Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H sex discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

An File wrote: »
    My only memories of in-school bragging about sex involved 3 lads from the rugby team gossipping like little girls. It wasn't a big deal at all for my LC group, which is funny when you think there was 140-odd guys in that year.
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Yeah, you did have some pretty odd guys in your year..
    :pac:

LOL! :D

Back me up here, Limerick Dude, was there ever much emphasis put on the whole losing one's virginity thing at school? I really can't remember it being a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Everyone's quick to say they've had sex, but who's gonna admit they've had anal sex? ;)

Is this a step too far for this thread? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

From V-plates to brown wings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Everyone's quick to say they've had sex, but who's gonna admit they've had anal sex? ;)

Any guy who has had it, in 2nd level instantly gets branded "Choco", deeply amusing!

I think for some reason this is a bit much for this thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't think that's something people freely admit to doing. Actually people don't tend to discuss the ind and outs (oho!) of their sex life in polite (ok well, sober) company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Piste wrote: »
    I don't think that's something people freely admit to doing. Actually people don't tend to discuss the ind and outs (oho!) of their sex life in polite (ok well, sober) company.

True dat. When I moved into my flat last year none of the five of us knew each other, and to resolve the situation we decided to play a game of "I never" (where one person names something they've never done, and anyone who HAS done it has to take a drink). One of the girls there was pretty much volunteering information, like she'd say "I never *whatever*" and then just drink-which is CHEATING :mad: Anyways, pretty much everything she said was something sexual, and the dirt-track issue came up. She proceeded to very loudly tell us all in detail precisely why she wouldn't reccomend it. This was in the college bar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Good grief...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Ew, no! I'd get banned if I told you it was pretty graphic

SHURRRRRRRRRRRUP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread has taken too many steps in the wrong direction...

^^And I like it.

The thread could be closed or moved if it keeps going the way it's going, imo.

He's right, no more back door conversation, or at least dont mention traffic that would usually pass in the other direction.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Is this a step too far for this thread? :pac:
    More completely off topic than a step too far for the thread, however, a thread asking people if they'd had anal sex would be not allowed on this forum (similar to the "Who here's a virgin?" thread that was locked a while ago.

Keep this thread about attitudes towards sex as opposed to descriptions of the physical act, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

*shrug* I don't really care. I'm not a nazi like! Dunno if my co-mods would be too keen on the thread going that direction though.

The title did say it was an icky gooey sex discussion thread, so if you can't handle icky gooey stuff then don't read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    More completely off topic than a step too far for the thread, however, a thread asking people if they'd had anal sex would be not allowed on this forum (similar to the "Who here's a virgin?" thread that was locked a while ago.

Keep this thread about attitudes towards sex as opposed to descriptions of the physical act, please.

I don't know , but I think she was trying to bring up the topic of how it is still viewed as a tabooed subject in a light hearted way . I don't think she was actually asking who has had it , but actually what they think of it .If I am wrong it is pretty tactless, but I don't think she is like that.
    I can see how it can be viewed that way though.

I have nothing against it at all, but I don't like the way in popular media it is made out to be the be all and end all .
    Piste wrote: »
    The title did say it was an icky gooey sex discussion thread, so if you can't handle icky gooey stuff then don't read it!
    +1

I don't see how it's completely off topic, this thread is entitled 'the icky, ooey, sex discussion thread', not the 'let's talk about sex EXCEPT FOR TEH ANALZ thread'. And I fail to see how I was making a 'description of the physical act' by simply mentioning the word(if that second part was also directed towards me that is, if not, ignore previous statement).

Anyway, I was just making a lighthearted comment on how anal can be very taboo still, as random chat box picked up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Nothing to do with the fact that it's anal sex. It was just off topic in the context of the OP and the general nature of the conversation before that. Oh, and the second part wasn't directed towards you.

The bottom line is that S&S exists for the discussion of sex. In AH, for example, threads about sex get locked on sight. Certain forums allow discussion of it to a certain extent if it fits in the context of the forum, and therefore the discussion of attitudes towards sex from the point of view of young people is allowed on here. I feel that the discussion of specific sexual practices, such as anal sex, are outside the scope of such a discussion and would be more suited to a topic in S&S.

Of course, you can make light hearted comments about the likes of anal sex if you like (as long as you're not too graphic), but that'd be more suited to a topic for banter such as The Den.

The Charter should probably be amended to include something like this. I'll see what Piste and squigloo think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

LivingDeadGirl - you do have a point, anal sex is considered a bit taboo. I guess it's seen as "messier" than other sexual acts. That's about as much as you can say about anal sex without going into the "gory details" which would be inappropriate for this forum.
    The Charter should probably be amended to include something like this. I'll see what Piste and squigloo think.

You rang? :)

I think this thread has gone surprisingly well so far. It's reassuring to see a mature discussion about sex and teenagers attitudes to it.
    As far as anal sex is concerned, I don't think it should be a completely taboo subject but at the same time it should only be discussed if (a) it's on-topic and (b) it doesn't descend into a vivid physical descrition.

Personally I don't think the Charter needs to be amended as long as people remember not to go into graphic detail about any sexual act, encourage underage users to have sex or ask pointless survey-type questions like "Who's a virgin?" and "Who's had anal sex?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

We both know the answer to that babeh ! ;)

Sex was never really a bragged about thing in my year strangely enough, if someone happened to asked me I'd tell them, although when in the earlier years of secondary "meeting" someone was a huge thing, people laughed at you if ya didn't 'meet' someone by 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

A while ago myself and my mates were sat around relaxing and the conversation turned to sex which it does all the time and the idea of anal sex came up.most people were disgusted at the idea even though oral or normal sex wouldnt bother them at all.One of the girls who had tried it said it really hurt the first time but the second time she and her boyfriend tried it it wasnt as bad as she was alot more relaxed and a lot of lube was used.

it seems to be the biggest sex taboo that comes up in normal conversation with my friends...that and the spit or swallow conversation.

It's strange, my friends and I are really open with each other (we all went on an amazing 6th Year retreat) and we can talk about anything, but sex hardly ever pops up in conversation. Thinking about it right now, I'm pretty sure only 2 of my closest friends actually have experience of intercourse. However, because we've all known each others' partners, there has been some kind of un-spoken agreement not to divulge anything too personal about them.

Funny how I only just realised that!

It's strange, my friends and I are really open with each other (we all went on an amazing 6th Year retreat) and we can talk about anything, but sex hardly ever pops up in conversation. Thinking about it right now, I'm pretty sure only 2 of my closest friends actually have experience of intercourse. However, because we've all known each others' partners, there has been some kind of un-spoken agreement not to divulge anything too personal about them.

Funny how I only just realised that!

out of my group of girl mates we know the most graphic things about each others sex lives and most other aspects.

I think were so often beacuse most of us are very accepting.aswell we throw stuff out there that a lot would be embaressed to bring up themselves but once someone else has said it other identify with it.

I think some of it mmay be because a lot of the time we wouldnt have ever even met the other person involved in the acts but even when we have we dont see any problem with sharing.

its crazy though because i know all our parents would think its sick and disgusting that we may compare peoples thecniques with others or talk about our sex lives as openly as we would tastes in music.

oh and when i mean sex lives i dont mean acctual sex im just refering to all things sexual

out of my group of girl mates we know the most graphic things about each others sex lives and most other aspects.

I think were so often beacuse most of us are very accepting.aswell we throw stuff out there that a lot would be embaressed to bring up themselves but once someone else has said it other identify with it.

I think some of it mmay be because a lot of the time we wouldnt have ever even met the other person involved in the acts but even when we have we dont see any problem with sharing.

its crazy though because i know all our parents would think its sick and disgusting that we may compare peoples thecniques with others or talk about our sex lives as openly as we would tastes in music.

oh and when i mean sex lives i dont mean acctual sex im just refering to all things sexual

Heh, I recognise what you're saying here. I'm in my second long(ish)-term relationship (i.e. over one year) and both my current girlfriend and my ex would tell their respective best friends everything. It takes a while to get used to knowing that somebody else has heard all about what you can do in the bedroom!

It's great that in both cases, despite the two being so different, the friends involved were really discreet about it and would never pass comments.

Heh, I recognise what you're saying here. I'm in my second long(ish)-term relationship (i.e. over one year) and both my current girlfriend and my ex would tell their respective best friends everything. It takes a while to get used to knowing that somebody else has heard all about what you can do in the bedroom!

It's great that in both cases, despite the two being so different, the friends involved were really discreet about it and would never pass comments.

oh yeah like if i tell one of the girls she wont tell the rest of them and i know if they all know it wont leave the group...well except for one girl but as no one relly likes her she gets told nothing.

awww.and hope things go well with the lady.a year seems crazy long to me know.

awww.and hope things go well with the lady.a year seems crazy long to me know.

It'll be a year and a half next weekend! :eek:
    :)

It'll be a year and a half next weekend! :eek:
    :)

MAD!!

closest ive got is like 6 months meeting someone
    or that a chap im seeing now ive been meeting on and off since the november before last.
    but im relationshiply challeneged anyhow:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I lost my virginity while 18...only a few months ago, with the guy I love:)
    Looking back after it, it really wasn't such a big deal. It's not like you suddenly feel different or anything. I'm happy I waited, although an oppurtunity had never really arisen before that. And only yesterday I found out I was his first too:)

• Advertisement

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I lost my virginity while 18...only a few months ago, with the guy I love:)
    Looking back after it, it really wasn't such a big deal. It's not like you suddenly feel different or anything. I'm happy I waited, although an oppurtunity had never really arisen before that. And only yesterday I found out I was his first too:)

I find it strange that the guy you love only revealed his virginity to you several months after the big event.

Advertisement