Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA All-Star Game 09

Options
  • 12-02-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where the all star game will shown on tv? any chance sky sports might be showing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Hey channel 5 are showing it. Live Sunday night at 12:55 (Mon morn). I know this isn't widely available in the ROI and it's not on Sky (not sure about NTL) but I get it through my cable so it's worth a go. Otherwise you'll have to try and find someone who has it and buy the beers :p My address is...haha. Ye I can't wait, gonna be huge, there's some amount of talent there not to mention the sideshow of Lebron v Kobe and Kobe, Shaq & Phil reuniting.
    East to win! EASTSIIIDE!

Oh I have messaged the mod to request a sticky re: basketball tv coverage - shows, channels, etc. so hopefully that can be of some use too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

thanks

U can thank me by pressin d thumbs up button on my message :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

If you have Sky then you can just manually tune in 5 to other channels, as they will be showing the all star game.
    To add channels to your "Other Channels" option, do the following -

With your digibox turned on, press the "Services" button (near the top of the remote).

Select number 4 (System Setup), and then 4 again ("Add Channels").

In the appropriate fields enter the following (you move through the fields using the up and down arrow keys).

10773 H
    FEC 5/6
    SR 22000

ID Five

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

ive got ntl digital:(

• Advertisement

Excellent soundwave...much better picture through the satellite thanks.

Hope you get sorted bb. If not send me a pm 4 streaming links not sure if I can post here??
    Not as good as tv but beter than nothing and I have been recently watching games this way as it's my last alternative due to no tv coverage and poor nba leaguespass broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think steaming links are ok, they get posted on the soccer forum quite often. Links to downloading video files is definitely bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Dunk contest was alright. Some good dunks but last year was better. The biggest news though was that LeBron said that he will enter next years competition!!! They should get all the best dunkers in the league to do it too and make it truly memorable. Id love to see Vincanity in it again!!

Did anyone else get a bit of a racist vibe from the commentators towards Rudy Fernandez and Pau Gasol during the dunk contest? It made me a bit unease listening to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Hynzie wrote: »
    Dunk contest was alright. Some good dunks but last year was better. The biggest news though was that LeBron said that he will enter next years competition!!! They should get all the best dunkers in the league to do it too and make it truly memorable. Id love to see Vincanity in it again!!

Did anyone else get a bit of a racist vibe from the commentators towards Rudy Fernandez and Pau Gasol during the dunk contest? It made me a bit unease listening to them.

I think the whole All Star thing is a joke anyway but a bit of fun I suppose if I try and leave the cynic in me at home for a while.

The only thing I like about it is the Slam Dunk and the 3 point competition.
    Slam Dunk was not as good this year alright, I totally agree about Fernandez, it was weird to say the least and the low score he got for the second dunk was a disgrace, it was by far equal if not better to the rest, I know it only a bit of fun but could be annoying enough for the player.
    Howard could of raised the basket another 2 feet and he would still make it, he is not human !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

I think the whole All Star thing is a joke anyway but a bit of fun I suppose if I try and leave the cynic in me at home for a while.

The only thing I like about it is the Slam Dunk and the 3 point competition.
    Slam Dunk was not as good this year alright, I totally agree about Fernandez, it was weird to say the least and the low score he got for the second dunk was a disgrace, it was by far equal if not better to the rest, I know it only a bit of fun but could be annoying enough for the player.
    Howard could of raised the basket another 2 feet and he would still make it, he is not human !

although to see little Nate Robinson hurdle big Dwight Howard and dunk was in my opinion the most amazing piece of athleticism ive seen in years....fair enough he gave himself a bit of a boost by placing his hand on howards shoulder mid-air but it was still amazing to see a 5ft 9in PG leap over and dunk over a 6ft 11in C :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

kev_s88 wrote: »
    although to see little Nate Robinson hurdle big Dwight Howard and dunk was in my opinion the most amazing piece of athleticism ive seen in years....fair enough he gave himself a bit of a boost by placing his hand on howards shoulder mid-air but it was still amazing to see a 5ft 9in PG leap over and dunk over a 6ft 11in C :D

Oh yea, wouldn't take anything away from Robinson, he deserved it for sure and I am happy he won it instead of Howard because they had practically given it to Howard before the competition began. Howard is a great sport and great ambassador for the game.

Robinsons not quite Spud Webb but close in my opinion

Still a bit peeved over Rudy, Damn those Yanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Rudy's dunk where it took him about 70 attempts was actually one of the better dunks in the competition imo.
    Can't wait to see LeBron in next years contest.

lafortezza wrote: »
    Can't wait to see LeBron in next years contest.

+1 Wow that's going to be special!

Nice game last night, glad they got Shaq in on the MVP. He was the most entertaining and that's what allstar is all about! and WOW did you see his intro lol :D

All in all a pretty good all star game and from now the season warms up!

Remind me not to bet on the allstar game. I thought the east had it.
    *leaves thinking if only he had of bet on the west :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

lol @ lebron in it next year. Obviously somebody had a word in his ear and told him that Jordan and Kobe both won the competition so he may feel it's something to add to his cabinet. I do think he could win but it's generally something you do in the first year or 2 of your career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

jimmay wrote: »
    +1 Wow that's going to be special!

Nice game last night, glad they got Shaq in on the MVP. He was the most entertaining and that's what allstar is all about! and WOW did you see his intro lol :D

All in all a pretty good all star game and from now the season warms up!

Remind me not to bet on the allstar game. I thought the east had it.
    *leaves thinking if only he had of bet on the west :p

:pac::pac: Shaq! What a legend!

Advertisement