ceasar Salad to start
    Tornados Rossini with roast potatoes and fresh seasonal vegatables accompanied by a good Rioja or Pinot Noir
    Profiteroles with chocolate sauce
    Cheese platter
    Italian expresso coffee
    Hennessy XO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

When on a night out, the Charcoal Special in the Charcoal Grill in Galway wins every time.:cool:

snyper wrote: »
    Anything.

Ill eat anything and like it

even from a freshly disposed nappy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

Why do you have an angry emoticon on this thread? Are you angry when you eat? :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Chateaubriand, with a few veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Stew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

lasagne.. or bangers and mash :D liver and onions would be a close contender too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Sushi and saki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

mammys mince meat and mash:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

soundsham wrote: »

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

A bag of real chips, covered in loads of salt and vinegar, on a freezing beach. And you have to do that sort of rolling thing with your tongue because they're so hot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Prime stake, medium done in a chasure pepper sauce.
    Had two again a few days ago in France. Out of this world

soundsham wrote: »

yore mas' mince meat and mash?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Stew, or BBQ'd steak washed down with a glass of fine wine such as Bucky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Nothing beats my mams Sunday roast, mushy peas, gravy, yorkshire puds...I'm only down one or two Sundays a month which only adds to the moreeeeeeeeeishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

Rack of lamb (medium rare) with roasties & any veg. Cannot beat it!!

Normally I live off stir-fry's with whatever I have in the fridge or a pasta/mince dish (onions & mushrooms essential)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Has to be a chicken curry with rice and chips from Young's chinese restaurant in Dundalk, rich dark and full of flavour....never had one to match it. Now for a home made meal it'd be a tender juicy steak with fried onions, mushrooms, chips and pepper sauce....mmmmmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anything from Zaytoon.

Advertisement