Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YORE MAs pub quizz thread [NO CHAT!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rojerdandry

Not Tibet, or Ireland - now I'm off to watch some T.V.

After becoming independent of Britain it had almost thirty years of prosperity before the attentions of the other country were fixed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I am thinking Kuwait.........

You gottit

Someone else stick one up for me... haven't had a chance today with this thing called work..... and i won't be online at all this weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

robtri wrote: »
    Someone else stick one up for me... haven't had a chance today with this thing called work..... and i won't be online at all this weekend...
    OK, I got a quick one. What is a pullicologist?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

a flea expert?

a flea expert?
    too easy eh? Well done. :)

A doxology is "a hymn or verse in Christian liturgy glorifying God", but what might it have to do with this famous man's death by assassination?

A doxology is "a hymn or verse in Christian liturgy glorifying God", but what might it have to do with this famous man's death by assassination?

was it to do with the assination of Lincolin???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Did the victim of the assassination quote a hymm or verse just before dying ?

I'll give it to you for Lincoln.

ok, try this one, going for something different....
    name this person pictured?? ( in the attachment as I don't know how to take the pic of pc and have it shown in thread)

That would be Pablo P. I'me a long time fan and that made identifying the pic easy. I'll get back with a new question ASAP (assuming that I'm right of course and not making a public fool of myself LOL)

Name the bridge.
    Guess_What.jpg

OldGoat wrote: »
    That would be Pablo P. I'me a long time fan and that made identifying the pic easy. I'll get back with a new question ASAP (assuming that I'm right of course and not making a public fool of myself LOL)

damn you old goat!!!!!!!!

damn you old goat!!!!!!!!
    I was Damned a long long...LONG... time ago. :-)
    I wonder how many times a person can be damned? Once would seem to be enough, or does being double-damned take you to a damn'ier place then just a single damn does?

Back OT. The bridge requires a lot of paint and is often used to discribe a sisyphusian task.

OldGoat wrote: »
    I was Damned a long long...LONG... time ago. :-)
    I wonder how many times a person can be damned? Once would seem to be enough, or does being double-damned take you to a damn'ier place then just a single damn does?

Back OT. The bridge requires a lot of paint and is often used to discribe a sisyphusian task.

ahhh now you gave it away mR goat.... I believe the answer is the forth road bridge..............

ahhh now you gave it away mR goat.... I believe the answer is the forth road bridge..............
    Correct.
    I was going to put up a pic of the Tallahatchie bridge and quote from the song 'Ode to Billie Joe' but when I went looking for an image it seems that EVERY bridge across the river is called the Tallahatchie bridge. :-)

ok... keeping with the picture theme... going to make this a hard one.... well I hope a hard one....
    who is this person

• Advertisement

Looks like Kevin Costner trying out for the role of a physicist.

David Brown.

David Brown.

it is.. mr brown himself....
    its in honor of him that the aston martins get the DB name

Said to be more sexual than biblical. it still contains a reference to Samson. What is it?

Is the song called Samson and Delilah ?

( covered by so many artists including the grateful dead )

That's be a bit obvious - I don't think it would be wise to name part of the answer in the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Hair?

Halleujah by Leonard Cohen.
    I had the pleasure of seeing him play this year. Wonderful gig despite the rain.
    Cohen's songs are very influenced by both religion and sex. Being an old goat I tend to lean towards the non religious lyrical content ;-)

Question in anticipation:

Born today (18th-Dec-1932) this author is best known for his science-fiction and fantasy books but he has also dabbled in rock music.

• Advertisement

Assuming your correct to previous question old goat .

Is it Rick Wakeman ? .

Advertisement