Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Christmas drinks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fair enough guys, I'll knuckle down and attempt the Bud.
    :)

now thats piss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Rather that then Cashels which is their Cider!
    Anyway spoilt for 3 choices on Sunday.

1) Arsenal vs. Liverpool
    2) Cover that Tolka park footy game with PaulW
    3) Sin E

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

sineadw wrote: »
    Oo what happened Calina??

40D has to go back to Canon. It's sick.

Wasn't that Tolka Park game supposed to be yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Calina wrote: »
    40D has to go back to Canon. It's sick.

Oh no :( I hope it's nothing serious..

• Advertisement

Pitch was waterlogged and the game I think put back a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It looks that I'll bring my first didjital camera with me :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Did you get a new phone V ? :D:p

Calina, in your case is the camera sea-sick :-)
    I am not happy to hear that. I hope that it'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

ThOnda wrote: »
    It looks that I'll bring my first didjital camera with me :-)

Congrats on your impending purchase. A 5D by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DarrenG wrote: »
    Congrats on your impending purchase. A 5D by any chance?

5D mkI plucked from adverts.ie just this week. Congrats Vlastik! And welcome to the 5D mkI club ;)

It was good offer and I have realised that I would have to pay more than double for MkII without lens, batteries and memory cards. I should get it on Wednesday. I was thinking about calling it a sicky on Thursday just to read the manual :-)

So, if anybody wants to share experience in file storage, processing and setting the 5D, I should be available the whole Sunday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

WHe-HEY!!! Congratulations Vlastik!! You'll not regret it, ever! I still give mine cuddles when no one's looking :o;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Who needs the over-hyped, under-stocked MkII? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Calina wrote: »
    Well currently I have the use of a 3.2MP phone camera as my primary camera and I will definitely be bringing that (I think I will be dusting off my OM10 and shooting film for Christmas though).

Would you like to borrow a DSLR for Xmas? I have a spare you can use, could bring it along on Sunday.

Calina, in your case is the camera sea-sick :-)
    I am not happy to hear that. I hope that it'll be back soon.

Oh God there have been threads about this. No, the camera did not get sea sick. It stopped working in my hands, was not dropped, did not fall.

It won't have a chance of getting back if I don't package it up soon though and I really have not had time.

Congratulations on the new camera though. That's fantastic. You were waiting for a while.

But it's not a Pentax? Come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Congrats ThOnda!!! Best of luck with the new purchase!!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Can I get an idea of how many people will be meeting at DCC to look at the Gallery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I unfortunately won't be attending this as I have work on Monday morning. But I am wondering will this extravaganza be going on the road. How about a meet in Downes's for the folk in the Waterford Kilkenny region.

trishw78 wrote: »
    I unfortunately won't be attending this as I have work on Monday morning. But I am wondering will this extravaganza be going on the road. How about a meet in Downes's for the folk in the Waterford Kilkenny region.

You are quite welcome to organise one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

CabanSail wrote: »
    Can I get an idea of how many people will be meeting at DCC to look at the Gallery?

I'm definitely NOT going to this.
    Simply won't have the time.
    Thanks for organising it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think I may have to prioritise boozing time :pac:

No, but seriously, with the way it's looking now, I'm gonna be going to Waterford on Sat morning (w/hangover) and back to Dublin on Sun morningish, meaning I'll be getting in about half three... or something... I'll just fit in to what the rest of ye are doing at the time. :)

I just need to know if it's worth opening the gallery to view the Brendan Walkin Exhibition or just to meet at the Pub for drinks alone. If there are 4 or 5 interested then I will arrange it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I think I may have to prioritise boozing time :pac:

No, but seriously, with the way it's looking now, I'm gonna be going to Waterford on Sat morning (w/hangover) and back to Dublin on Sun morningish, meaning I'll be getting in about half three... or something... I'll just fit in to what the rest of ye are doing at the time. :)

Al if I'm heading up on Sunday I can give you a lift.

I'd like to see those photos, but it is not essential. I don't want to be the only one to cause you long walk in winter-sh Dublin.

And thank you all. Less than 22 hours to get it :D

And thank you all. Less than 22 hours to get it :D
    While your time draws near for delivery mine seems further away....phoned Gunn's today and still no sign of any 5D mk II's, they've still only had the 1 in total in!
    Might even phone Calumet in Belfast tomorrow, long shot but.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

While your time draws near for delivery mine seems further away....phoned Gunn's today and still no sign of any 5D mk II's, they've still only had the 1 in total in!
    Might even phone Calumet in Belfast tomorrow, long shot but.....

just got my 10 percent discount card off them today for being a photography student...excellent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Did someone say something about booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yes, they did Rymus, we've got a very important weekend ahead of us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

we've or WE'VE? ;)

Advertisement