Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations to new Weather Mods Trogdor and Weathercheck!!

Options
  • 23-01-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to congratulate trogdor and Weathercheck on becoming new Weather forum mods!!
    Snowbie and Deep Easterly have regretfully decided to step down for personal reasons.
    But as one door closes another opens.

Neither of these guys need introductions as any forum regular will know that both are quality posters and both have a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm about the weather which is great to have on board.
    There'll be no stopping WC next time there's snow in the air now :D:pac::pac: , just kidding WC :P;):D

So well done trogdor and Weathercheck, I'm sure you'll both be great mods here and popular ones at that :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Ah that's real sound.
    Congrats to both of you
    This is a great team at the helm and I look to forward to the coming chapter in the boards weather forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is great news and 2 fantastic choices for mods, I always had a feelin that WC would one day end up being a mod around here, congtatz guys:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Congrats! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

As a lurker of these parts I say good choice.

Well done!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Might as well get it in here before anyone else does :p, but I, for one, accept our new weather forum overlords!

Congrats guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭kindredspirit

Congratulations Trogdor and WC.

Delighted for you. Two good people join the helm.

Nothing stays still. Fact of evolution and life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Contrats to Trogdor and WC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Fair play to two new mods. best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Best o' luck lads

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Congrats guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sincere congrats to WC and Trogdor - couldn't happen to nicer guys.

Now that your a moderator WC its your responsibility to deliver us snow! :D We demand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well deserved, two excellent posters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

+1

Good luck, guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Thank you very much folks!

Didn't think i'd ever be offered to become a moderator here to be honest but i am very thankful for it and look forward to trying to make the forum a friendly place for open weather discussion between people of all knowledge levels.

My main aim is for there to be no silly arguments anymore on the forum, i'll discuss things with Supercell and Trogdor and perhaps aim at setting up a few long term threads for less formal weather discussion and then for more detailed weather forecasting within shorter timeframes.

Thanks for the good luck messages and i hope to prove to be a decent choice. :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Thanks everyone!
    I look forward to lording over all of you:p
    Hope I contribute my part to the forum and continue to develop it:) maybe even learn a few things along the way!
    Thanks again everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good luck battling the frontal troughs of moderation, just beware those occluded threads, blowing hot and cold.

/okay I'll shut up now :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Good luck WC and trogdor:)

I hope you will work to make the forum less strict so to speak. This is a weather forum afterall. Why not debate the model output to whatever timeframe? That is what they are there for. Can't wait for your snow threads btw:P;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

not a member long but have always respected theirs and everyones comments.best of luck guys.lets get this snow on the road ha;)

Congratulations guys.
    I foretell blizzards already :D:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Congratulations Trogdor and WC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Good luck to you both, make sure you check the Mod forum for any help or info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Well done lads, I'm delighted for ye both. Ye had better deliver on the ramping!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A terrible decision. I just know it has Supercell written all over it.

Congratulations to you both i hope this development signifies some decent snow is on the way:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Excellent stuff, well done lads!

Just to point out actually, I first found boards.ie while browsing the web in December 2004 trying to find some info for the winter ahead - basically to see if there was any chance of snow, if it was likely to be a cold winter etc. My google search led me to the weather section of boards.ie and a young WC getting very excited about potential snow around Christmas - I think this was a good two weeks before Christmas and he called snow for Christmas day, which did indeed come to pass. Since then I have always had the upmost respect for his posts, even in the early days when he warned to 'stock up on beans' as we were facing the most severe snow in many years!!! :D I don't post as much here as other parts of boards but certainly do lurk from time to time!

Well done again lads, hopefully no more fighting over something none of ye can control! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Congratulations guys!! I'm so looking forward to your snow threads, which I hope in just around the corner:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Congrats lads.
    Why did Snowbie and DE resign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Congratulations.

As the Corporate Rep I'm here to offer any help, advice or moral support if required.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

My congratulations as well to you both. Especially to Weathercheck, from being banned to being a moderator, thats some journey, well done.
    Thanks also to the retiring moderators for all the time and effort they have given us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Strasser wrote: »
    Especially to Weathercheck, from being banned to being a moderator, thats some journey,
    I don't think WC is the first to take that journey here, isn't that right SC? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭squonk

Well done lads! Congratulations and good luck to you both.

Advertisement